Getting Calories from Saturated Fats?

[quote]Vegg wrote:
DeadRamones wrote:
MmM I love coconut oil! Just wish it was a few bucks cheaper.

+1 for coconut oil.[/quote]

+2 has to be organic extra virgin stuff.

Saturated fat is not the devil it’s made out to be. But you are silly if you don’t have ample amounts of fish oil and flax in your diets. The benefits are well-documented and uncontroversial. Unlike with some polyunsaturated vegetable oils.

[quote]DeadRamones wrote:
MmM I love coconut oil! Just wish it was a few bucks cheaper.[/quote]

Get the 76 degree kind from the following link. 60 bucks will get you over 30 pounds of the stuff. Happy eating!

http://www.glorybeefoods.com/gbf/Shop_ProductDetail.cfm?PC=&PSC=0&P=13150&Product_Name=oil,%20coconut%2076%20degree&Token=63.161.32.232:{ts_2008-11-03_10:39:15}-427230

Extra Virgin coconut oil is a con, it’s no different from non virgin coconut oil. The only difference is cost.

[quote]plateau wrote:
Extra Virgin coconut oil is a con, it’s no different from non virgin coconut oil. The only difference is cost.[/quote]

You may be right about that. That is why I suggested the 76 degree coconut oil above. It’s very cheap.

Anyway, maybe you would like to expand on why it is a con.

[quote]entheogens wrote:
DeadRamones wrote:
MmM I love coconut oil! Just wish it was a few bucks cheaper.

Get the 76 degree kind from the following link. 60 bucks will get you over 30 pounds of the stuff. Happy eating!

http://www.glorybeefoods.com/gbf/Shop_ProductDetail.cfm?PC=&PSC=0&P=13150&Product_Name=oil,%20coconut%2076%20degree&Token=63.161.32.232:{ts_2008-11-03_10:39:15}-427230
[/quote]

Wow, that is a good deal.

That is a good price. That’s more than I can handle. I’m sure it’ll go bad before I can finish it.

[quote]DeadRamones wrote:
That is a good price. That’s more than I can handle. I’m sure it’ll go bad before I can finish it.[/quote]

On that same website, there is a gallon bucket of the same 76 degree Coconut Oil for 17 dollars. Check it out. Besides, Coconut oil does not go rancid for a long, long time.

[quote]entheogens wrote:
plateau wrote:
Extra Virgin coconut oil is a con, it’s no different from non virgin coconut oil. The only difference is cost.

You may be right about that. That is why I suggested the 76 degree coconut oil above. It’s very cheap.

Anyway, maybe you would like to expand on why it is a con.

[/quote]

The term “extra virgin” is borrowed from the olive oil industry and there is no such product or existing standard that can be applied to coconut oil production. It is simply a marketing ploy to encourage you to believe that the oil has something more to offer than virgin coconut oil.

Assume you understand why the term is used for Olive Oil.

Not seen the link you suggested, I would be worried how the fat was gotten out of the coconut for very cheap oil.