Getting Bullied at Uni: What to do?

you are in mma class yet totally fear confruntation? The passive aggressice shit is just that shit. You need to just call the guy out abou it all, im not saying run up and punch him in the face just make him explain himself. Put yourself in the same mind set that you do before pulling a heavy DL or squating your max. Just do it for your social and mental health!!

[quote]MarvelGirl wrote:
So instead of actually handling it, you’re just going to wait until everyone’s forgotten about it and then pull some passive aggressive bullshit that you can giggle about in the safety of your room…

No wonder your friends decided you were a cunt and stopped hanging out with you. You are a cunt, a cowardly cunt with no social skills.[/quote]

Marvel Girl, you can be really mean.

I like it.

[quote]benmoore wrote:
Decided what Im going to do:

My dad has a bottle of butyric acid at home… he put a couple of drops of it into a screwhole in a soap dispenser at the college where he works… the toilets had to be closed down for the rest of the day whilst the cleaners disinfected the place but they found nothing.

So Im thinking a syringe and a couple of ml under the fuckers door in a couple of weeks time when he thinks its all calmed down.

Im not going to start a shitstorm over this whole thing… unless he does something else :wink:

The fucker will be dropping out soon to waste some more of his shitty life.

I have no intention of giving up a well equipped gym with mma classes 200m from my door, cheap living and the chance to persue a subject that fascinates me just for some asshole who isnt going to get anywhere in life.

As I said - If something kicks off again Ill go apeshit and have some fun.

Im not planning on dying without any scars.

Thank you everyone.[/quote]

Heads up, you are sounding like a douche here.

[quote]benmoore wrote:

My dad has a bottle of butyric acid at home…

[/quote]

A REAL student of physics would never resort to chemistry to solve a problem.

Shame on you!!

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
benmoore wrote:

Shame on you!!

[/quote]

I have a homemade linear induction accelerator…

But the projectiles only travel about 6 feet xD

That being said electrocution/blunt force trauma are all pretty much physics related.

I’ll take this into consideration.

Dude, here’s what you do: you go up to this fucker and pound the shit out of him, bottom line. Fight dirty if you have to in order to beat his ass, but BEAT HIS ASS. The problem is mostly with you. You are LETTING this jerk walk all over you and he will continue to walk all over you until you make him suffer the consequences. But you need to do this for yourself as well.

By confronting him, you’ll be confronting a personal demon as well. Your inability and unwillingness to face a fear and search for some diplomatic solution is really just a warped way of you avoiding a fear of yours. Are you weird or anti-social and is that why your friends have dwindled? Perhaps, but if so, that’s who you are.

It’s okay to be weird, socially awkward, shy, whatever, but it’s not okay to be afraid to stand up for yourself. Whereas trying to change who you are can lead to serious mental repercussions (drug abuse, alcoholism, etc.) you DO need to change your inability to meet confrontations head on. If you let this jerk abuse you, you will only be setting a pattern for the rest of your life.

In fact, if you had stood up for yourself in high school, people would have new respect for you and maybe you wouldn’t have earned any more friends, but you would have earned respect from a lot of people. But you also would have gained confidence, something you clearly are lacking in. Sometimes people say it takes a bigger man to walk away, but that’s bullshit.

It takes a bigger man to stand face to face with fear and self-doubt and confront it, even if the results are drastic. Let’s say this guy kicks your ass. You’ll still be better off than if you do nothing because at least you’ll be fighting back. Face your fear for your sake and I guarantee you will start to see a difference in your overall attitude.

Plus, this change will carry over into other parts of your life. And whatever you do, DO NOT go to campus security about this guy. You will seriously regret it. And do not wait until he leaves either because you will keep finding yourself wishing you had done something after it’s too late and this will gnaw at you forever.

[quote]MarvelGirl wrote:
So instead of actually handling it, you’re just going to wait until everyone’s forgotten about it and then pull some passive aggressive bullshit that you can giggle about in the safety of your room…

No wonder your friends decided you were a cunt and stopped hanging out with you. You are a cunt, a cowardly cunt with no social skills.[/quote]

rubs chin

I guess youre right.

Im not the sort to even consider doing something sneaky normally…

Infact I wasnt going to do anything at all - it was just the people on here saying SOMETHING had to be done… And logic told me that theres no point risking getting ito serious trouble over someone who is dropping out and has nothing to lose.

Perhaps its the wrong thing to do… maybe I won’t do anything sneaky.

Generally had low self esteem most my life - I was happy to even make it through high school. I definatly dont think an overly sheltered upbringing helped. Ive always been well mannered, respectful and hard working… and always been that “nice” guy.

Its weird I guess… I always have the best intentions at heart, do my best to look out for people and the such… but apparently that just not what people want. There hasnt been anything before that could have caused me to look “cowardly” other then me not liking to go out in the evenings (a combination of wanting to train/be fresh for the next days training and the aforementioned feeling uncomfortable in clubs and the such… actually Ive even got fed up of drinking and hanging with drunks isnt so cool).

In any case Ill be mostly stfu-ing until I do something a bit more manly.

[quote]artw wrote:
Dude, here’s what you do: you go up to this fucker and pound the shit out of him, bottom line. Fight dirty if you have to in order to beat his ass, but BEAT HIS ASS. The problem is mostly with you. You are LETTING this jerk walk all over you and he will continue to walk all over you until you make him suffer the consequences. But you need to do this for yourself as well. By confronting him, you’ll be confronting a personal demon as well. Your inability and unwillingness to face a fear and search for some diplomatic solution is really just a warped way of you avoiding a fear of yours. Are you weird or anti-social and is that why your friends have dwindled? Perhaps, but if so, that’s who you are. It’s okay to be weird, socially awkward, shy, whatever, but it’s not okay to be afraid to stand up for yourself. Whereas trying to change who you are can lead to serious mental repercussions (drug abuse, alcoholism, etc.) you DO need to change your inability to meet confrontations head on. If you let this jerk abuse you, you will only be setting a pattern for the rest of your life. In fact, if you had stood up for yourself in high school, people would have new respect for you and maybe you wouldn’t have earned any more friends, but you would have earned respect from a lot of people. But you also would have gained confidence, something you clearly are lacking in. Sometimes people say it takes a bigger man to walk away, but that’s bullshit. It takes a bigger man to stand face to face with fear and self-doubt and confront it, even if the results are drastic. Let’s say this guy kicks your ass. You’ll still be better off than if you do nothing because at least you’ll be fighting back. Face your fear for your sake and I guarantee you will start to see a difference in your overall attitude. Plus, this change will carry over into other parts of your life. And whatever you do, DO NOT go to campus security about this guy. You will seriously regret it. And do not wait until he leaves either because you will keep finding yourself wishing you had done something after it’s too late and this will gnaw at you forever.[/quote]

LOL. How old are you?

[quote]artw wrote:
Dude, here’s what you do: Use the ‘enter’ key on your keyboard. Make separate paragraphs for easier reading using main ideas as the first sentence for each paragraph.

Wall of text’s hurt everyone’s eyes and should be avoided at all costs. You could’ve written some life altering, deep, philosophical shit but no one will ever know because no one will get through the first three sentences of your wall o’ text.

after it’s too late and this will gnaw at you forever.[/quote]

Fuck his mother.

[quote]benmoore wrote:
aznt0rk wrote:
nope… Call MTV and take them to Bully Beat Down.

You’ll earn some cash in the process.

I live in UK =[

Annoying thing is that at 98kg and some MMA training im semi confident of my ass kicking ability… Im definatly stronger then this guy but I dont know his experience - Which I know counts for a lot more.[/quote]

Call the cops, report him to the University authorities and get a restraining order.

Just because you or anyone else in your situation does martial arts, that does not justify not using the tools that exist in society to protect your physical boundaries.

If that doesn’t work, then by all means whoop is ass. But you have no right to do so until you have exausted all civil and legal venues to solve this problem like a man worthy of having a university degree.

Sound like two fags to me…

[quote]mmllcc wrote:
Sound like two fags to me…[/quote]

Hahahahahahahahaahaha. Zing!

I think you and I should trade a bit of each others attitudes, that might help balance both of us out. I want to fuck everyone up and you’re scared to stand up for yourself. Give him one clean back hand, call him a little bitch and laugh in his face. End of story.

First, take some logical steps.

Make a diary or a log of everything that’s happened and what you’ve done. If things go tits-up this can be your written defence. Keep this if and when you decide to tell any wardens/tutors etc.

Most people here will tell you to kick his arse, but you need to be stern with this guy. Notice how he walked away and shouted cunt while you were awaiting a reply.

You just need to be firm with this guy, not back down yielding to his decisions. Show him through your presence around him and doing your own thing that you’re not scared of him. If he does try anything handy like throwing something, approach him with a loud voice. You may think something like this is ineffective, but it isn’t since this kind of behaviour radiates confidence. You’re ultimately showing that you’re gonna say something and this guy WILL listen to it.

If this person does persist with his attitude then it’s your call. You do what you have to do.

Remember that your university will have a protocol for these kind of situations where a written account by yourself will do wonders.

[quote]elnyka wrote:
benmoore wrote:
aznt0rk wrote:
nope… Call MTV and take them to Bully Beat Down.

You’ll earn some cash in the process.

I live in UK =[

Annoying thing is that at 98kg and some MMA training im semi confident of my ass kicking ability… Im definatly stronger then this guy but I dont know his experience - Which I know counts for a lot more.

Call the cops, report him to the University authorities and get a restraining order.

Just because you or anyone else in your situation does martial arts, that does not justify not using the tools that exist in society to protect your physical boundaries.

If that doesn’t work, then by all means whoop is ass. But you have no right to do so until you have exausted all civil and legal venues to solve this problem like a man worthy of having a university degree.[/quote]

What a wonderfully mature and helpful response.

Restraining order feels a bit extreme - do we even that that here in the UK?

Any who what I DID do today is speak to housekeeping and reported what happened - mainly because its not so cool health and safety wise to have empty fire estinguisers laying around.

As I said before - if anything else stirs up then I’ll get physical. But in the mean time theres no need.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
benmoore wrote:

Shame on you!!

[/quote]

Heh. I hope I’m not the only one who got that.

My 2nd set of questions for the OP:

-Why the hell do you think that a little fight in a Univ. dorm is going to be a knife fight?
-Why do u have pull out a chem. book and do passive aggressive shit?
-Why do you think a fight is going cause a “big” issue in your dorm?
-Why do u think that by fighting the guy you are going to put him in a coma for 10yrs?

Dude its a college dorm!!!

People stop fucking with you (as a guy) mostly when you start carrying yourself like you shouldn’t be fucked with and actually look the part.

No advice given is going to magically build your self esteem. That is what your whole life is suppoosed to be used for. Most guys have been through enough shit by that age to not walk right into a situation where you become the joke.

You apparently need more life experience…and bigger balls.