Getting Banned from a Gym, Need Help

[quote]Astar wrote:

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:
No one with an explanation of why colored beverages are not allowed?[/quote]

coloured drink = steroids[/quote]

…it seems i will never know the answer.

i mean damn, gatorade is RED, that illegal?

I gotta jump on this bandwagon of the pussifing (sp?) of college gyms. At my school, UMass amherst, we used to have a dirty old place that was awesome, in a basement, had about 8 racks and platforms, amazing to lift in. They decided to build a new place, thought it would be awesome. has 3 fucking platforms for like the 30,000 people who could possibly use the place.

Everytime deadlift and try to do it in socks almost get thrown out, have to keep a watch of for the gym gestapo. shit is insane. It now appears hearing from ninny mouse and knight like its a coordinated effort by college administrators, I feel your pain boys.

[quote]Astar wrote:

i mean damn, gatorade is RED, that illegal?[/quote]

they argue that its harder to clean up if it spills (as opposed to water)…retarded, but yeah…

And Dixie: isn’t your old school Arkansas? They probably didn’t have a ban on cell phone cameras cause they didnt know what a cell phone was :slight_smile:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]Astar wrote:

they argue that its harder to clean up if it spills (as opposed to water)…retarded, but yeah…

And Dixie: isn’t your old school Arkansas? They probably didn’t have a ban on cell phone cameras cause they didnt know what a cell phone was :slight_smile:
[/quote]

One of the gyms I went to just had a rule that any liquids had to have a lid that snapped or screwed on to prevent spills…fwiw I never saw anything get spilled there…

QUOTE: “Sorry man but I have to kind of call bullshit on this whole “I’m just a poor college kid” thing. You guys got money for beer and weed so pony up $20 a month for a decent gym membership to somewhere that isn’t run by fags.”

Good advice. Of course, ALL college kids buy shitloads of weed and beer. That’s why we’re all poor, not because college is fucking expensive or because there are only shitty jobs available to those without degrees and who have a full time school load. Do you know how much all this shit costs?

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]Astar wrote:

[/quote]

hey now, we got dem talkey phones that take dem still lifes now!

welcome to the world of the commercial gym. I’ve been kicked out of every gym i’ve even trained in. luckily i’ve been in the same gym now for 5 years. it’s in a seedy part of town and is basically a pit but i love it. unfortunately it’s closing to open a much nicer one in a better part of town.

i wonder how long i make it before some white collar douchebag says that my heavy lifting is interrupting his EZ culz while checking out his hawt abz and talking on the phone.

i got kicked of one gym for lifting heavy…the owner was worry that i may bent the bar for doing bb rows with 225

i got kicked out of a Gold’s gym. when i asked why they said that i was “intimidating the clientel”. what do you say to that???

ironically i always put all my equipment away. i always made other people put their equipment away. i would yell at the douches dropping the dumbells after their grueling incline dumbell drop sets with the 30lb ders. meanwhile everyone else would load every damn plate up on some dumbass Hammerzz strength piece of crap and then leave it loaded while they moved on to the next piece of crap machine.

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
i always made other people put their equipment away. i would yell at the douches dropping the dumbells after their grueling incline dumbell drop sets with the 30lb ders. [/quote]

no shit. If you were part of the staff you’d probably get a raise for being an awesome employee but being one of the clientele yourself, your being an intimidator… just doesn’t pay to do the right thing sometimes.

[quote]strengthstudent wrote:

Good advice. Of course, ALL college kids buy shitloads of weed and beer. That’s why we’re all poor, not because college is fucking expensive or because there are only shitty jobs available to those without degrees and who have a full time school load. Do you know how much all this shit costs?[/quote]

Yeah I know what it costs and it sucks. I feel your pain as I have been there before. I made a generalization ok. I know what I wrote doesn’t apply to all people but it does hold a lot of truths. My point is we ALL have “X” income. The outflow is completely up to us. I have a pretty kick ass job that pays very well yet we / I spend it on shit sometimes. That shit money can be used for more important shit. Most folks need to assess the priority of the shit in their lives. Most people choose beer and weed or CHASING PUSSY - a major expenditure…eating out all the time, whatever.
For example, I’m typing this stuff on the internet. I’m paying $60/mo to do this. Do I need to spend my morning typing lame advice into a forum? Fuck no but I choose to. If I were to cut out my internet and my Direct TV, that I rarely watch I could save $120/mo. We all can admit we are paying for shit WE DON’T NEED.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

1. Go to gym

2. Don’t use chalk

3. ???

4. PROFIT![/quote]

And if that doesn’t work…
… Go into the locker Room and steal all their underwear

At my uni, the rugby team and the rowing team have their own gym. If there’s any team that has its own gym, talk to their coach and ask if they mind you using their facilities.

I am lucky, my school gym is the shit.

The only thing I have ever gotten bitched at for was “doing lying hamstring curls too fast,” other than that I make noise when deadlifting all the time and use chalk. I just clean it up and nobody says anything.

I am not saying that you are, but not being a douche goes a long way in not getting kicked out of a gym.

[quote]VikingsAD28 wrote:

The only thing I have ever gotten bitched at for was “doing lying hamstring curls too fast,” other than that I make noise when deadlifting all the time and use chalk. I just clean it up and nobody says anything.

I am not saying that you are, but not being a douche goes a long way in not getting kicked out of a gym.[/quote]

i find that the douches are the ones that get to stay and the actual serious lifters that take care of the equipment are usually the ones that get kicked out.

in the cases i’ve seen, gyms don’t like the bodybuilder or powerlfiter “look”. i actually stopped into a planet fitness just for shits and giggles and the 150lb douche behind the desk actually told me that i wasn’t welcome in the gym because they don’t like “those heavy lifters” in their gym. they were a “judgement free zone” he tells me. i ask what the fuck does that mean?? he says it means they don’t tolerate the hardcore attitude. so i say- “your gym is full of a bunch of pussies then??” he asked me to leave at that point.

this is what going to the gym has come to. they are actually making a conserted effort to keep people from getting stronger. that’s like having a library without any books because we don’t want our customers to learn to read. effffing crazy. all of those people at planet fitness would be better off saving their money and just sit at home watching dancing with the stars reruns.

[quote]rageradios wrote:
I gotta jump on this bandwagon of the pussifing (sp?) of college gyms. At my school, UMass amherst, we used to have a dirty old place that was awesome, in a basement, had about 8 racks and platforms, amazing to lift in. They decided to build a new place, thought it would be awesome. has 3 fucking platforms for like the 30,000 people who could possibly use the place.

Everytime deadlift and try to do it in socks almost get thrown out, have to keep a watch of for the gym gestapo. shit is insane. It now appears hearing from ninny mouse and knight like its a coordinated effort by college administrators, I feel your pain boys. [/quote]

I’m a freshman at UMass. Are you in SouthWest? I’ve got a training partner and I wouldn’t mind making it a trio.

i find that the douches are the ones that get to stay and the actual serious lifters that take care of the equipment are usually the ones that get kicked out.

in the cases i’ve seen, gyms don’t like the bodybuilder or powerlfiter “look”. i actually stopped into a planet fitness just for shits and giggles and the 150lb douche behind the desk actually told me that i wasn’t welcome in the gym because they don’t like “those heavy lifters” in their gym. they were a “judgement free zone” he tells me. i ask what the fuck does that mean?? he says it means they don’t tolerate the hardcore attitude. so i say- “your gym is full of a bunch of pussies then??” he asked me to leave at that point.

this is what going to the gym has come to. they are actually making a conserted effort to keep people from getting stronger. that’s like having a library without any books because we don’t want our customers to learn to read. effffing crazy. all of those people at planet fitness would be better off saving their money and just sit at home watching dancing with the stars reruns.
[/quote]
MM,
Where in the hell did this happen? What do you (and Steve?) plan to do now with the Gold’s closing? Most of the options in Manassas area are not very promising.

BTW, how the hell have you been?

[quote]novaeer wrote:

[/quote]
MM,
Where in the hell did this happen? What do you (and Steve?) plan to do now with the Gold’s closing? Most of the options in Manassas area are not very promising.

BTW, how the hell have you been?[/quote]

There’s a planet fatness off of balls ford road in manasshole.

the owner of our gym is opening a new one off of Liberia near PWP. It’s in a new area. I’m a bit worried that it’s going to be yuppyville and we won’t end up being able to stay because of all the heavy lifting and stuff. i really hope i’m wrong though. there’s actually three of us- me, Dave and jowee. we are all getting ready for a SPF meet october 23rd in Roanoke.

how have you been?? haven’t seen hid nor hair of you in awhile. still competing? haven’t heard from Brent either.

[quote]VikingsAD28 wrote:

I am not saying that you are, but not being a douche goes a long way in not getting kicked out of a gym.[/quote]

[/quote]

So the “judgement free zone” judged you and kicked you out…wow, not so judge free huh?

isn’t planet fitness where they have the noise level alarms?

Times like these I wished I win the powerball and build a real gym that kicks out wimps that don’t want to better themselves it would be a board of the peers. If the group thinks your a douche…your gone…ahh day dreaming…

If your Planet Fitness is anything like the one here they have a “Lunk Alarm” mounted on the wall, in an effort to determine if it worked I watched a guy throw his fairly light dumbbells (they only go up to 75Lbs) on the ground to set it off. The manager came over and told him it wasn’t really hooked to anything and didn’t make any noise, as he was walking away the front desk guy turned on the alarm, it was like being at a fire, lights whistles the whole nine yards very exciting (if you’re an arsonist or a fireman), the manager nearly shit himself and half fell over the dusty squat rack before he caught himself, it was awesome and epic.