T Nation

Getting Back on Track

Hi folks, first post and all.

So after a long period of decent workouts and a good diet, i got lazy. Take out pizza and mars bars all over the place, and half arsed workouts at the gym. i’ve decided to get back on track.

My goal is to increase my strength while keeping bodyfat low, i don’t want to bulk up too much as i want to stay as agile as possible.

My workout (tuesdays, thursdays, saturdays) consists of the following:

5 minutes interval interval to warm up
3 x 10 reps Romanian dead lifts
3 x 10 Squats
3 x 10 Benchpress
3 x 10 Clean and press
3 x overhand grip pull ups (as many as i can manage with good form)
3 sets of an abdomnial excercise, usually plank or swiss ball crunches.

I’m trying to perform all these excercises with perfect form, very slow negatives and explosive positives.

As well as this i’m normally walking 3 miles to and from work each day, and Parkour friday evenings, which is a killer!

Diet wise, i’m eating your standard issue healthy foods. Big breakfasts, shrinking the meals down as the days go on.

I’m also attempting to go for 6am runs 3 days a week, but so far my half asleep self was having none of it and refused to leave bed.

Can anyone offer any advice on where i could improve on this, or where i may be going wrong?

cheers,

Jamba

[quote]jambamagamba wrote:
Can anyone offer any advice on where i could improve on this, or where i may be going wrong?
[/quote]

The following statement is definitely out of whack.

“…i don’t want to bulk up too much as i want to stay as agile as possible.”

Adding muscle will likely increase your agility, not hinder it. Besides, it’s not like you’re going to all of a sudden wake up the body of a competitive bodybuilder. Building a significant amount of muscle and strength takes time and dedication.