Getting Back Into the Game After Knee Surgery

Hey guys, I have recently finished with rehabbing my knee after having surgery. I’ve got a few problems though:

1. I’ve gained 20+ pounds of flab, lost quite a bit of muscle
  2. The surgeon has prohibited doing squats, lunges, deadlifts, power/hang cleans, and i can not do sprints.
  3. Due to not being able to properly train legs anymore I am kind of stumped and have been having trouble setting up a training regimen

Unlike other knee issues, I have a rare problem known as OCD of the knee (http://www.physioroom.com/injuries/knee/ocd_full.php).

Can somebody please help outline a training regimen for me? Right now my goal is to lose some of this fat as soon as possible, but try to gain some strength (i know, i know, i need to choose on or the other). I have been biking quite a bit outside (at least an hour a day, at a very fast paced, uphill a lot too) and have worked on fixing my diet. I have been eating tons of veggies and much more protein, plus i am taking atleast 9-12 grams of fish oil a day. Tomorrow I will begin to log my meals. I know that the number one way to lose weight is fixing my diet, but right now I need to up my strength.

Here is my current plan. PLEASE criticize as much as possible. I need to learn!!

Day 1: Back (includes heavy bent over rows, dumb bell rows, lat pull downs, single arm shrugs, face-pulls). At the end of my workout I bike for at least 30 minutes at a fast pace/high resistance. This is where I am having trouble because i use to deadlift/power clean in my back exercises. Not being able to do that has made it difficult for me to have a good back workout.
Day 2: Legs. I can only use machines and have to use light weight/high rep. I use the leg press machine (seated and lying down) leg extensions, leg curls, and i use the hip adductor/abductor machine as well. (again, not being able to squat and lunge has made it difficult for me)
Day 3: Shoulders/bis (dumbbell military press, push press, heavy curls, isolated curls, chin ups, shoulder raises). End workout with biking/or rowing
Day 4: Cardio. I bike/row
Day 5: Chest/tris: decline dumbbell bench, incline db bench, flies, assisted dips, diamond push ups, press downs, skull crushers
Day 6: rest/light cardio

Repeat. Currently I alternate with rep ranges. I am using for my main lifts (presses,rows) anywhere from 5-8 reps for at least 4 sets and for the isolated presses I use 8-12 reps for 3-4 sets. I try to bike for at least an hour a day 4-5 times a week.

Please criticize as much as possible because I know that i need help with this. Thanks!!!

What did your doctor say you could do?

Extensiion
Step up and leg presses?

Backward drags?

I can do for legs things that don’t put tons of pressure on the knee directly. So light extensions and the like but definitely not backward drags or squats or lunges.

I’m really surprised he told you extensions are ok. I’m 6 months post-op and squatting what I was before, and those are still a no-go. Just be smart.