T Nation

Getting Back Into It....

hey, i'm getting back into working out after a long layoff.... had shoulder and neck surgery, gained about 50lbs of fat, haven't worked out for 1 1/2 years, have crazy low testosterone leves, etc...

anyway, i'd like to get stronger, lose fat, etc... however, i realize there's only so much i can do at once. i'm thinking about hitting the gym 4 days a week, doing 2 full body workouts and 2 HIIT days.

any good articles/programs here anyone can suggest?

All of them.

But since you want full body, I would suggest Chad Waterbury.

Welcome back.

Get your diet in order, be consistent with the WO and re evaluate in 6 months.

[quote]JFG wrote:
All of them.

But since you want full body, I would suggest Chad Waterbury.

Welcome back.

Get your diet in order, be consistent with the WO and re evaluate in 6 months.[/quote]

Thanks!

I’ll do some readin’…

50lbs overweight? 250mcg of T3!

Seriously man, I would get your TRT issues sorted out asap. I think you should leave out the HIIT for the time being and try the Reactive Pump Program or other programs by John Meadows on this site first. They are metabolically demanding enough and shoulder friendly.

[quote]dt79 wrote:
50lbs overweight? 250mcg of T3![/quote]

Haha! Oh Thiago.

[quote]dt79 wrote:
50lbs overweight? 250mcg of T3!

Seriously man, I would get your TRT issues sorted out asap. I think you should leave out the HIIT for the time being and try the Reactive Pump Program or other programs by John Meadows on this site first. They are metabolically demanding enough and shoulder friendly.[/quote]

LOL! yeah, what was i thinking with “diet” and “exercise”… fucking Thiago.

i’ll look into that John Meadows stuff, too. thanks for head’s up!

EDIT: side note… that TRT things is a friggen headache… i’m bascially just trying to try every avenue to do things aboveboard, but it’s looking like i’ll be dealing with that on my own, soon enough. not a big deal, since it’s so easy to get bloodwork and stuff like that now…