Getting Away with Frozen Veggies?

I am sure frozen is just fine. Its the most convenient and cost effective IMO. I just cooked a steak in a pan with some olive oil, and tossed in some frozen spinach towards the end. Mmm good.

Besides their nutritional value, what I totally love about frozen veggies is the variety they offer. It would be somewhat hard to have a whole lot of variety with fresh veggies without having to either spoil some of it, or eat so much that you’d have to go sh*t as often as you go pee.

Keeping a couple of bags of frozen veggies allows for that variety.

Regarding V8… I dunno guys. I do only drink the low sodium version, and I guess it may be better to drink that than a lot of other beverages, but still… how do they make up the stuff?

It’s cool that they have those 8 veggies juices in it, but if it’s been cooked beyond recognition, are we just sipping veggie-flavored “punch” with little nutritional value? Anybody knows how it’s actually made? I’m honestly curious.

As a side note: frozen fruits just rock when mixed with regular fruit juice in a blender.

V8 is not as good as you would think. The nutrients in fruits break down pretty fast, so obviously by drinking V8 your losing the benefit that you would if you were eating fruit.

Better off blending your own fruit juice, but even then you have to drink it basically as soon as you make it.

fresh tastes better if you cook it on the time of eating and on the day of. Else frozen is convenient and nutritionally identical. I like fresh because it tastes better. Freezing causes the moisture in the vegetable to form micro ice cystals that puncture the structure of the vegetable and when it thaws, the innate water from the vegetable is released affecting the “hardness” of the vegetable (turgor pressure) causing them to wilt more than fresh. Is this noticable? ONly if you are picky.