Getting Around Oatmeal/Cottage cheese?

[quote]infin|ty wrote:
Is there any way to bulk without these two food sources? I’m a pansy, yes, but the only way I can eat oatmeal is with sugar (spiking insulin, not sure if that’s terrible, especially am) and cottage cheese is something I could be tortured with. Ideas on substitutes?[/quote]

Although most of the people here have told you their favorite recipes for oatmeal and cottage cheese meals, the fact is that you don’t have to consume them to bulk.

If you don’t like them, don’t eat them. As you’ve also seen, there are many other things to eat and choose from. Don’t limit yourself to a few food sources. Eat as many as possible for variety and the nutrients.

I can’t eat too many protein shakes during the day. For me, I need whole food, so I try to make sure that only 2-3 of my meals are from protein shakes (also combined with food) and the rest are whole-food meals.

This is what I had today:

Meal 1: Grow! MRP, 8oz yogurt

Meal 2: Three eggs, two pieces of toast

Meal 3: Chicken breast, sweet potato, broccoli

Meal 4: Surge (post-workout - ABBH program)

Meal 5: 16oz cottage cheese with one scoop Low Carb Grow! and pineapples

Meal 6: Whole-wheat pasta with ground beef, made with fresh tomatoes, mushrooms and other herbs/spices, along with tomato sauce.

Meal 7: We’ll see what I eat before I hit the bed…

Variety is the spice of life. My portions were also quite large with several of those meals since I’m working on packing on some size.

–1 packet splenda, dash of vanilla extract, sprinkle with cinnamon, wala! oats made edible in under 30 seconds.

–Cottage cheese? common man, just blend it in a shake! peanut butter, pro pow, flax, bla, bla, bla, you know the drill.

Just a small note that helped me get through the cottage cheese phase. Small curd, 1% cottage cheese seems to taste much better than fat-free. It mixes easier, and has a texture that is slightly creamier, and even somewhat sweet. The fat content is minimal, also.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
infin|ty wrote:
Is there any way to bulk without these two food sources? I’m a pansy, yes, but the only way I can eat oatmeal is with sugar (spiking insulin, not sure if that’s terrible, especially am) and cottage cheese is something I could be tortured with. Ideas on substitutes?

Although most of the people here have told you their favorite recipes for oatmeal and cottage cheese meals, the fact is that you don’t have to consume them to bulk.

If you don’t like them, don’t eat them. As you’ve also seen, there are many other things to eat and choose from. Don’t limit yourself to a few food sources. Eat as many as possible for variety and the nutrients.

I can’t eat too many protein shakes during the day. For me, I need whole food, so I try to make sure that only 2-3 of my meals are from protein shakes (also combined with food) and the rest are whole-food meals.

This is what I had today:

Meal 1: Grow! MRP, 8oz yogurt

Meal 2: Three eggs, two pieces of toast

Meal 3: Chicken breast, sweet potato, broccoli

Meal 4: Surge (post-workout - ABBH program)

Meal 5: 16oz cottage cheese with one scoop Low Carb Grow! and pineapples

Meal 6: Whole-wheat pasta with ground beef, made with fresh tomatoes, mushrooms and other herbs/spices, along with tomato sauce.

Meal 7: We’ll see what I eat before I hit the bed…

Variety is the spice of life. My portions were also quite large with several of those meals since I’m working on packing on some size.[/quote]

for curiosity… just wondering what weight you currently are Nate. (hope this is not construed as a hijack of the thread)…