Getting Arms and Chest Fast

Intesive massage should help:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1550917

That and a little muscle worship.

I’m being serious. If you are like most young males, your posture could use some work (more than you think). Just standing straight, with you chest up and your shoulders down and back, will make you look bigger and more confident.

You don’t want to bring your elbows out to get the invisible lat spread look, just keep your arms by your sides. It takes a little practice, but is seriously the easiest thing you can do to make yourself look bigger.

For starters get some self confidence. Then try to realize you aren’t going to build big arms and chest by summer. Maybe if you had started last summer you’d have something to look at for this summer, but right now even if you did a specialization program and trained hardcore, which after a month of lifting your body probably isn’t ready to do.

You might add 1/8"-1/4" to your arms by the end of june which don’t get me wrong is respectable progress but isn’t going to turn you into the jacked beach hunk you think it will. And chances are if you think your body is what keeps the ladies away, it’s not. It’s your personatlity.

Bench press builds chest better than anything else as well as the tris. Dips also are very good. For biceps do rows, pullups, and finish with curls. It won’t be fast, but its the fastest. If there was a better way, everyone would be doing it.

[quote]smallmike wrote:
I’m being serious. If you are like most young males, your posture could use some work (more than you think). Just standing straight, with you chest up and your shoulders down and back, will make you look bigger and more confident.

You don’t want to bring your elbows out to get the invisible lat spread look, just keep your arms by your sides. It takes a little practice, but is seriously the easiest thing you can do to make yourself look bigger.
[/quote]

That is like cooking food without any seasoning, I could take off my shirt and show my ribs off. lol
That being said, I will stick to working out, you can work on your posture for me and stop working out.

[quote]Skrussian wrote:
For starters get some self confidence. Then try to realize you aren’t going to build big arms and chest by summer. Maybe if you had started last summer you’d have something to look at for this summer, but right now even if you did a specialization program and trained hardcore, which after a month of lifting your body probably isn’t ready to do.

You might add 1/8"-1/4" to your arms by the end of june which don’t get me wrong is respectable progress but isn’t going to turn you into the jacked beach hunk you think it will. And chances are if you think your body is what keeps the ladies away, it’s not. It’s your personatlity.[/quote]

You may be right about my body not responding immediately, but it certainly doesn’t hurt to try does it? I don’t think my personality keeps them away, but let’s face facts: first, attraction is key (would you date a 500 lbs woman with a good personality) and second, women prefer fit men over scrawny guys who look like they can break at the slightest touch

[quote]DSmolken wrote:
newbody72 wrote:
why the legs and back? If I go to the beach, that is not what the ladies will look at first, it might sound a bit juvenile, but it is the truth.

Guys who only bench and curl rarely make significant progress. Guys who work all their muscles get bigger and better-looking everywhere and end up with much bigger arms.

And do you really think that girls don’t look at guys’ thighs and asses at the beach?[/quote]

I must admit you got a point, but those are not my problem areas. I was thinking of working out my arms (biceps and triceps) next workout would be chest, back, shoulders and legs. Your thoughts

[quote]newbody72 wrote:
Skrussian wrote:

You might add 1/8"-1/4" to your arms by the end of june which don’t get me wrong is respectable progress but isn’t going to turn you into the jacked beach hunk you think it will. And chances are if you think your body is what keeps the ladies away, it’s not. It’s your personatlity.

You may be right about my body not responding immediately, but it certainly doesn’t hurt to try does it? I don’t think my personality keeps them away, but let’s face facts: first, attraction is key (would you date a 500 lbs woman with a good personality) and second, women prefer fit men over scrawny guys who look like they can break at the slightest touch[/quote]

I am just horribly disappointed you even posted this… Working out is a lifestyle, not a pathetic attempt to get a “chick”… NEWSFLASH… If you’re having trouble getting girls lifting weights wont help… I know plenty of people who baffle me with their ability to engage in relations with women and they are borderline retarded…

Lifting weights may change your personality (through confidence, dedication, pride) but just because your arms are an inch bigger isn’t going to lead to Sally going to Senior Prom with you… I’m normally nice on these blogs but grow up…fast…

[quote]Stiles55 wrote:
newbody72 wrote:
Skrussian wrote:

You may be right about my body not responding immediately, but it certainly doesn’t hurt to try does it? I don’t think my personality keeps them away, but let’s face facts: first, attraction is key (would you date a 500 lbs woman with a good personality) and second, women prefer fit men over scrawny guys who look like they can break at the slightest touch

I am just horribly disappointed you even posted this… Working out is a lifestyle, not a pathetic attempt to get a “chick”… NEWSFLASH… If you’re having trouble getting girls lifting weights wont help… I know plenty of people who baffle me with their ability to engage in relations with women and they are borderline retarded…

Lifting weights may change your personality (through confidence, dedication, pride) but just because your arms are an inch bigger isn’t going to lead to Sally going to Senior Prom with you… I’m normally nice on these blogs but grow up…fast… [/quote]

hello, I didn’t originally post this to get a chick, I posted to see what would be the most efficient way to get bigger arms and chest. Somewhere along the line we went off on a tangent and got to this point.

I do want to transform my body, but not the reason you may think; I want to improve my life and be healthier. I am looking for someone to go to the prom with, I am too old (35 next month) and tired of being the skinny guy at the beach.

If you meant that, then I pity you.

[quote]
I do want to transform my body, but not the reason you may think; I want to improve my life and be healthier. I am looking for someone to go to the prom with, I am too old (35 next month) and tired of being the skinny guy at the beach.[/quote]

Great, if it isn’t for a chick then set a goal for a year and live in the gym. Don’t weigh your self and don’t compare your body parts in the mirror until you’re atleast 8 months into that year… And don’t forget to get AT LEAST 2 cardio days a week… If you’re just starting, you’ll look considerably different if you really dedicate yourself… Good Luck!!!

Don’t do specialization on your arms and your chest. You have been working out for a month… Find a good program on this site, there are a ton. Pick a split or go full body, whatever you want. Make sure you work ALL of your body parts and not just your chest and biceps, that will get you nowhere fast. Working your legs and back are very important. Oh yea, eat too.

[quote]Stiles55 wrote:

I do want to transform my body, but not the reason you may think; I want to improve my life and be healthier. I am looking for someone to go to the prom with, I am too old (35 next month) and tired of being the skinny guy at the beach.

Great, if it isn’t for a chick then set a goal for a year and live in the gym. Don’t weigh your self and don’t compare your body parts in the mirror until you’re atleast 8 months into that year… And don’t forget to get AT LEAST 2 cardio days a week… If you’re just starting, you’ll look considerably different if you really dedicate yourself… Good Luck!!![/quote]

Hate to ask questions which may seem dumb, but I get a lot of different answers. You say a year with 2-3 cardios a week, I have a body fat of about 15% so why the cardio? For endurance and lowering the fat content in my body? I have spoken to people who say in 2 months you can get toned up. You say a year, your thoughts

[quote]Tmmmey wrote:

The above workout will get you swole fo’ the ladies, bro.

While I thank you for your input and a routine that I can do, two things I would like to know, why the pink dumbells and some of these exercises I have never heard of, can you give me a link where I can go to find a description of workout exercises

[/quote]

I think you should pity yourself for not being able to give me a more constructive answer. You might as well have said “do’h”

[quote]newbody72 wrote:
Hate to ask questions which may seem dumb, but I get a lot of different answers. You say a year with 2-3 cardios a week, I have a body fat of about 15% so why the cardio? For endurance and lowering the fat content in my body? I have spoken to people who say in 2 months you can get toned up. You say a year, your thoughts[/quote]

Cardio will help you keep a little bit of fat off while you are going to be eating a lot to get bigger muscles. Being “toned” is different from what you want though.

As for exercises, pullups, benching, deadlifting, and squatting are enough to get you started on your path to beach bodiness.

[quote]newbody72 wrote:
I do want to transform my body, but not the reason you may think; I want to improve my life and be healthier. I am looking for someone to go to the prom with, I am too old (35 next month) and tired of being the skinny guy at the beach.[/quote]

Now that sounds like a much better goal. You won’t have a great body by summer but you can make improvements. I was not that far from where you are when I started working out, though four years younger, about 15 pounds skinnier, and too damn busy to go to any beaches anytime soon.

In five months I’ve gained over 30 pounds by eating a lot, getting plenty of sleep and working out my entire body. I have a long way to go but I’m making progress and getting a lot more attention from girls already even though I’ve gained some fat in the process.

Also about your posture: even if it is currently great if you do nothing but bench press and arm work it will get worse - your shoulders will round and come forward. Do heavy deadlifts, squats and rows to build some back muscles to keep the muscles in balance and keep good posture.

[quote]uberswank wrote:
newbody72 wrote:
Hate to ask questions which may seem dumb, but I get a lot of different answers. You say a year with 2-3 cardios a week, I have a body fat of about 15% so why the cardio? For endurance and lowering the fat content in my body? I have spoken to people who say in 2 months you can get toned up. You say a year, your thoughts

Cardio will help you keep a little bit of fat off while you are going to be eating a lot to get bigger muscles. Being “toned” is different from what you want though.

As for exercises, pullups, benching, deadlifting, and squatting are enough to get you started on your path to beach bodiness.

[/quote]

From everything that I have read, deadlift, and squatting do seem to be the most common among weight lifters. Thank you for your input

[quote]newbody72 wrote:
Stiles55 wrote:

Great, if it isn’t for a chick then set a goal for a year and live in the gym. Don’t weigh your self and don’t compare your body parts in the mirror until you’re atleast 8 months into that year… And don’t forget to get AT LEAST 2 cardio days a week… If you’re just starting, you’ll look considerably different if you really dedicate yourself… Good Luck!!!

Hate to ask questions which may seem dumb, but I get a lot of different answers. You say a year with 2-3 cardios a week, I have a body fat of about 15% so why the cardio? For endurance and lowering the fat content in my body? I have spoken to people who say in 2 months you can get toned up. You say a year, your thoughts[/quote]

If you are just starting, you will see dramatic changes quickly. But to someone who has been lifting, you’ll look like you are a recreational gym frequenter. If you can maintain a solid rotation of workouts for a year and NOT GIVE UP you will look slightly above average on the beach and people will know that you workout. And yes, you need the cardio, 15% is chubby… Didn’t you say you wanted to look good on the beach?

[quote]newbody72 wrote:
Tmmmey wrote:

The above workout will get you swole fo’ the ladies, bro.

While I thank you for your input and a routine that I can do, two things I would like to know, why the pink dumbells and some of these exercises I have never heard of, can you give me a link where I can go to find a description of workout exercises

I think you should pity yourself for not being able to give me a more constructive answer. You might as well have said “do’h”[/quote]

Constructive answer? What’s the point of giving you a constructive answer when you can’t separate the constructive answers from the obvious jokes. This site is packed with information, go use the search function and search for “arms and chest”, if that is what you wish to improve so badly on. Go read it all, go read the general articles on bodybuilding and weightlifting before asking such questions.

I’m sorry if I seemed “unconstructive”, but what do you expect when you ask if you can get decent looking arms and chest in a short amount of time? Had you merely browsed through the articles you’d find that there are absolutely no shortcuts. Try hard work, dedication, proper nutrition and form, a healthy lifestyle, smart lifting, then after a year or more you’d start developing a decent looking chest and arms.

If I’m going to give you a piece of advice it’d be to go and read about weightlifting.

I expect more help me get ready for the beach posts as we get closer to June… o.O

Girls look at more then arms and chest, back, butt, shoulders, abs, even legs for some! So despite your feeling that there is no time to spare( there isn’t, it’s already bikini season on the west coast ) uhmm do your best and good luck!

I have no comment concerning exercise as there have been quite enough posts.