T Nation

Getting Arms and Chest Fast

Is there any way to have a decent looking chest and arms in a short amount of time. I would like to read whatever critique or advice you may have.

Focus on your legs and back.

Get something heavy and lift it over and over again.

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
Focus on your legs and back.[/quote]

why the legs and back? If I go to the beach, that is not what the ladies will look at first, it might sound a bit juvenile, but it is the truth.

No.

[quote]newbody72 wrote:
Is there any way to have a decent looking chest and arms in a short amount of time. I would like to read whatever critique or advice you may have.[/quote]

I heard about this website called T-Nation.com, and supposedly it has a lot of good information about bodybuilding, strength training, fitness, health, etc. You might want to check it out.

No easy way, even with steroids it would probably take years to build a decent chest and arms. I don’t know what decent means to you, because decent to me is someone like Christian Thibaudeau which I have no idea how long he’s been training exactly but its been a long time!

I’d guess atleast a full year of no holds barred training and eating to put on some size. A beginner puts what about 30lbs on his/her first year?

Perform 50 sets of 100 reps of each the following exercises with a pair of pink dumbells:
Triceps:

Bent-over Triceps Extension
Incline Triceps Extension
Kneeling Triceps Extension
Lying Triceps Extension
Overhead Triceps Extension
Sitting Triceps Extension
One-legged Triceps Extension

Biceps:

Preacher Curl (Non-denominational)
Prone Incline Curl
Concentration Curl
Sailor Curl
Seated Sailor Curl
Seated Sailor Curl (Indian Style)

Chest:

One Arm Twisting Push Chest Press
Decline Fly
Lying Fly
Seated Fly
Standing Fly
Floating Fly (underwater works best)

The above workout will get you swole fo’ the ladies, bro.

[quote]newbody72 wrote:
HoratioSandoval wrote:
Focus on your legs and back.

why the legs and back? If I go to the beach, that is not what the ladies will look at first, it might sound a bit juvenile, but it is the truth.[/quote]

Focusing on legs and back (which is exactly the advice I was going to give) will work most of the body’s musculature. This in return will pay dividends in gains all over your body, not just your chest and arms. I’m not trying to be negative but it won’t happen as fast as you want.

This also isn’t to say neglect your “beach muscles” but don’t focus on them at the expense of other parts. Yes, women do laugh at lightbulb physiques.

Work chest and arms three times per week on a specialization program. One day heavy, one day with higher reps and one day with low volume.

Put everything else on maintenance and work them on one day, or split into two days (so you’ll be working out five days total).

Check out some of CT’s specialization articles/programs.

[quote]bransao wrote:

Biceps:

[/quote]

Well this thread is going to be interesting but I thought I’d add that this part made me laugh out loud, thanks.

Here are some specialization tips by CT:

Know the Rules

Let’s review the rules of specialization training:

1. Train no more than 4-5 total times per week.

2. Reduce the amount of work for the non-target groups to maintenance levels.

3. Split the volume for the target muscle group into 2-3 weekly sessions.

4. Don’t specialize on the same muscle group for more than 4-6 weeks.

5. Perform different types of workouts during your weekly target sessions.

6. To maximize your results, increase your Surge intake on the target days (add one serving).

7. Most growth will occur after the completion of the specialization phase, not during it.

[quote]newbody72 wrote:
…that is not what the ladies will look at first…[/quote]

BS. I’m not a lady, but a massive back draws a WHOLE lot more attention than a broad chest.
When you see someone with a huge back, you KNOW he lifts.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
newbody72 wrote:
…that is not what the ladies will look at first…

BS. I’m not a lady, but a massive back draws a WHOLE lot more attention than a broad chest.
When you see someone with a huge back, you KNOW he lifts.[/quote]

guess I will fool everyone and walk backwards lol

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
newbody72 wrote:
…that is not what the ladies will look at first…

When you see someone with a huge back, you KNOW he lifts.[/quote]

I agree that a massive back lets you know that someone lifts, but this guy isn’t looking for the approval of other men. He wants to impress the ladies (and possibly himself).

There’s nothing wrong with some specialization work on chest and arms as long as he eventually does the same for other body parts.

You could try the super hero workout that CT wrote in this article. It’ll take 12 weeks, but it should give you bigger arms and chest.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=917176

[quote]bransao wrote:
Perform 50 sets of 100 reps of each the following exercises with a pair of pink dumbells:
Triceps:

Bent-over Triceps Extension
Incline Triceps Extension
Kneeling Triceps Extension
Lying Triceps Extension
Overhead Triceps Extension
Sitting Triceps Extension
One-legged Triceps Extension

Biceps:

Prone Incline Curl
Concentration Curl
Sailor Curl
Seated Sailor Curl
Seated Sailor Curl (Indian Style)

Chest:

One Arm Twisting Push Chest Press
Decline Fly
Lying Fly
Seated Fly
Standing Fly
Floating Fly (underwater works best)

The above workout will get you swole fo’ the ladies, bro.[/quote]

While I thank you for your input and a routine that I can do, two things I would like to know, why the pink dumbells and some of these exercises I have never heard of, can you give me a link where I can go to find a description of workout exercises

You are 5’10" and 153 and you’ve been training for 1 month. If you want to look bigger, the easiest thing you can do is work on your posture.

[quote]newbody72 wrote:
why the legs and back? If I go to the beach, that is not what the ladies will look at first, it might sound a bit juvenile, but it is the truth.[/quote]

Guys who only bench and curl rarely make significant progress. Guys who work all their muscles get bigger and better-looking everywhere and end up with much bigger arms.

And do you really think that girls don’t look at guys’ thighs and asses at the beach?

[quote]smallmike wrote:
You are 5’10" and 153 and you’ve been training for 1 month. If you want to look bigger, the easiest thing you can do is work on your posture.[/quote]

Thanks, but my posture is fine, now if you would be kind enough to reply to the subject it would be most helpful. I have a crazy-fast metabolism and if I were a girl I would be considered flat chested; that being said, please give some other advice that would help me take off my shirt on a hot summer’s day and not be ashamed of my body.