Getting A Wii?

Ok, this is a longshot, but maybe someone can give me a heads up or advice.

I need a Wii as a Christmas present. I’m not willing to spend $500+ on ebay for a $250 gaming system… maybe $50 extra would be fine, but I digress. Does anyone know anywhere that these will actually be in stock, or if there is any prayer of getting one before Christmas?

Camp out at bestbuy. My friend is doing it. Best Buy in Springfield is getting a limited selection of them. If you are truly interested, let me know and I will get more details from him and pass it on to you.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Ok, this is a longshot, but maybe someone can give me a heads up or advice.

I need a Wii as a Christmas present. I’m not willing to spend $500+ on ebay for a $250 gaming system… maybe $50 extra would be fine, but I digress. Does anyone know anywhere that these will actually be in stock, or if there is any prayer of getting one before Christmas?[/quote]

This sunday is your last shot. Bestbuy, circuit City, Target, Gamestop, Toys R US, etc. all will have them in stock. The problem is that you get to go stand outside the store for 5 hours.

I’d call around to all those places and see how many they have, and how they are handling their lines for Sunday (basically when are they handing out the tickets). I got one 2 weeks ago standing outside walmart for 4 hours in 40 degree weather, worth every second of it.

Need anything else just ask.

Oh yeah.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?start=2880&catid=24&threadid=673455

Loooong thread about the Wii, might wanna read the last 10 or so pages which should have info about this weekend. I stopped following closely ever since I got mine.

That would be appreciated. I didn’t see the wii listed in their circular, which they said they would do. Sigh.

A friend of mine works at Circuit City and just mentioned they were getting some in this weekend. Worth a shot too I suppose…

Kubo

What are you, 7?

Try Sunday.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25226184&sid=6163184

[quote]PGA wrote:
What are you, 7?[/quote]

You obviously haven’t played on one have you? You should take a break from making Brokeback parodies and give 1 a shot!!

I just used a time machine to go ahead to Sunday, and I picked one up for you. That’ll be $1,000,000.19. The .19 is for the fuel for my time machine, sorry to gouge, but I have to make some cash somewhere.

[quote]PGA wrote:
What are you, 7?[/quote]

I don’t want one for myself. If I did, I wouldn’t care about waiting until after Christmas.

[quote]Ren wrote:
PGA wrote:
What are you, 7?

You obviously haven’t played on one have you? You should take a break from making Brokeback parodies and give 1 a shot!![/quote]

Yes I have. Mildly entertaining for a 10 year old. Other than Zelda, its a gimmick.

Dude, come on. If you have a wii, those japanese guys will come to your house and play with you. I’ve seen’t it.

[quote]PGA wrote:
its a gimmick.[/quote]

Thats ironic, coming from you.

I heard on the radio this morning that they were doing a recall of the wii. Something to do with all those people swinging it like a tennis racket only to have the cord rip it out of their hand.

I guess I’m saying you should double-check the shipment is still being delivered.

It’s not a recall. They’re just offering new wrist straps to people who have bought Wiis.

The only recall being done by Nintendo right now is for their DS power cords in Japan.

[quote]grew7 wrote:
It’s not a recall. They’re just offering new wrist straps to people who have bought Wiis.

The only recall being done by Nintendo right now is for their DS power cords in Japan.[/quote]

Well, there you have it. Thanks for setting my facts straight, grew7.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
I don’t want one for myself. If I did, I wouldn’t care about waiting until after Christmas.[/quote]

Just admit you want one to lure in girls and show them your other Wii.

[quote]Ren wrote:
PGA wrote:
What are you, 7?

You obviously haven’t played on one have you? You should take a break from making Brokeback parodies and give 1 a shot!![/quote]

You’ll shoot your eye out.

DB

The Wii is a cool system. It’s fun. But someone told me I had to be 7 to like it. I cried.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Just admit you want one to lure in girls and show them your other Wii.[/quote]

If only it were that easy!