Getting a T-Nation Tattoo

although im 17 1/2, im thinking about getting a T-Nation logo tattoo on my right calf. ive searched this subject and many question y wear it if most people won’t know what it means? well thats the whole point; those who know it get my approval, but mostly its about what i think.

i mean to b bluntly honest, T-Nation changed my life when it comes to bbing and i want to express that. ive been tempted because right next door of my workplace is the tattoo shop

so like a brotherhood, i want to express the supremacy of T-Nation among other bbing websites. but i have a few questions:

if the logo is about the size of my hand (fingers extended) with all black ink, how much would it cost on average (i know every place has it different)?

what do u have to do to treat the ink?

most importantly, is it worth it? well, i guess thats for me to decide :slight_smile:

What are your stats?

Are you big enough to pull a T-Nation logo off?

[quote]B.b. in stress! wrote:
although im 17 1/2, im thinking about getting a T-Nation logo tattoo on my right calf. ive searched this subject and many question y wear it if most people won’t know what it means? well thats the whole point; those who know it get my approval, but mostly its about what i think.

i mean to b bluntly honest, T-Nation changed my life when it comes to bbing and i want to express that. ive been tempted because right next door of my workplace is the tattoo shop

so like a brotherhood, i want to express the supremacy of T-Nation among other bbing websites. but i have a few questions:

if the logo is about the size of my hand (fingers extended) with all black ink, how much would it cost on average (i know every place has it different)?

what do u have to do to treat the ink?

most importantly, is it worth it? well, i guess thats for me to decide :)[/quote]

Treat the ink=vitamin D ointment
Is it worth it? very short answer… NO.

Is it worth it?

Depends on who you are and what you take this brotherhood to mean. I remember a thread a while back on this very subject, and there are a few who have the logo tattooed on already. I’m very tempted to do the same thing, in the same place, so i’m also interested in what others have to say, but here’s my two cents;

Testosterone Nation changed my entire way of thinking about lifting, eating, fucking life in general. Now, will that change still be ruling my life 20 years from now? who knows. I’d like to think it will, but no one knows the future. I love what T-nations stands for and what it has meant to me so i think it would be worth it. It’s somehting that has changed my life, as well as many others, and my very thought process.

All in all, no one can make this decision for you, and at 17 (i don’t do that half and 3/4 bull shit) you are young to get it. BUT it is your life, your body, and your decision. If you think T-Nation has sculpted your life for the better and you want to memorilize that, go for it. If you love the site and frequent often but just started lifitng and getting into the lifestyle, maybe wait a few months and then contemplate again (you should probably do this anyway to make sure the feeling isn’t fleeting).

As an avid supporter of both Testosterone Nation, and tattooing, I love it when people get the symbol tattooed, and i’m looking to have it done as well. Just make sure it’s what you truly want, as it IS PERMENANT. And also remember; Some one, somewhere has a really awfully done, stupid looking tattoo somewhere were they don’t want it. I think the nation is a good cause, so do you think it will look awful in the future? Only you can decide.

-Beowulf

Oh, and price; I have a shoulder tat about that size in a circle; a black/shaded celtic knot with some color, and it cost me $200. I don’t know if this is good or bad, but always, always, ALWAYS read first adn study later.

-BEOWULF

Ok, just because the ink joint is next door doesn’t mean you should (or legally could) walk in there just yet.

The questions are: how long have you been lifting? Do you look like a T-man yet? And, more importantly: how’s your form?

How long have you wanted the tat? Sit on the thought for at least 6 months and see if you still like it. Then, think about getting it.

Think hard. What career are you expecting to head into? Will that ink stop you from getting the job you want when you’re 20, 25, 30, 35? People out there still don’t like ink. Even just knowing you have it, even if they can’t see it, can and will get in your way. Yeah fuck 'em, I hear you say now, but when it means the difference between making that promotion with the sexy $$$ and being stuck a pleb? Add a wife, kids to support? Changes everything.

Wear T-Nation IN your shirt: lift heavy, eat right, be a man.

This thread is stupid. There should be an age restriction for posting.

I suggest you get that tat on your face. That’s all the rage now and kids love Lee Priest.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I suggest you get that tat on your face. That’s all the rage now and kids love Lee Priest.[/quote]

Agree. Calf tats are sooooo last century. Get it on your head and neck. That’s cool. Then write “Go Big, Bitch!” That would be all sick and stuff.

You’re stupid.

I think a good age for your first tattoo is 25. That said, care and feeding of fresh ink: wash with warm, soapy water 3x a day. Pat dry. Use a small dab of Bacitracin ointment and vigorously rub into the tattoo. Don’t cover it with anything if possible. Lastly, find a great artist and spend the money, something on your body PERMANENTLY is not a time to cheap out! Another reason to wait until you are older, so you can afford it. I spent roughly 24 hours under a needle, with an amazing artist who charges by the hour, not the piece.

You will be the biggest geek in history for getting a tattoo of an internet site.

Girl: “What’s that tattoo mean”
You: “It’s my favorite internet site”
Girl: “Dork. Good bye.”

Also, you better be one big mo’fo if you get a tat of anything regarding wieghtlifting/bodybuilding.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I suggest you get that tat on your face. That’s all the rage now and kids love Lee Priest.[/quote]

I think there should be a maturity restriction on posting. There are plenty of people who are older who can make shit posts.

Besides if you really wanted the tatoo, you wouldn’t have to ask us if it’s worth it, you would already know.

you better be one dedicated lifter and swoll as hell to get a TN tatt. also dont ask an internet site for pricing on ink bc each artist has its own price standards. also be prepared to spend good money for good ink, ive spent about 2G’s on ink, all of it worth it.

the only reason y i started this thread was because i was CONSIDERING a tattoo, meaning that i wasnt going to get it for sure, but thought it would b cool to have one.

next, i know im only 17 1/2, but that gives me 5 months to think about my decision whether or not i really truly want a tattoo at the legal age of 18.

and yes, ive been in the bbing lifestyle for about a year now; i know pretty much everything there is to know about nutrition, form, techniques, etc. actually, ever since i stepped into this website, ive become more of an “advanced” bber due to all the information that i read each week. I’m now the one person in my school who knows the most about gaining size and strength, fat loss, proper health, etc.

and i was worrying about that job thing. i feared if i get one and my boss sees it, he wont like it all. i was thinking maybe like a strength coach for some high school team to start off, which now that i think about it, looks like a really bad influence to the kids :frowning:

NAAA, i dont need a tattoo. it was just a thought. ill just wear T-Nation shirts instead. NOW THATS AN IDEA! :slight_smile:

T-Nation tatoos = gay. They do look kinda cool but it’s a website already…

i know pretty much everything there is to know about nutrition, form, techniques, etc. actually, ever since i stepped into this website, ive become more of an “advanced” bber due to all the information that i read each week. [/quote]

Are you serious?

i’m getting a “meatspin” tattoo on my taint

and yes, ive been in the bbing lifestyle for about a year now; i know pretty much everything there is to know about nutrition, form, techniques, etc. [/quote]

If you wrote this with a straight face, you are in fact the dumbest person I have communicated with all day.

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
B.b. in stress! wrote:

i know pretty much everything there is to know about nutrition, form, techniques, etc. actually, ever since i stepped into this website, ive become more of an “advanced” bber due to all the information that i read each week.

Are you serious?[/quote]
yes im serious. very few bbing websites i know hardly touch on the importance of joint health, proper ab training, etc.

and when i say i know everything there is to know about nutrition, form, etc. im basically saying i know everything an average bber would know. i dont know how else to tell u guys what us bbers know.

how else CAN u tell anyone that ur a bber and u know practically everything there is to proper nutrition, and lifting? i would like to hear from u proffessor x and michael