T Nation

Getting a Script

So i have an appointment with a local endo. I know how to describe symptoms of low T. My questions.

  1. What is the odds of me actually getting prescribed TRT even if my bloodwork shows normal.
  2. Any suggestions or useful info from experience?

Note: I dont plan on taking trt doses just stockpiling and cycling.

  1. Unless its an anti-aging clinic or an endo you are cool with, your odds are about 0%
  2. Pay out the ass for an anti-aging clinic or make friends with an endo lol

well thats kinda what i thought, but i suppose ill play it by ear. Regardless I need my blood checked before i cycle again. If the doc seems cool I might tell em I have symptoms of low T and see where it goes. Also I have called an anti aging clinic prices are stupid expensive.

Anti aging is much easier, right? How much are the appointments?

Just get to be cool with any doc…Most wont mind giving you Test as its really not addictive and no one raises a eye to it, as opposed to say getting a script for a C-2 like oxycodone…

[quote]Cron391 wrote:
Just get to be cool with any doc…Most wont mind giving you Test as its really not addictive and no one raises a eye to it, as opposed to say getting a script for a C-2 like oxycodone…

[/quote]

Don’t you live in India? This is absolutely not true. Guys that legitimiately need Test have to saw off their arms to find a doctor willing to even entertain the idea of them being hypogonadal, much less a doctor understanding a guy wants to have biggger biceps. I don’t think you have a true image of the sad state of affairs that is the use of androgenic hormones in the medical community.

[quote]lbraga wrote:
Anti aging is much easier, right? How much are the appointments?[/quote]
consultation was like 700-900 plus you pay for all testing ( i cant recall the exact testing fees) and alot of other hidden fees involved.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]Cron391 wrote:
Just get to be cool with any doc…Most wont mind giving you Test as its really not addictive and no one raises a eye to it, as opposed to say getting a script for a C-2 like oxycodone…

[/quote]

Don’t you live in India? This is absolutely not true. Guys that legitimiately need Test have to saw off their arms to find a doctor willing to even entertain the idea of them being hypogonadal, much less a doctor understanding a guy wants to have biggger biceps. I don’t think you have a true image of the sad state of affairs that is the use of androgenic hormones in the medical community.[/quote]
To be fair, my doc who gave the referal was cool with me doing AAS. He is more concerned with the amount of energy drinks i consume (3-4 a day). Although im well aware much of the medical community thinks its a horrible and addictive substance.

Not that I condone this, but…

You could request labs from an online lab requisition company and then when you get the labs back, use an online utility to convert the pdf to a word document.

1 Edit the values for T
2 Make appt. with doc.
3 ???
4 Profit

[quote]SHREDTODEATH wrote:

To be fair, my doc who gave the referal was cool with me doing AAS. He is more concerned with the amount of energy drinks i consume (3-4 a day). Although im well aware much of the medical community thinks its a horrible and addictive substance.[/quote]

“Being cool” with a patient using illicit drugs and making sure they don’t fuck themselves up is much different than agreeing to prescribe them to you.

Balla has a point some docs say they are cool with shit because everytime you go back to him he gets paid. Modern medicine is not about what good for the patient anymore, sadly.

To play devils advocate on myself there a few really great doc’s still out there, just hard to find.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]SHREDTODEATH wrote:

To be fair, my doc who gave the referal was cool with me doing AAS. He is more concerned with the amount of energy drinks i consume (3-4 a day). Although im well aware much of the medical community thinks its a horrible and addictive substance.[/quote]

“Being cool” with a patient using illicit drugs and making sure they don’t fuck themselves up is much different than agreeing to prescribe them to you.[/quote]
I know he wouldnt prescribe it to me. I guess what im trying to say is he didnt even regard it as a health risk, just asked if i knew the possible dangers of use.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]Cron391 wrote:
Just get to be cool with any doc…Most wont mind giving you Test as its really not addictive and no one raises a eye to it, as opposed to say getting a script for a C-2 like oxycodone…

[/quote]

Don’t you live in India? This is absolutely not true. Guys that legitimiately need Test have to saw off their arms to find a doctor willing to even entertain the idea of them being hypogonadal, much less a doctor understanding a guy wants to have biggger biceps. I don’t think you have a true image of the sad state of affairs that is the use of androgenic hormones in the medical community.[/quote]

Very true. I found out by chance from a blood test that my test levels were at 8.6 (measured in nmo/l) the scale of acceptable levels in this unit of measurement is 8.4-28. I raised my concern wth the doc since this is a VERY low reading for someone my age (26) and lifestyle and I’ve had some of the symptoms of hypogonadism. She said and I quote ‘well, it’s within normal range’ she agreed to send me to a liver specialist since I have elevated iron/ferritin levels but I know the reason for this, a hereditary condition to do with cataracts, I forget the name, it’s long. And the high iron can effect the pituitary, which effects the hypothalamus and so on.Any way I get the feeling this is going to be a very long drawn out process.

But I’ve noticed things seem to be a bit more relaxed in the states. To start with my dr said the nhs don’t even fund TRT so there was no chance of it ever happening. Wtf?!

Vtballa you seem very knowledgeable on the subject what do you make of this?

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

Very true. I found out by chance from a blood test that my test levels were at 8.6 (measured in nmo/l) the scale of acceptable levels in this unit of measurement is 8.4-28. I raised my concern wth the doc since this is a VERY low reading for someone my age (26) and lifestyle and I’ve had some of the symptoms of hypogonadism. She said and I quote ‘well, it’s within normal range’ she agreed to send me to a liver specialist since I have elevated iron/ferritin levels but I know the reason for this, a hereditary condition to do with cataracts, I forget the name, it’s long. And the high iron can effect the pituitary, which effects the hypothalamus and so on.Any way I get the feeling this is going to be a very long drawn out process.

But I’ve noticed things seem to be a bit more relaxed in the states. To start with my dr said the nhs don’t even fund TRT so there was no chance of it ever happening. Wtf?!

Vtballa you seem very knowledgeable on the subject what do you make of this?
[/quote]

The high iron may be a possibility, but I really dont know of any links to that effecting the HPTA. Not to say it doesnt exist though as that’s not anything I’ve ever looked at.

Most of what I see though for guys your age is a result of overdieting or overtraining. Regardless of what some fitness gurus will want you to believe the idea of causing hormonal distress as a result of your active lifestyle is unfortunately a real possibility for some (those that are predisposed to this type of reaction). Unfortunately it is also the very definition of “idiopathic” as it is near impossible to identify and eliminate a single cause (not that you would want to either if it meant you couldn’t train).

The easiest thing to do would be to go to the TRT forum and read the stickeys and try to get a handle on the feedback loops, then attempt to get bloodwork to help identify the root cause. I don’t post in there much anymore but there are still some good knowledgeable guys in there (KSMan is one) that can hopefully help you.

I will say though that depending on where you are in the UK, you are in for an uphill battle. Some peoople are able to get TRT covered rather easily, but most can’t. It is sadder there than in the US, where it is also in the pits, so that says something.

The good news though is that blood tests and things are usually free, IIRC.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

Very true. I found out by chance from a blood test that my test levels were at 8.6 (measured in nmo/l) the scale of acceptable levels in this unit of measurement is 8.4-28. I raised my concern wth the doc since this is a VERY low reading for someone my age (26) and lifestyle and I’ve had some of the symptoms of hypogonadism. She said and I quote ‘well, it’s within normal range’ she agreed to send me to a liver specialist since I have elevated iron/ferritin levels but I know the reason for this, a hereditary condition to do with cataracts, I forget the name, it’s long. And the high iron can effect the pituitary, which effects the hypothalamus and so on.Any way I get the feeling this is going to be a very long drawn out process.

But I’ve noticed things seem to be a bit more relaxed in the states. To start with my dr said the nhs don’t even fund TRT so there was no chance of it ever happening. Wtf?!

Vtballa you seem very knowledgeable on the subject what do you make of this?
[/quote]

The high iron may be a possibility, but I really dont know of any links to that effecting the HPTA. Not to say it doesnt exist though as that’s not anything I’ve ever looked at.

Most of what I see though for guys your age is a result of overdieting or overtraining. Regardless of what some fitness gurus will want you to believe the idea of causing hormonal distress as a result of your active lifestyle is unfortunately a real possibility for some (those that are predisposed to this type of reaction). Unfortunately it is also the very definition of “idiopathic” as it is near impossible to identify and eliminate a single cause (not that you would want to either if it meant you couldn’t train).

The easiest thing to do would be to go to the TRT forum and read the stickeys and try to get a handle on the feedback loops, then attempt to get bloodwork to help identify the root cause. I don’t post in there much anymore but there are still some good knowledgeable guys in there (KSMan is one) that can hopefully help you.

I will say though that depending on where you are in the UK, you are in for an uphill battle. Some peoople are able to get TRT covered rather easily, but most can’t. It is sadder there than in the US, where it is also in the pits, so that says something.

The good news though is that blood tests and things are usually free, IIRC.[/quote]

Thanks for the response

Yes the blood tests are free but this means there is some serious nagging and persistence required on my part to get a full test done to include lh, fsh, e2, estradiol etc. I will try again next time for that. Until I get all the juicy details I won’t post in the trt forum, ksman is incredibly knowledgeable on the subject but I wanna have all my facts straight first!

I will let them go the low iron route for now and if that’s all clear, onto the endo.

Their reasoning with the low iron is it can inhibit pituitary function > hypothalamus function > test production.

How were you diagnosed?

Apologies for the hijack shred, at least my last question is relevant :wink:

UGL is cheaper in almost every scenario. Plus all the guys on Steris (atleast here in Canada) get it in 100mg/ml or 50mg/ml, so to cycle at an appreciable level you would need to be a pincushion to run any dosage considered ‘cycle worthy’. The Test isn’t too bad for pricing, but where you get bent right over is the HCG and Arimidex. 10mg of Asta-Zenica Arimidex is $180. Thats retarded. And you can’t fill just ‘part’ of a script here in Canada. If it says T+AI+HCG, then you have to pick it all up.

If your legitimately hypo, I really do empathize. Medicine is changing -slowly. I just hope that the emphasis on quality of life continues to improve, and my children will be able to walk into a clinic to get HGH, Test, etc… if that is what they so desire.

Just my ramblings.
-PTD

[quote]PAINTRAINDave wrote:
The Test isn’t too bad for pricing, but where you get bent right over is the HCG and Arimidex. 10mg of Asta-Zenica Arimidex is $180. Thats retarded. And you can’t fill just ‘part’ of a script here in Canada. If it says T+AI+HCG, then you have to pick it all up.

[/quote]

Yes arimidex (name brand) is retardedly expensive. Fortunuately it went off patent back in 2010 I think, so there are many generics available now for a fraction of the price.

Thought i would update this for everyone. Firstly i will say if you ever try this dont go to the endo fresh from the gym veins popping and what not wearing typical lifter clothes. The doc looked at me like an idiot when i tried to say I had low T lol. So I eventually told the truth that I just wanted levels tested. I guess I really didnt know how much I looked like a “bro”. Ill post my lab results when i get them for our resident endo experts.

Thats the thing dude… no one would ever buy that shit if i told them i had low T… Gotta find a chill doctor or wait a few years and prescribe it to myself (sketch)