Getting a Print-Worthy Image from Blu-ray

Does anyone know if it’s possible to somehow extract a higher resolution image from a blu-ray disc? It’s for print so it would have to be at least reasonably close to 300 ppi. I know a simple screenshot won’t work, but I’m wonder if there is a way to somehow get the raw data out of the Blu-ray in order to a nice high res printable image.

How big? A screen shot would be good up to around 6.5" by 3.5". I can’t imagine you’d get anything more off a disc…not with a desktop computer anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

The max resolution shot you’re going to get, is what it’s been filmed at.

Read this for how…

After that you can improve it via Photoshopping, if you know how to.

Other than that, if you want better quality screencap posters you need to contact the production company.

[quote]wfifer wrote:
How big? A screen shot would be good up to around 6.5" by 3.5". I can’t imagine you’d get anything more off a disc…not with a desktop computer anyway. :-P[/quote]

Unfortunately it’s not possible to get better than 96 dpi with a normal screenshot. I need to somehow extract the raw image from the bluray.

[quote]R@NE wrote:
The max resolution shot you’re going to get, is what it’s been filmed at.

Read this for how…

After that you can improve it via Photoshopping, if you know how to.

Other than that, if you want better quality screencap posters you need to contact the production company.[/quote]

Thanks I’ll check it out. It doesn’t have to be 300 dpi, but 200 would be nice. I’m reading your link now. Sadly, the studio is taking FOREVER to give a final word so I’m looking into contingencies.