Getting a Pair of Chucks

I have been squatting in Nike Free’s 7.0 for a while and they are falling apart. I want to get a pair of chucks since thats what all the strong people squat in.

Are these the right kind? I’ve never worn them before.

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:99928/sku:107171/Converse%20All%20Star%20Hi%20Four%20Horsemen%20Print%20-%20Men's?supercat=shoes&cm=54507&id=54507&mvp=brand&sport=all

Thanks (there the cheapest ones I found)

You didn’t look hard enough :slight_smile:

I found a pair at Walmart for $9. Cheap shoes ftw

DudeAbides,

Didnt you buy the offbrand (in this case Airwalks)?

I say this because you have now said you got your Chucks at Wal-Mart, and a friend says he got his Asics there. And everytime I go there, I see nothing…

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
DudeAbides,

I say this because you have now said you got your Chucks at Wal-Mart, and a friend says he got his Asics there. And everytime I go there, I see nothing…[/quote]

Nate, I get my Chucks at the DSW in Bailey’s Crossroads.

DudeAbides,

I say this because you have now said you got your Chucks at Wal-Mart, and a friend says he got his Asics there. And everytime I go there, I see nothing…[/quote]

Sorry they are off brand … not even Airwalks. They look the same, but def are not made the same. Chucks have rubber soles, mine have a hard carpet (really) feel. They are cheap and work just fine. They have Asics look-alikes, but that’s as close as they get. I’ve also bought Starter brand at Walmart.

Payless sells Airwalks for $20-30.

The “Chucks” I got at Walmart were Faded Glory brand and cost $13. Same flat sole as chucks, but they look like old man slippers.

I think I paid about that for my pair…5 years ago.

They’ll last forever.

Great investment.

[quote]Therizza wrote:

DudeAbides,

Nate, I get my Chucks at the DSW in Bailey’s Crossroads. [/quote]

I got mine at the DSW in Fairfax. But I can never find bigger than 12s and I wear a size 13-14 shoe. I have been cramming in size 12 Chucks now for about 3 years. The DSW Chucks were what, $30ish?

They did have some limited edition leather ones for $50 I was thinkin of getting but would probably stink pretty quickly since they would not vent.

[quote]Therizza wrote:

DudeAbides,

Nate, I get my Chucks at the DSW in Bailey’s Crossroads. [/quote]

I got mine at the DSW in Fairfax. But I can never find bigger than 12s and I wear a size 13-14 shoe. I have been cramming in size 12 Chucks now for about 3 years. The DSW Chucks were what, $30ish?

They did have some limited edition leather ones for $50 I was thinkin of getting but would probably stink pretty quickly since they would not vent.[/quote]

Yea around 30 bucks.

They did have some limited edition leather ones for $50 I was thinkin of getting but would probably stink pretty quickly since they would not vent.[/quote]

As bad as your feet smell, I wouldn’t go for the leather ones. :wink:

How’s the strong-guy training going?

[quote]novaeer wrote:

As bad as your feet smell, I wouldn’t go for the leather ones. :wink:

How’s the strong-guy training going?[/quote]

Haha.

It’s coming along. Finally getting in 4 stones ranging from 200-300lbs. And we have a few harnesses coming soon too. My OHP/Log really needs a lot of work though.

[/hijack]

Not sure about the other guys, but for some reason my shoe size in Chucks is one smaller than my actual shoe size. I wear size 12’s but rock size 11 Chucks.

You know what they say about guys with big feet…

They have big socks :slight_smile: