Getting a New Paintball Gun

Im looking into purchasing a new paintball gun, and i have a few questions.

1. what do you think of the following guns:
  • Spyder VS2/VS3
  • Evil Omen 2.0
  • WGP Trilogy Competition Autococker

Second, what would be the advantages/disadvantages to buying an autococker vs. a gun with an electric trigger?

Not too sure about the guns because I haven’t been up to date with paintballing lately but regarding electric triggers vs. autococker, the capacitor on my gun w/ an electric trigger broke in the middle of a match, not exactly the best thing in the world to happen to you.

no T-men/women play paintball?

I used to play all the time, but the sport got really, really gay really fast. A bunch of guys in pink shirts shooting continous ropes of paint for five minutes in what looks like a McDonalds kid playground doesn’t do anything for me.

yeah, haven’t played in awhile…Been playing some Airsoft lately on a side note…I suppose they’re comparable to a certain degree.

[quote]Split wrote:
no T-men/women play paintball?[/quote]

Play Air soft.

Edit: I’m not telling you to play Airsoft. I just meant that I played paintball in the past, and currently play Airsoft.

I just started playing Paint ball and I am hooked. I bought a Tippmann 98 Custom. I really wanted a spyder but I decided to play last minute on a sunday morning and the only place open was Walmart. So I bought the best gun they had. I turned out to be a very good gun though. Really reliable and I upgraded the barrel which made it a lot more accurate. I can’t believe how addicting it is.

i have a smart parts epiphany, 98’s are good really customizable, more of a field gun. Im sure you payed twice what they are worth at walmart.

When last I played back in the late 90’s I had the precursor to what is now the 98. That thing was like a God damn AK-47! The summer I left for college my younger brother left it outside in the rain and the mud for over two whole months. Came home (let my brother have a good piece of my mind) and washed the thing off and cleaned all the mud out of the chamber and barrel. It was tarnished and a little rusted, but I’ll be damned if it didn’t shoot just as straight as it did before.

Never had a single thing break on that gun. EVER. In fact, I think it’s still sitting down in my parents’ basement. I should pull it out some time and see if it still works.

[quote]Split wrote:
i have a smart parts epiphany, 98’s are good really customizable, more of a field gun. Im sure you payed twice what they are worth at walmart.[/quote]

Yeah I probably did. I have since seen them a lot cheaper on line, but like I said it was last minute and had no other choice if I wanted to play.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
I used to play all the time, but the sport got really, really gay really fast. A bunch of guys in pink shirts shooting continous ropes of paint for five minutes in what looks like a McDonalds kid playground doesn’t do anything for me.[/quote]

Try stock class or pump, much more fun especially if you get a decent pump like a CCI Phantom, or a PPS super stocker.

Haven’t played in a couple of years though, shit’s expensive.