Getting a 600 Pound Deadlift

[quote]Jhuczko wrote:
I just started lifting again last month I want to deadlift and squat 600 with in six months or then i won’t meet my goal.

Shouldn’t be too hard squated like 3 times so far and going to do 315x12 this week. Deadlifted first time in 4 years and did 405. It would be cool to do 600 squat and deadlift at no higher then 170lbs. Doing at 150 would be FUCKING AWESOME, but then i would have to work hard and i don’t feel like doing that. I feel like i will be superior enough if i do it at 170.

I thinking by the end of April i should be able to squat and pull 500 from there i have 3 months to hit 600… I will post vids at the end of the six month mark.

Raw ofcourse…[/quote]

Post your current lifts now. You’re making some out outrageous claims all things considered.

[quote]Jhuczko wrote:
I just started lifting again last month I want to deadlift and squat 600 with in six months or then i won’t meet my goal.

Shouldn’t be too hard squated like 3 times so far and going to do 315x12 this week. Deadlifted first time in 4 years and did 405. It would be cool to do 600 squat and deadlift at no higher then 170lbs. Doing at 150 would be FUCKING AWESOME, but then i would have to work hard and i don’t feel like doing that. I feel like i will be superior enough if i do it at 170.

I thinking by the end of April i should be able to squat and pull 500 from there i have 3 months to hit 600… I will post vids at the end of the six month mark.

Raw ofcourse…[/quote]

Is it not obvious that this is sarcasm. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I took this as sarcasm.

[quote]evansmi wrote:
Jhuczko wrote:

Raw ofcourse…

Is it not obvious that this is sarcasm. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I took this as sarcasm. [/quote]

the guy is a troll, don’t worry about it

[quote]ericbyrnesjr wrote:
evansmi wrote:
Jhuczko wrote:

Raw ofcourse…

Is it not obvious that this is sarcasm. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I took this as sarcasm.

the guy is a troll, don’t worry about it[/quote]

Yea he is a fucktard, I love this line “I feel like I will be superior enough if i do it at 170” lol…

[quote]Self-destruction wrote:
First time poster, but long time lurker here.

I’ve decided to devote my lifting life around working towards, and hopefully eventually achieving a 600 pound deadlift.

I think lifting 600 off the ground would make me strong. Not the strongest, for sure, but strong. I think a 600 deadlift would be a good indicator of a certain level of pure strength.

Right now, I’m 6’0, 175 pounds, and after not lifting much for a couple of years, I did a 265 pound deadlift, with some left in the tank. (Conventional style, clean-grip with no hook). Two years back, I was 220 pounds, and although I focused more on the squat, I deadlifted 400 pounds, without really training for the deadlift. (I did some deadlifts, but it was always secondary to the squat).

Now I want to bite the bullet and deadlift 600 pounds. I think I’ll be strong with a 600 deadlift.

What do you guys (and girls) think?

[/quote]

if your at 265lbs @ 175lbs bw, you got a lonnnnng way to go.
600lbs would be about three and a half times your body weight. you’re at one and a half.
its good your aiming high but shit, think about getting 2 times your bodyweight first.

silly me, i shoulda read through before i posted something that has been said about 902 times already. but yea, you’re numbers should go up rather quickly. i went from 265lbs to 405lbs in 3 months.
405lbs @ 150lbs bodyweight. i used straps :\

hitting 3 times body weight is simply… tough

Looks like I’m edging closer to it. I pulled 200kg x6 sumo today which was a PR by one rep. Sumos 200x6 - YouTube

I’ve pulled sumo raw once in about the last 10-11 weeks so my form’s way off. This puts me good for 240-245kg. I get about 20-25kg out of my suit, and working my lockout hard should get me more.

It’ll certainly have fallen by year end. Hopefully July.