Gettin Back in the Game

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
V-Diet to lose the last little chub then Rippetoe, WS4SB, Bill Starr, or Stronglifts as a program …?[/quote]

I was strongly considering the Velocity Diet, but I’m a single mom and my budget is super tight. I wil look into those programs…

[quote]Lady_J wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:
V-Diet to lose the last little chub then Rippetoe, WS4SB, Bill Starr, or Stronglifts as a program …?

I was strongly considering the Velocity Diet, but I’m a single mom and my budget is super tight. I will look into those training programs…thanks!!!

[/quote]

Try the V-Diet Lite, two shakes a day, breakfast and dinner and three regular healthy meals. I have friends who couldn’t commit to the full version but were happy with what they got on the lite version. Hope that helps.

[quote]Qaash wrote:
Lady_J wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:
V-Diet to lose the last little chub then Rippetoe, WS4SB, Bill Starr, or Stronglifts as a program …?

I was strongly considering the Velocity Diet, but I’m a single mom and my budget is super tight. I will look into those training programs…thanks!!!

Try the V-Diet Lite, two shakes a day, breakfast and dinner and three regular healthy meals. I have friends who couldn’t commit to the full version but were happy with what they got on the lite version. Hope that helps.[/quote]

Thanks quaash, that’s kinda what I’ve been doin. 3 shakes and 3 meals a day

[quote]Lady_J wrote:
Qaash wrote:
Lady_J wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:

I was strongly considering the velocity diet, but I’m a single mom and my budget is super tight. I will look into those training programs…thanks!!!

Try the V-Diet Lite, two shakes a day, breakfast and dinner and three regular healthy meals. I have friends who couldn’t commit to the full version but were happy with what they got on the lite version. Hope that helps.

Thanks qaash, that’s kinda what I’ve been doin. 3 shakes and 3 meals a day

[/quote]

Then you’re already on the right track and since you aren’t afraid of the weights you’ll get what you want in no time.

[quote]Qaash wrote:
Lady_J wrote:
Qaash wrote:
Lady_J wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:

I was strongly considering the velocity diet, but I’m a single mom and my budget is super tight. I will look into those training programs…thanks!!!

Then you’re already on the right track and since you aren’t afraid of the weights you’ll get what you want in no time.
[/quote]

That’s what I’m hopin!!! Thanks for the vote of confidence!!

[quote]Lady_J wrote:
Qaash wrote:
Lady_J wrote:
Qaash wrote:
Lady_J wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:

That’s what I’m hopin!!! Thanks for the vote of confidence!!
[/quote]

No need to hope, you’re in T-Nation…this place has an effect on your training.

[quote]Lady_J wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:

I was strongly considering the Velocity Diet, but I’m a single mom and my budget is super tight. I will look into those programs…

[/quote]

Your diet seems good, just increase your daily activity to burn more calories.

Rippetoe

WS4SB
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459321

Bill Starr

Stronglifts I

Stronglifts II

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
Lady_J wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:

I was strongly considering the Velocity Diet, but I’m a single mom and my budget is super tight. I will look into those programs…

Your diet seems good, just increase your daily activity to burn more calories.

Rippetoe

WS4SB
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459321

Bill Starr

Stronglifts I

Stronglifts II

[/quote]

Thanks dude, I will check those out

Well, thanks to some dumb, drunk bitch taking a joyride during a texas thunderstorm, me and my car are out of commission for a minute…Will hopefully be posting within a couple of weeks

[quote]Lady_J wrote:
Well, thanks to some dumb, drunk bitch taking a joyride during a texas thunderstorm, me and my car are out of commission for a minute…Will hopefully be posting within a couple of weeks[/quote]

Sorry to hear that…keep that fire burning while you heal.

[quote]Qaash wrote:
Lady_J wrote:
Well, thanks to some dumb, drunk bitch taking a joyride during a texas thunderstorm, me and my car are out of commission for a minute…Will hopefully be posting within a couple of weeks

Sorry to hear that…keep that fire burning while you heal.[/quote]

most definitely…

ok, with doctor approval i will begin my normal work out on monday… I am so ready!! I have been watchin the diet and walking during my healing period and have managed to lose a few pounds. Yeah!! I posted an updated pic on my profile if anyone dares to compare.

Any suggestions on upper body lifts since I’m a little scared of hurting myself again? I separated my sternum and one side of my rib cage. I think Bench press will be too much unless it’s with pink dumbbells…

[quote]Lady_J wrote:
ok, with doctor approval i will begin my normal work out on monday… I am so ready!! I have been watchin the diet and walking during my healing period and have managed to lose a few pounds. Yeah!! I posted an updated pic on my profile if anyone dares to compare.

Any suggestions on upper body lifts since I’m a little scared of hurting myself again? I separated my sternum and one side of my rib cage. I think Bench press will be too much unless it’s with pink dumbbells…
[/quote]

If you’re still recovering (or are even recently recovered) from an injury you may want to ease into training. Pressing might be ok, but maybe the pink dumbells aren’t such a bad idea. At any rate I would err on the side of caution if I were you. Better to ease back into training than to risk injuring yourself.

Hopefully somebody with more experience with injury/rehab can jump in and give you some better advice.

[quote]Wimpy wrote:
Lady_J wrote:

If you’re still recovering (or are even recently recovered) from an injury you may want to ease into training. Pressing might be ok, but maybe the pink dumbells aren’t such a bad idea. At any rate I would err on the side of caution if I were you. Better to ease back into training than to risk injuring yourself.

Hopefully somebody with more experience with injury/rehab can jump in and give you some better advice. [/quote]

Thanks for the validation. I was afraid i sounded more wussified than cautious. I just don’t want to end up having to take off months as opposed to weeks…