Get Your Physique Evaluated!

What if you could send your photos to a true bodybuilding expert and have him tell you where your problems are and how to fix them?

Well, your chance is here.

Dr. Clay Hyght is not just a TMuscle writer, medical professional, and competitive bodybuilder, he’s also a NPC (National Physique committee) judge.

He and I are working on a possible new project where TMuscle members send in their pics and have Dr. Clay use his expert eye to spot where they need work (because sometimes it’s tough to see these aesthetic issues and imbalances yourself.) Then he’ll provide you with a general prescription for what ails ya.

Want in? Here’s what to do:

Take at least 4 clear photos of yourself in shorts or your posing trunks: front, both sides, and back, unflexed. You may send along a few flexed pics as well. And don’t forget you have a lower body.

Email those to me at CS@TMuscle.com.

Include some brief info about yourself and your previous training: 200 words or less. If I open a novel, I ain’t readin’ it.

If you’ve been training 2 weeks (or you look like it), don’t bother. If you weigh 110 pounds, you better be a 5-foot female. If you’re a big fat guy, then Dr. Clay can’t see your muscles, so again, don’t bother.

If we choose you, your photos may appear in a future article.

The cost of this unique service? El zilcho.

And keep in mind this whole idea may flop and we’ll never do it. Or… it might one of the coolest projects we’ve tried.

Any questions? Post them here. Any complaints? Go tell your house plants. Wanna play along? Email me those pics.

I think this is an interesting project and am excited to see where it is taken.

Dr. Hyght asked me to add that women are welcome to submit too.

He requested school girl outfits.

No, I’m kidding.

That would cover up too much.

This sounds like an AWESOME idea. But I’m just wondering if there is an age requirement for this? Or are pre-pubescent boys with hawt abz allowed to send in their pics as well?

[quote]The Greek wrote:
This sounds like an AWESOME idea. But I’m just wondering if there is an age requirement for this? Or are pre-pubescent boys with hawt abz allowed to send in their pics as well? [/quote]

“If you’ve been training 2 weeks (or you look like it), don’t bother.”
Of course, this doesn’t account for individual perceptions and the fact that many think they are hyooge when they are just getting started.

If this comes about after I weigh more than 160 lbs I might consider sending my pictures in. I just hope this isn’t the only one

I like this idea.

You can count on my pics if this actually materializes.

I think it would be a hell of an opportunity to get an objective, unbiased and supremely credible 3rd party perspective on the package I spend hours tirelessly building. Not to mention phenomenally motivating.

It would be great if the advice went beyond “You need more width on your lats”

I just hope this project doesn’t die before it even takes off. I mean, RMP is a joke…

[quote]Big Aristotle wrote:
You can count on my pics if this actually materializes…[/quote]

Thanks, but we’d need your pics in order for it to materialize. So don’t wait. I have a feeling that once the first installment is published it’ll be difficult to get into future installments.

To those already sending in pics, thanks!

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Big Aristotle wrote:
You can count on my pics if this actually materializes…

Thanks, but we’d need your pics in order for it to materialize. So don’t wait. I have a feeling that once the first installment is published it’ll be difficult to get into future installments.

To those already sending in pics, thanks!

[/quote]

Looks like I’ll be bringing my camera to the gym tonight

having an actual NPC judge critique you is certainly a great opportunity. of course looking at all the trainers who ‘ask for critiques’ and the get upset at what they hear, I hope people realize that the levels physique competitors strive for is pretty insane compared to your average ‘i wanna look good for the chicks’ gym rat’s goals.

i’m conident this will be a positive experience though, dr. Clay has certainly earned my respect.

S

Sent

Another quick note: Try to avoid cell phone mirror pics. We’ll probably just trash these automatically.

Dr. Hyght needs quality pics to give you an accurate evaluation. Thanks!

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
having an actual NPC judge critique you is certainly a great opportunity. of course looking at all the trainers who ‘ask for critiques’ and the get upset at what they hear, I hope people realize that the levels physique competitors strive for is pretty insane compared to your average ‘i wanna look good for the chicks’ gym rat’s goals.

i’m conident this will be a positive experience though, dr. Clay has certainly earned my respect.

S [/quote]

I know what you mean. I would love to get some help from Dr. Clay, but am afraid I am not developed enough to where he could give me anymore advice than “Call me in a few years”.

Hi Chris,

I think this might be an interesting spot for some tips on physique picture taking as well. Lighting, what time of day, etc. on allowing the best option for the critiques. Regardless of whether or not pics are sent in, it could be helpful for those taking before/after pics.

Also, are the “unflexed” poses actually relaxed or more like the quarter turn rotations seen during bodybuilding competitions?

[quote]ajweins wrote:
The Mighty Stu wrote:

S

I know what you mean. I would love to get some help from Dr. Clay, but am afraid I am not developed enough to where he could give me anymore advice than “Call me in a few years”.[/quote]

I think you are selling yourself short man.

Humble is good, but don’t blow a good opportunity here.

[quote]wushufanatic wrote:
Hi Chris,

I think this might be an interesting spot for some tips on physique picture taking as well. Lighting, what time of day, etc. on allowing the best option for the critiques. Regardless of whether or not pics are sent in, it could be helpful for those taking before/after pics.

Also, are the “unflexed” poses actually relaxed or more like the quarter turn rotations seen during bodybuilding competitions?[/quote]

It’s up to you really. Dr. Hyght has a great, well-trained eye. I think he’ll be able to do a good job with either, but he requested mostly unflexed pics.

What we really want is CLEAR pics. I remember when we did the Physique Clinic, people would submit blurry pics of themselves… wearing coats… from 3 years before. WTF?

[quote]Oroborus wrote:
If this comes about after I weigh more than 160 lbs I might consider sending my pictures in. I just hope this isn’t the only one[/quote]

why not now? you must be less than 10lbs away, what makes you think you will look sooo different?

This is a pretty good idea, hopefully it works out well.

This is a brilliant idea. Now all I need is somebody who won’t think its gay to take pictures of me.