Get Wicked

[quote]Blush wrote:
It is really brave of you to post those pics. You probably could have posted pics in your clothes and saved the bra and panty shot for when you have good after shots too.

[/quote]

Maybe I should have done that. I just wanted to use my pics as shock value to keep me going.

I am sorry for any shock I caused to the unwarned!

Next time, clothes, I promise!

Kit~

[quote]reneeweimer wrote:
Way to go! You can definitely do this. I was over 200# at one point. Be firm with yourself, disciplined & honest, work hard, and I SWEAR you will be AMAZED at how yoour body changes when you start lifting & being STRONG. My recommendation, get some kick ASS tunes for yourself. Motivate yourself. If you want more motivation, I will PM you some of my body pics. It took me a while, but I find that 4 years later, my body is still getting firmer, smaller, and stronger.

Way to go!

Renee[/quote]

Renee! Thank you!

It seems such a mountain to climb right now. Thank you for the motivation suggestions. The cardio I did was a little boring. I noticed some peopel were really into watching the tv. I wasn’t sure if that was good or not but I had images of gym zombies.

I will only compare myself to how I did before!

Thank you again

Kit~

The fitness & nutrition articles you read here will really help. Yes, those are gym zombies. Cardio queens, and I’m sure they’re happy doing their thing. Do you see them pushin’ it? Or just turning up the volume to catch Dr. Phil asking “How’s that workin’ out for ya?”

Do YOUR thing, be strong. Figure out what works for you & your body. Read Dr. John Berardi’s articles. I’d bet a container of protein powder that you are used to eating bread & pasta. Carbs. Am I right? Once you learn when to eat those carbs you’ll reap the benefits!

Renee

Kit–Don’t think of the whole mountain. Think of one day. What can you do TODAY to travel further on this path? Go to the gym. Plan your meals around lean protein and veggies. Poke around here and find some more information about diet and training and supplementation.

As for cardio being boring, I’d be NOWHERE if it wasn’t for my iPod! Find music that motivates you and gets you moving. Use it, it works! As for the TVs…well, I never pay much attention. I figure, if I’ve got enough energy to watch TV, I’m not working hard enough. :wink:

[quote]reneeweimer wrote:
The fitness & nutrition articles you read here will really help. Yes, those are gym zombies. Cardio queens, and I’m sure they’re happy doing their thing. Do you see them pushin’ it? Or just turning up the volume to catch Dr. Phil asking “How’s that workin’ out for ya?”

Do YOUR thing, be strong. Figure out what works for you & your body. Read Dr. John Berardi’s articles. I’d bet a container of protein powder that you are used to eating bread & pasta. Carbs. Am I right? Once you learn when to eat those carbs you’ll reap the benefits!

Renee

[/quote]

hello?

First of all, big props for taking the first step! There’s no turning back now, full speed ahead for lean and kickin’ body!

[quote]
Meal 1 - 6:30am
2 hard boiled eggs [/quote]

Too small a meal. Add a slice of whole wheat bread and/or an orange or an apple. Or fry those eggs up with a side of lean turkey bacon. But make your breakfast a bigger meal than just 2 eggs.

[quote]
7:00pm - go to the gym

PWO
1 scoop Grow! Whey [/quote]

Read up on post-workout nutrition (PWO). It’s vital that you feed your body what it needs to repair and replenish after a workout session. 1 scoop whey won’t do the job.

All in all, I think you’re eating a tad too little, and you should add some more healthy fats from nuts etc. Do you know where you’re at when it comes to your current nutritional intake vs your maintenance calories? You don’t want to go below 80% of your maintenance; low calories and hard training can make your body hold on to the fat for dear life thinking it’s not getting enough food.

Are you doing any cardio at all? Consider doing some HIIT cardio 2-3 times a week. Kicks your ass in a good way, and elevates your metabolism for the rest of the day.

Keep us updated, and keep asking those questions.

Hey girly,

I am so glad to hear you insisted on the trainer showing you how to do the exercises on your list. My biggest mistake when I had a trainer was listening to him talk more about his personal life than him telling me to push/pull harder.

If you purchased sessions with the trainer sit down with her and let her know WHAT YOU EXPECT FROM HER!!! You are there to be motivated and pushed beyond your limits, you want out of your comfort zone.

Girl you will kick ass. Im sure of that.

Cant wait to keep up with your progress. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Robin

p.s. I used to hate Chris Shugart. Thought he was the biggest a-hole on T-Nation. Now…I think I read everything the guy puts out here. He has defenitely opened my eyes.

Dont sweat putting up the pix. It will keep you accountable, influence others, and when you reach your goal you’ll be proud to show your progress!!!

BTW, hope the tequilla was good, cuz you wont be needing that for awhile!! :smiley:

Im soooooo excited for you!

I tried posting last night and it kept getting bumped and freaky.

I knew B3 could give you some good advice!

Just so you know, I am being my most supportive and non-bitchy

Welcome to T-Nation. Great job standing up to the trainer and sticking with your workout plan!

With your current pictures it will be easier to see your progress than with clothes. I would continue to take pictures in bra and underwear. It is up to you what you want to post but I think they will help you see your progress. It’s your log! Post whatever will help motivate you.

Are you using a calorie counting program? It is great to be able to track not only calories but protein, carbs and fat. www.fitday.com is free. If you post that information, it will be easier to help with your diet. We can tell right away if you are too low on calories or protein.

Claire

Way to go, Wicked!!

:slight_smile:

Hey Kit,
Glad you learned all those lifts with your trainer. You’re getting loads of advice here, just remember one thing: keep it as simple as it is. Don’t miss a training session. Don’t miss your cardio sessions. Eat a balanced diet, cut out those bad foods (processed, fast, alcohol, sugars).
Don’t kill yourself training, work hard, but work smart.

You are not conditioned right now, and a training session
that’s even a little to heavy can knock you flat for a few days with muscle pain. If you can’t do all the reps in your program, that’s OK, just aim to better yourself next time. Someone suggested HIT training for cardio, IMO you are not there yet. Keep up a good pace for the amount of time you are able. Make it slightly uncomfortable (not wanting to converse, but able to if you were pressed too). Increase your time and pace each session.

You mentioned that you don’t feel angry, just fed up. You will get angry at some point. When you slip up and eat some junk, when you can’t get to the gym and when life gets in the way. Feed off your anger, use it as a tool to do better next time. Soon enough, you’ll have a set schedule, you’ll be eating well and dropping pounds.

You’ve started a big journey, it will suck sometimes but I can guarantee that if you stick with it, you will reap huge rewards. Stick with it and if things get confusing, go back to the basics.
db

I am so sore today! I didn’t go to the gym but I did go for a hike today. After work I went with some coworkers and we hiked around Mission Trails Park. The walking felt good on my poor sore legs.

I passed up donuts today. Someone had brought them in to work.

Tomorrow I meet with the trainer again, I got 5 sessions.

I thought I would ask about the deadlifts, face pulls and how to use the squat rack.

I feel really out of place on those benches though. I just don’t want to go there and lay there with my big belly and do those bench presses and those dumbbell presses! It sounds weeny but the whole mental obstacle is there.

Thank you!

I will post my pics in my DAMN bra and panties if I want to MZ. BLUSH!

Kit~

[quote]okaz wrote:
First of all, big props for taking the first step! There’s no turning back now, full speed ahead for lean and kickin’ body!

Meal 1 - 6:30am
2 hard boiled eggs

Too small a meal. Add a slice of whole wheat bread and/or an orange or an apple. Or fry those eggs up with a side of lean turkey bacon. But make your breakfast a bigger meal than just 2 eggs.

7:00pm - go to the gym

PWO
1 scoop Grow! Whey

Read up on post-workout nutrition (PWO). It’s vital that you feed your body what it needs to repair and replenish after a workout session. 1 scoop whey won’t do the job.

All in all, I think you’re eating a tad too little, and you should add some more healthy fats from nuts etc. Do you know where you’re at when it comes to your current nutritional intake vs your maintenance calories? You don’t want to go below 80% of your maintenance; low calories and hard training can make your body hold on to the fat for dear life thinking it’s not getting enough food.

Are you doing any cardio at all? Consider doing some HIIT cardio 2-3 times a week. Kicks your ass in a good way, and elevates your metabolism for the rest of the day.

Keep us updated, and keep asking those questions. [/quote]

I thought bread and starchy carbs were the devil?

I am VERY hungry today. I just ate some sliced turkey and cucumbers even though I had dinner. I just am so HUNGRY!

I will try for a bigger breakfast. I am still afraid of carbs though. Maybe I will add a banana or an apple

[quote]Wicked Kit wrote:
I thought bread and starchy carbs were the devil?[/quote]

No no, not at all. There are two times during the day where you can (and should) have any kind of carbs.

One is breakfast. You don’t need carbs for breakfast, but if you do have them your body will use them and not store them as fat (unless you go overboard with a whole loaf of bread, use common sense). So if you like your carbs, have some for breakfast.

Suggested “breakfast carbs”; 1 slice whole wheat bread with your eggs, and an apple or orange. Or oatmeal, or another low carb, high fiber cereal with a little milk or other dairy.

The second one if post-workout. Read up on this, but here is the very short version: you need (preferably fast) carbs here to replenish glycogen stores and to shuttle all that protein I hope you just ate into the muscles.

Remember, if you don’t eat properly after a workout, most of that hard work is going to be lost. Your body has been broken down, and it can’t be rebuild without proper nutrients.

There are a lot of articles and threads on this floating around, read and educate yourself.

[quote]
I am VERY hungry today. I just ate some sliced turkey and cucumbers even though I had dinner. I just am so HUNGRY![/quote]

Then you’re eating too little, or not getting enough fats and fiber in your diet. Meat and veggies is a good snack though, but you could probably make a meal out of it if you have a “hole” during the day where you get really hungry.

Don’t go around feeling hungry all day, that’s very de-motivational.

Keep us updated!

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

I tried posting last night and it kept getting bumped and freaky.

I knew B3 could give you some good advice!

Just so you know, I am being my most supportive and non-bitchy

[/quote]

Who are you and what have you done with our nasty bitchy OG!!! We miss that girl :wink:

LOL

WHOA! Mission Trails? That’s my neck of the woods! Mission Trails is HARD for someone who’s not used to exercising. Jeeez, did you go up Mount Fortuna? OUCH!

PM me, we can get together and train sometime. :slight_smile:

You are in San Diego!!! Oh wow! That could be fun! Do you ever go to Lake Murray?

Mission Trails usually isnt that hard. I don’t know what Mount Fortuna is… I was with friends from work and we just walked all over, we stopped and chugged our water up in the ampitheatre and just really enjoyed the evening.

I’ve never done Iron Mountain but I hear that is really hard!

[quote]kitmouse wrote:
WHOA! Mission Trails? That’s my neck of the woods! Mission Trails is HARD for someone who’s not used to exercising. Jeeez, did you go up Mount Fortuna? OUCH!

PM me, we can get together and train sometime. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

[quote]okaz wrote:
Wicked Kit wrote:
I thought bread and starchy carbs were the devil?

No no, not at all. There are two times during the day where you can (and should) have any kind of carbs.

One is breakfast. You don’t need carbs for breakfast, but if you do have them your body will use them and not store them as fat (unless you go overboard with a whole loaf of bread, use common sense). So if you like your carbs, have some for breakfast.

Suggested “breakfast carbs”; 1 slice whole wheat bread with your eggs, and an apple or orange. Or oatmeal, or another low carb, high fiber cereal with a little milk or other dairy.

The second one if post-workout. Read up on this, but here is the very short version: you need (preferably fast) carbs here to replenish glycogen stores and to shuttle all that protein I hope you just ate into the muscles.

Remember, if you don’t eat properly after a workout, most of that hard work is going to be lost. Your body has been broken down, and it can’t be rebuild without proper nutrients.

There are a lot of articles and threads on this floating around, read and educate yourself.

I am VERY hungry today. I just ate some sliced turkey and cucumbers even though I had dinner. I just am so HUNGRY!

Then you’re eating too little, or not getting enough fats and fiber in your diet. Meat and veggies is a good snack though, but you could probably make a meal out of it if you have a “hole” during the day where you get really hungry.

Don’t go around feeling hungry all day, that’s very de-motivational.

Keep us updated![/quote]

Okaz I am so willing to learn and am so thankful for your suggestions but I was following what they are eating in the Physique clinic! They are not eating carbs and Christian Thibiedeux has stated you don’t need carbs.

I do think you are right that I am not eating enough calories. I did read on Neya’s thread where they told her she was losing weight so she would probably feel hungry some of the time but this just feels like such big time hungry!

I was thinking of taking Benefiber, those fruit flavored tablets, to work to eat not only as a snack but for extra fiber? What do you think?

For breakfast maybe I should have a spinach omelette instead of just the eggs. I will give that a try tomorrow!

Is it because I am fatter than the Physique clinic people that I need carbs?

[quote]Wicked Kit wrote:
Okaz I am so willing to learn and am so thankful for your suggestions but I was following what they are eating in the Physique clinic! They are not eating carbs and Christian Thibiedeux has stated you don’t need carbs.[/quote]

You don’t need them, but a zero carb diet is very hard to maintain, and many people have low energy without carbs. You need some fuel for your body since you’re working out, too. You’re not doing a little dieting here, you’re making changes for life, right? Do you think you can go the rest of your life without carbs? I know I couldn’t. I have my beloved carbs when I can, and avoid them the rest of the day. This is something I can do for the rest of my life.

Go zero carb if you want, I’m just warning you that it will be extremely hard to maintain. IMO you’d be better off going “low carb” and not entirely without carbs, at least while you get used to new eating habits.

[quote]I do think you are right that I am not eating enough calories. I did read on Neya’s thread where they told her she was losing weight so she would probably feel hungry some of the time but this just feels like such big time hungry!

I was thinking of taking Benefiber, those fruit flavored tablets, to work to eat not only as a snack but for extra fiber? What do you think?[/quote]

Some hunger you just gotta deal with, but if you are really big time hungry then you should add another meal IMO. Fiber tabs are good, they make you feel full.

But I’d like to see you do the following: keep a food log (on fitday.com for instance) and see how many calories you eat per day. Then use the BMI calculator thing (just google it, it’s everywhere) to find your maintenance calories. The BMI calculator number won’t be accurate but it’s a starting point. You should eat roughly 80% of your maintenance calories for safe and sustainable weightloss, but you might have to up it to maintenance if you work out a whole lot. You’ll also have to work with the numbers and find that “sweet” spot that works for you.

Undereating is bad. I’m gonna say that one more time, because it’s so important. Undereating is bad.

No, you don’t need them, but look into how many calories you need and how much you’re eating now. That’s based on body weight and activity level, and you have more body weight so you need more calories to start with. As you lose weight, you cut back on the calories.

Keep us updated!