Get Wicked

Hello everyone!

I am new and am hoping for any advice or even criticism that is going to get me on the road to change. I am a beginner beginner. I have had a gym membership for about 10 years but that was really limited to the treadmill and a few step classes. I recently had the misfortune of running into an old boyfriend who looked great and I did not. I hate that. I was always chubby but I am now just fat. I slid into my current obese state after suffering a miscarriage in my 6th month.

I had put on 50lbs with the pregnancy which was too much and then after the miscarriage I became depressed and put on more weight. I ended up weighing 210lbs at 5.4’. This was 5 years ago and I haven’t made a difference in the weight. The old boyfriend who was also the father of the baby was just the last kick to the head. I don’t feel angry that I keep reading Mr. Shugart write about, I just feel like it is time and I am ready. I also don’t like to think of the things I am not doing because of my weight. It isn’t just the physical limitations but it is also the mental limitations of not wanting people to see me, the fat girl, doing something.

Here are my stats.
40yrs old
5.4’
198lbs

no previous weight training experience.

I have been reading this site for a while. I even started back at the gym last November. I think it is time for me to get things done.

I CAN’T BELIEVE I TOOK PICS! But I did, and I will post them.

I hope I get some responses. I don’t even care if you want to hurl a few stones! =) I am tough and I can take it! If you can throw in some good advice along with the slurs and mud I will pick it up and run with it!

Now I need to take this last shot of tequila and post my pics.

Here is my front shot. I am headless, since birth my brother would say.

Here is the back and my damn big butt. I bet I could show a movie on that!

And here is the side. Now why I felt the need to tell all of you the poses I don’t know. I am sure you could have figured out this is the side view. Can you all help me get a bubblicious squat butt?

My menu plan is as follows!

6:00am HOT-ROX

Meal 1 - 6:30am
2 hard boiled eggs

Meal 2 - 9:30am
1 scoop Grow! Whey in water

12:00pm HOT-ROX

Meal 3 - 12:30pm
4oz of chicken or tuna
salad of mixed greens (lettuce, broccolie, cucumbers, or celery)

Meal 4 - 3:30pm
1 scoop Grow! Whey in water

Meal 5 - 6:00pm
4 oz chicken or tuna or salmon
salad of mixed greens

7:00pm - go to the gym

PWO
1 scoop Grow! Whey

Before bed
4 Flameout
3 ZMA

I don’t know how much BCAA I should take.

I also bought Creatine but again, when and how much?

Thanks to any and all who choose to participate in my post!

I am a simple woman who likes it simple.

Tell me what you mean and what you think!

hi

Snaps to you for being brave enough to post pictures and take this leap. The “anger” you say you don’t have is also the feeling that you just don’t want to live this way anymore. It’s being done. It’s refusing to accept that this is the way your life is going to be. It’s the fire that gets you up and moving and really, honestly living your life the way you want to. You’ve taken the first steps!

Now for a bubbilicious squat butt…that means squatting. :wink: Squats and deads and lunges. Too much fun!

[quote]kitmouse wrote:
Snaps to you for being brave enough to post pictures and take this leap. The “anger” you say you don’t have is also the feeling that you just don’t want to live this way anymore. It’s being done. It’s refusing to accept that this is the way your life is going to be. It’s the fire that gets you up and moving and really, honestly living your life the way you want to. You’ve taken the first steps!

Now for a bubbilicious squat butt…that means squatting. :wink: Squats and deads and lunges. Too much fun! [/quote]

HI!

I have a hard time with squats. I always feel like I am going to fall over! But maybe that is because of my weight.

YEP! I don’t want to live this way anymore! Those were the words I wanted.

Squats are form and strength. One comes before the other. You’ve GOT to have good form. Is there someone who can watch you and critique your form? Work with only body weight at first and get your form down, then add weight. Balance and stability will come from good, solid form.

You face a bit of a challenge (not insurmountable by any means) in that as your body comp changes your balance is going to change, too. For you more than for others, even, you need to cement your form. Your muscles need to learn what a good squat is, so that even as the fat over/in them changes, they still know how to perform.

This isn’t going to happen in a day or a week or a month–but then suddenly all your little steps will start to add up. You’ll get where you want to be. :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome.

You may want to check out B3’s thread, the “Shut Up Experiment”.

She has made some amazing progress.

[quote]Wicked Kit wrote:
Hello everyone!

I am new and am hoping for any advice or even criticism that is going to get me on the road to change. I am a beginner beginner. I have had a gym membership for about 10 years but that was really limited to the treadmill and a few step classes. I recently had the misfortune of running into an old boyfriend who looked great and I did not. I hate that. I was always chubby but I am now just fat. I slid into my current obese state after suffering a miscarriage in my 6th month. I had put on 50lbs with the pregnancy which was too much and then after the miscarriage I became depressed and put on more weight. I ended up weighing 210lbs at 5.4’. This was 5 years ago and I haven’t made a difference in the weight. The old boyfriend who was also the father of the baby was just the last kick to the head. I don’t feel angry that I keep reading Mr. Shugart write about, I just feel like it is time and I am ready. I also don’t like to think of the things I am not doing because of my weight. It isn’t just the physical limitations but it is also the mental limitations of not wanting people to see me, the fat girl, doing something.

Here are my stats.
40yrs old
5.4’
198lbs

no previous weight training experience.

I have been reading this site for a while. I even started back at the gym last November. I think it is time for me to get things done.

I CAN’T BELIEVE I TOOK PICS! But I did, and I will post them.

I hope I get some responses. I don’t even care if you want to hurl a few stones! =) I am tough and I can take it! If you can throw in some good advice along with the slurs and mud I will pick it up and run with it!

Now I need to take this last shot of tequila and post my pics.[/quote]

Kit

Props to you for taking that first step to change your condition. For many this is the hardest part as it was for me. Now its time to get down to business.

I’m not a nutrition expert, but it seems like your diet might be a little light. Are you purposely creating a caloric deficiet? And if so are you restricting carbs (not that I’m suggesting this)? I too am in the process of loosing a good deal of body fat. Personally I prefer a more balanced diet with a slant to more protein. I did just alter my diet to include more fats as suggested in an article by Thibs.

As I mentioned, i’m not a dietary expert so i will leave it to others to help you with this area. I point diet out because you are going to want to add as much muscle as you can to acheive your goals and kick up your metabolism. In order to do this you’ll need to make sure you’re getting enough calories and protein to support your workouts and muscle development.

Your gonna do well!

Hey Kit,
Welcome, looks like you’ve made the commitment to change things up, good for you. OG suggested BodyBuildingBabes thread, check it out. I believe she had really good progress following the Body for Life program. You may also want to check out the Physique Clinic at MWA for some workout routines.
You mentioned creatine, I would not worry about that for now.
Good Luck
db

Thanks dianab! Thank you Sailorchris!

I am very excited! Tonight will be my first weights workout. I am getting a show around by a trainer so I will find out tonight what I am to do.

Hi Sailorchris! I want a deficit! I want to lose weight. I based my menu on lean body mass. But if I end up being really hungry I may have to add some oatmeal for breakfast.

Hi dianab! I jumped on the supps wagon too quick huh! =) I love the PC clinic thread!

Thanks for all the good advice.

Kit~

Go get 'em Kit ! You CAN do it !

[quote]sen say wrote:
Go get 'em Kit ! You CAN do it ![/quote]

Thank you!

I meet with my trainer tonight so I am really excited! I printed out the stuff that Neya is doing to bring with me.

Kit~

[quote]Wicked Kit wrote:
sen say wrote:
Go get 'em Kit ! You CAN do it !

Thank you!

I meet with my trainer tonight so I am really excited! I printed out the stuff that Neya is doing to bring with me.

Kit~
[/quote]
That’s an awesome choice for a workout. Neya has had great success, as I’m sure you can see by her pictures. If you keep up your level of enthusiam, you will have great success as well.
db

It is really brave of you to post those pics. You probably could have posted pics in your clothes and saved the bra and panty shot for when you have good after shots too.

Way to go! You can definitely do this. I was over 200# at one point. Be firm with yourself, disciplined & honest, work hard, and I SWEAR you will be AMAZED at how yoour body changes when you start lifting & being STRONG. My recommendation, get some kick ASS tunes for yourself. Motivate yourself. If you want more motivation, I will PM you some of my body pics. It took me a while, but I find that 4 years later, my body is still getting firmer, smaller, and stronger.

Way to go!

Renee

P.S. This is all about YOU. Not about you comparing yourself to what someone else can lift.

Compare yourself to what you were yesterday, or last week. Otherwise, you’ll get really down on yourself. I hope that makes sense. Be your best self, for you

I had my first meeting with the 24 HOUR FITNESS trainer. Her name is Julie. She tested my stamina, endurance, strength and then weighed me.

She walked me around the gym and showed me the cardio equipment.

I showed her the program I wanted to do and she advised me against it. I wasn’t surprised but I was disappointed. So I told her to please just show me how to do my list.

She showed me how to squat and use the leg press machine and how to use the lat pulldown bar and the cable rows. She did have me do lunges and then we finished with step ups!

It was mostly a HOW-TO session but I am one step closer.

Tomorrow after work I will do some cardio and she suggested I do some push ups, leg curls and leg extensions as I might be sore.

I took my first step. I don’t even know what questions to ask now.