Get to 10% or Go Up from Here?

I’m sort of a newb to bodybuilding but I have been lifting weights for some years by now.
I’m 5’8’’ 174lbs and 16% BF and 20 years old.
What I would like to ask is if I should I go to 10% and build from there so I don’t get too fat?
Or should I go up from here and then diet down? Also I don’t know a much about fat loss either. My english is still in the works so maybe my question sounds a little stupid. Anyways if you can help me out here I will really apreciate it.

Notes:
*This is the first time i’m over 12% bodyfat since I can remember.
*I have already attained the “basic” numbers in my squat, deadlift and bench.
*I was already 183 @ 11% before when I was in a olympic weighlifting team in a university in Mexico 2 years ago but I have no idea how I got there because I was coached the whole time.
*I feel less energetic and slower since I got a little fattier and I feel it has been a factor in me losing some muscle.
*This is my first year living in U.S. and since I don’t have a lot to do besides go to college I eat unhealthy foods all day, something that I have been correcting these past 3 months.

I will upload a couple of pics in a sec.

Going high volume might help with loosing fat. Going broke might help also.
Some get thinner and bigger with light load high reps, short rests.
Seriously at 20 with years of lifting you could be under 10%.
Definitely eating clean is a must.
Study nutrition and things that will keep you busy. Get a librairy card.
Vegetables are your best friends.
All the best!

F

[quote]BHappy wrote:
Going high volume might help with loosing fat. Going broke might help also.
Some get thinner and bigger with light load high reps, short rests.
Seriously at 20 with years of lifting you could be under 10%.
Definitely eating clean is a must.
Study nutrition and things that will keep you busy. Get a librairy card.
Vegetables are your best friends.
All the best![/quote]

Thank you!
Yes, I do eat a lot of junk lately and I think that is the reason I got a little overweight. I will clean up my diet and I like the library advice! Thank you BHappy.

Back photo.

Side photo.

Some report good results with this suggested program

[quote]BHappy wrote:
Some report good results with this suggested program

That training program looks hardcore! haha! I will give it a go. Thanks for the help again BHappy.

Jesus Christ, BHappy - Use the Search Function and type in Blind leading the Blind… you’re admittedly a 55yo who just started working out a couple months ago…

tunacake, what are “the basic numbers” in the squat, bench, and deadlift? Also, post your diet if it is consistent. If it isn’t, you know at least one thing you need to work on - you don’t look sloppy at all to me, though, just small - might want to consider just continuing to work on your base of strength (not sure if you are into performance, since you mentioned Olympic weightlifting, or simply aesthetics at this point in time).

[quote]MickyGee wrote:
Jesus Christ, BHappy - Use the Search Function and type in Blind leading the Blind… you’re admittedly a 55yo who just started working out a couple months ago…

tunacake, what are “the basic numbers” in the squat, bench, and deadlift? Also, post your diet if it is consistent. If it isn’t, you know at least one thing you need to work on - you don’t look sloppy at all to me, though, just small - might want to consider just continuing to work on your base of strength (not sure if you are into performance, since you mentioned Olympic weightlifting, or simply aesthetics at this point in time).[/quote]

At this point i’m not interested in performance anymore. I just want to get muscular. My squat is around 147.5 kg(325lbs), my deadlift 200 kg(440lbs) and my bench 125 kg(275lbs).

A regular eating day for me is:

meal#1

Eggs(4 or more) and bacon + variables (chilli, chorizo, ham, etc)

snack#1

An apple and a protein smoothie

meal#2

Any type of meat with beans, tortillas, some veggies and rice

snack#2

a medium sized chicken breast

meal#3

Sometimes its eggs or quesadillas or burritos with beans.

Some times I eat junk food in between those meals like empanadas(I don’t have a clue what is the english name for that food but is basically home made bread with fruit puree stuffed in)
or a handful of chips or french toast.

[quote]tunacake wrote:

[quote]MickyGee wrote:

tunacake, what are “the basic numbers” in the squat, bench, and deadlift? Also, post your diet if it is consistent. If it isn’t, you know at least one thing you need to work on - you don’t look sloppy at all to me, though, just small - might want to consider just continuing to work on your base of strength (not sure if you are into performance, since you mentioned Olympic weightlifting, or simply aesthetics at this point in time).[/quote]

At this point i’m not interested in performance anymore. I just want to get muscular. My squat is around 147.5 kg(325lbs), my deadlift 200 kg(440lbs) and my bench 125 kg(275lbs).

A regular eating day for me is:

meal#1

Eggs(4 or more) and bacon + variables (chilli, chorizo, ham, etc)

snack#1

An apple and a protein smoothie

meal#2

Any type of meat with beans, tortillas, some veggies and rice

snack#2

a medium sized chicken breast

meal#3

Sometimes its eggs or quesadillas or burritos with beans.

Some times I eat junk food in between those meals like empanadas(I don’t have a clue what is the english name for that food but is basically home made bread with fruit puree stuffed in)
or a handful of chips or french toast.

And sadly that is as consistent as it gets for me. Most of my protein intake is during meal #2 Although I did not post any specific number most of the time is a bunch of servings of steak or ground beef with some other stuff like potatoes, beans, lentils, etc.

[/quote]