Get This Sorted before You Cycle

Guys:

Before you start a cycle, test your blood glucose levels on waking and also after meals for three days. If you have shit insulin sensitivity do NOT start a cycle. Chances are you’ll only manage to get fatter. I have seen this countless times. Guys think they can jump on cycle and lose bodyfat with shit insulin sensitivity. Get it under control first. Use berberine or better yet - Metformin. Then you can run a much lighter cycle, up your carbs, and gain much better quality tissue.

That is all for now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can you explain this in more detail?

This is a great post! The owner of my old gym, massive big bodybuilder who’s dead now god bless him. This guy lived it and was a mountain of knowledge on bodybuilding. People from all around my country used to come to him for advice and this is the first thing he told them about. He had trained many people, mostly girls, who went on to win there shows. The first thing he had them do was 2 weeks of zero carbs to “reset” there insulin sensitivity, he preached this constantly to people who struggled to lose fat. He was very old school but always researching when he wasn’t in the gym.

Does Metformin work the same way in resetting insulin sensitivity ? I don’t know much about it. This is something I’m thinking of looking into before my next blast, as I have been struggling myself lately, and think it could very well be the case. I guess my first step is testing glucose levels

1 Like

What would you suggest for those of us with dawn phenomenon?

@Rizla81 totally agree. So here’s the deal with Metformin - there is a ton of bs info around about it. It isn’t acute. Guys take it pre cheat meals or carb meals acting like it works that way. It doesn’t. What it does is alter the gut flora. It raises concentrations of akkermansia (you guys can google all the benefits of this and what having low amounts does). It builds up overtime. It does Not cause hypoglycemia and it does not provide quick results. That being said, 6 weeks on it and you’ll notice marked increases in insulin sensitivity and a decrease in pancreatic insulin release. Also, if you have leaky gut, it can help bolster the integrity of the GI tract.

@hrdlvn @ChickenLittle I would start at 500 mg twice a day (.morning and night). It can cause mild gi issues as it’s killing off bad bacteria but this is transient.

1 Like

What can you advise in relation to metformin vs B12 absorption/depletion?

So if you want to improve your insulin sensitivity, you suggest taking 500mg metformin in the morning and at night for 6 weeks? Can you be more specific on the whole process? Should we be consuming a high carb meal(oatmeal?) immediately after? Before? Both? My blood glucose is within range but towards the higher end. I would like to try this if you think it’s a good idea.

@so_it_goes I recommend everyone take a methylated b12 supplement regardless of Metformin. A lot of people have a mutation in the MTHFR enzyme so they should use it anyway.

@atfit you don’t need to worry about tons of carbs with it. Breakfast and dinner meals
Are fine. It doesn’t acutely effect blood sugar so you don’t need to worry about hypoglycemia

Metformin belongs to a class of drugs called biguanides. A class of drugs is a group of medications that work in a similar way. These drugs are often used to treat similar conditions.

Metformin works by:

• reducing the amount of glucose (sugar) made by your liver
  • decreasing the amount of glucose your body absorbs
  • increasing the effect of insulin on your body

Insulin is a hormone that helps your body remove extra sugar from your blood. This lowers your blood sugar levels.

Found this about it - would this be accurate ?
I take it can only be obtained by prescription ?
Thanks for the heads up, will be looking more into obtaining some and give it a go.

@Rizla81 fairly accurate yes. It is Rx most places but easily obtained by most decent docs. Just hit them with the anti aging Idea. It’s a super safe med.

Hey Doc, I’ve been taking my metformin dose all in the morning (1000 mg). I’ve found I’m not as good remembering to take meds at night. Is the “twice daily “ really needed or can I stick with my current regimen?

Thanks and an early Merry Christmas @physioLojik

@studhammer hey my brother! Yea I like it split up just due to the shorter half life. How
Long have you been running 1000? You might want to up to 1000 am and 500 pm. Happy holidays!

1 Like

@physioLojik. I’ve running 1000 for several months. I’ll try adding an extra pill a night.

1 Like

Hey @physioLojik, thanks for the reply. What would you consider good numbers and bad as far as fasted glucose levels?

Thank you for your reply. I have previously considered berberine. No way to get the Metaformin.

Sure there is. You just have to be willing to go outside normal methods.

I understand. I am just not in a position to do that at this time.

@ChickenLittle all you need to do is discuss anti aging benefits with your doc

1 Like

The doc and I have parted ways. He wouldn’t even test T3 or T4 to see if he could help with Graves. I even mentioned that Metaformin might help in that regards. He said we didn’t need to do anything.