Get Shredded Diet Question on Refeed Day

1 week into diet and lost an inch on waist, and down about 5 pounds…Starting to lean out very nicely…

I know it says wait 2 weeks for a refeed day, but has anyone tried it once per week and got great results? I think I read somewhere about people trying the 1 day a week refeed but I don’t remember…So would doing a once per week refeed be such a bad idea ??

I used to do it during last fall/winter, as long as I kept my training intense, there wasn’t much diff at all in terms of my weight or BF%. I was refeeding every Saturday night. BUT, of course this is going to be diff with everyone, there are WAYYYYY too many variables to deal with when looking at it, and your own personal goals.

I know that now being in ketosis state, I would NOT do it personaly or even risk it.

[quote]LOBO69 wrote:
I used to do it during last fall/winter, as long as I kept my training intense, there wasn’t much diff at all in terms of my weight or BF%. I was refeeding every Saturday night. BUT, of course this is going to be diff with everyone, there are WAYYYYY too many variables to deal with when looking at it, and your own personal goals.

I know that now being in ketosis state, I would NOT do it personaly or even risk it.[/quote]

Is 40-50 grams per day to much to induce ketosis?

I been using keto stix but heard there not all that accurate since it detects the fat you consumed during the day that turned to ketones…

I have been getting good readings on the keto stix however

[quote]iannotti wrote:
LOBO69 wrote:

I know that now being in ketosis state, I would NOT do it personaly or even risk it.

Is 40-50 grams per day to much to induce ketosis?

I been using keto stix but heard there not all that accurate since it detects the fat you consumed during the day that turned to ketones…

I have been getting good readings on the keto stix however[/quote]

From what ive been reading from CT’s post in his locker room section, you MIGHT be able to get away with it, but like ive said, its all in the individual and their personal insulin sensitivity. Mine’s closer to the 40g mark myself, and I find thats fine. My fat intake is closer to 120-150g daily.

As far as how I monitor it, I use the approch CT has mentioned, by using resting body temperature. You monitor every morning BEFORE you get out of bed, what your body temp is, and if it falls 1 degree, for 2-3 days in a row, you should “re-feed”, and have a carb up then. I’ve only been on the Keto diet now for 4 weeks, and its only happened twice, so on average its every week and a half/ two weeks.