Get Cut Without Getting Huge

[quote]Professor X wrote:
The above picture is of Brendan Hansen, member of the 2008 USA Olympic Swim team. I think it takes a great deal of dedication to reach that level, but there is no way I would be on this site or waste this much energy on training and food intake if that was all my goal was physically.
[/quote]

I think that if it was someone’s goal to look like that physically, they wouldn’t have to do very much at all.

That was the worst training advice I have ever read. That guy should be shot for perpetuating such garbage. Being small is easy, don’t eat and don’t lift. What a fag.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
jck524 wrote:
josh86 wrote:
Wow the guy in the main picture of that stupid ass article is small as fuck. How is that not too small? The only thing it definitely isn’t is its not too big lol.

I know we all already know this - but lets just put it out there. Guys who say they “don’t want to get too big” say that because they know it takes more hard work and dedication than they can commit to, and by saying that they don’t have to look like a failure.

Im not saying i promote the article or anything, but i dont understand why people on this site have a hard time grasping the fact that not everyone wants to be the size of a pro bodybuilder.

Oh come on, what little kid would rather look like spiderman than the hulk? Let’s be serious here. [/quote]

Amen! The Hulk is the shit, I wish I looked exactly like the Hulk from the new movie! haha

I agree big time with Prof X comments about not training and changing our identity to match what some woman wants - or anyone else wants. It needs to be for YOURSELF! I get told all the time when people ask how much weight I’m trying to gain (always happens when I’m shoveling in mass quantities of food) and I reply about 40-50lbs.

I always get the OMG really? Why do you want to be so big? That’s gross! Most girls don’t even like that! I tell them every time - Its a good thing I don’t do this to impress any little girlz then huh? I do it for MYSELF.

I bet he just woke up like that one day after lifting for less than a week!

I hate it when I have friends or fellow gym patrons tell me “you’re big enough already” (not that I’m by any means huge). For me lifting is more about strength anyway, but ultimately about improvement.

About doing better than you did last week and even more than you thought yourself possible when you first started. Whenever I hear something like that I always flash back to Rocky when Adrian keeps trying to get him to stop fighting.

I think people are born lifters, it’s in our DNA, trying to change that is like going against the fundamental elements of nature. If you’re not a lifter that’s fine, the elliptical is over there, but don’t try to critique my lifestyle just because “bulky” isn’t in fashion.

I know I�??m preaching to the choir, but this hits a nerve.

Im kinad off topic hear but it goes with the same public display of bodybuilding. I was talking to a guy at the gym today about how bodybuilding in the 90s used to be on espn, wtf why did they have to change that, That would of been so cool haha.

I also saw a specail on teen bodybuilding on youtube and it was taking from espn. That would never happen now and also the segment had teens train outside so people could watch in the area. I wish it was still like that but its the opposite =\

What do you mean woke up? He was just standing around and started to expand.

Even if these dufflebags tried to get thier precious physiques they would not have the discipline to come even an inch closer to that goal.

The author should be taken into the street and beaten with his ACE certification.

What do you mean woke up? He was just standing around and started to expand.

Even if these dufflebags tried to get thier fight club precious physiques they would not have the discipline to come even an inch closer to that goal.

The author should be taken into the street and beaten with his ACE certification.

I was actually reading some of the forums and let me tell you,I am sad.
I am sad that my fellow man as dropped down to this level.

couple threads I rememberis

1. My quads burn when I do squats am I doing them wrong?
    one of the responses was basicly I dont like the way they hurt my legs so I just dont do them.
    and I shit you not he said " the squats are the only exersise that makes me grunt I never grunt when I work shoulders bis/tris.

2. I have always been a sporty looking guy with a nice upper body but I am at a new job sitting alot and my hips are getting fat.
    how do I loose the fat in my buttocks and hips area so I can fit my jeans again without lifting weights and getting all big?

now I ask of you people,is this for real? I see thousands of posts like that on that site.
is the rest of the world really going to this.

are dudes really that fem now or is this just one of them funny sites where the rejects go?

[quote]rsg wrote:
Professor X wrote:
The above picture is of Brendan Hansen, member of the 2008 USA Olympic Swim team. I think it takes a great deal of dedication to reach that level, but there is no way I would be on this site or waste this much energy on training and food intake if that was all my goal was physically.

I think that if it was someone’s goal to look like that physically, they wouldn’t have to do very much at all.[/quote]

Of course not. I have said before that I see people bigger than that who just play basketball all of the time.

That is another reason those with a goal like that look so retarded to anyone here. Why even waste the time and energy “researching” all of this info when your goals are so minimal that nearly ALL of this info is completely useless to you?

These are the types who would worry about eating a damned apple or a banana.

[quote]Nich wrote:
I was actually reading some of the forums and let me tell you,I am sad.
I am sad that my fellow man as dropped down to this level.

couple threads I rememberis:

1. My quads burn when I do squats am I doing them wrong?
    one of the responses was basicly I dont like the way they hurt my legs so I just dont do them.
    and I shit you not he said " the squats are the only exersise that makes me grunt I never grunt when I work shoulders bis/tris.

2. I have always been a sporty looking guy with a nice upper body but I am at a new job sitting alot and my hips are getting fat.
    how do I loose the fat in my buttocks and hips area so I can fit my jeans again without lifting weights and getting all big?

now I ask of you people,is this for real? I see thousands of posts like that on that site.
is the rest of the world really going to this.

are dudes really that fem now or is this just one of them funny sites where the rejects go?
[/quote]

Well you’ve gone and done it. That forum is going to have me trolling around sometime very soon.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Of course not. I have said before that I see people bigger than that who just play basketball all of the time.

That is another reason those with a goal like that look so retarded to anyone here. Why even waste the time and energy “researching” all of this info when your goals are so minimal that nearly ALL of this info is completely useless to you?

These are the types who would worry about eating a damned apple or a banana.[/quote]

Which again makes me wonder what so many of them are doing here.

One asthetic goal I’ve heard (read) thrown around is to “look like you lift”. That is to say, walk around in clothes all day and having people at least think “there are muscles under those clothes”.

They can imagine the physique.

Having a scrawny ‘swimmers’ physique, to me, works against someone in clothes anyway. Skinny folk look lanky and frail.

The author of the article can postulate ‘what women want’ all he wants, but you line up dudes with muscle and some swimmy dudes, I’d put my money on muscle that they’d get more notice from the ladies.

Fact - girls/women that like big muscular guys are the freaky ones that like it rough…I’d rather attract those women anyway!

Another One:

[i]Women Prefer Men With Average Amounts of Muscle Mass, but With
Exceptional Tone.

If you want a body that women find attractive then you will want to take a
close look at men that women go crazy for. Here is a short list:

1. Abercrombie Models [/i] DOH!

2) Calvin Klein Models DOH!

3) Soap Opera Stars DOH!

4) Actors (Jamie Foxx, Matthew Mcconaughey, Hugh Jackman, Brad Pitt,
etc.)
DOH!

These men all have one thing in common. They all have an average amount of muscle mass. DOH!

They also keep their body fat levels low to show of great muscle tone. This type of body looks great with or without clothes.

DOH! DOH!

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
[i]Women Prefer Men With Average Amounts of Muscle Mass, but With
Exceptional Tone.

If you want a body that women find attractive then you will want to take a
close look at men that women go crazy for. Here is a short list:

1. Abercrombie Models [/i] DOH!

2) Calvin Klein Models DOH!

3) Soap Opera Stars DOH!

4) Actors (Jamie Foxx, Matthew Mcconaughey, Hugh Jackman, Brad Pitt,
etc.)
DOH!

These men all have one thing in common. They all have an average amount of muscle mass. DOH!

They also keep their body fat levels low to show of great muscle tone. This type of body looks great with or without clothes.

DOH! DOH!

[/quote]

Epic Fail.

This is so sad on so many levels.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
One asthetic goal I’ve heard (read) thrown around is to “look like you lift”. That is to say, walk around in clothes all day and having people at least think “there are muscles under those clothes”.

They can imagine the physique.

Having a scrawny ‘swimmers’ physique, to me, works against someone in clothes anyway. Skinny folk look lanky and frail.

The author of the article can postulate ‘what women want’ all he wants, but you line up dudes with muscle and some swimmy dudes, I’d put my money on muscle that they’d get more notice from the ladies.[/quote]

yep

[quote]brancron wrote:
Another One:

[/quote]

no…no…nooooooo

there cannot exist such a person so incredibly stupid in this world

i felt my balls crying when reading this article

I think just having a ripped 6-pak will get the women looking either way. Obviously a 6’ 200# guy with abs will look more attractive to the ladies than a 140lb guy with one. I guess the 140lber will pull girls over chubby “average” dudes, while the 200#er will pull girls over weak 140#ers…

I think most women would prefer the physique of a developed MAN over an untrained teenager’s