Germany to Take Over Greece

For a nation whose ww2 casualities lie in the vicinity of Mongolia & Thailand, you sure make an awful lot of noise about it.
I recommend stop watching war propaganda (Band of Brothers, Private Ryan et alia) and it’ll sort itself out.

@topic
Greek is a prime example of bad government.
The people are hardly lazier then other europeans (well maybe, a tiny bit but that’s not the point)

Grand corruption. Bad fiscal policy. The short sighted lure huge piles of EU money with minimal oversight…

It would’ve been better for Greece to leave the Union. No way they can default with the Euro properly.
There’s a german saying: “Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende.” ~ better to have a shitty ending then taking shit without end; cause now all Greece can hope for is to have growth and progress at snail speed for the next 30 years - at best.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
The Arnhem Oosterbeek War Cemetery, more commonly known as the Airborne Cemetery, is a military cemetery in Oosterbeek, Arnhem, the Netherlands. It was established in 1945 and is home to 1759 graves from the Second World War. Most of the men buried in the cemetery were Allied servicemen killed in the Battle of Arnhem, an Allied attempt to cross the Rhine in 1944, or in the liberation of the city the following year. Men killed in these battles are still discovered in the surrounding area even in the 21st century, and so the number of people interred in the cemetery continues to grow.

Last time I checked there was no Dutch equivalent in Vermont.[/quote]

Just to add, Push:

“A Bridge Too Far”…

These men…mostly of the American 82nd and 101st Airborne Division…were part of the largest Airborne Assault in History. The whole campaign was known as “Operation Market Garden”.

We should also not forget Lt. Colonel John Frost (of the British 2nd Parachute Battalion) who held Arnhem Bridge AND fought off a Panzer Division for close to a week…with Paratroopers armed with no more than Piat’s and small arms.

Mufasa

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]ephrem wrote:

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:
For your info, we lazy hobos are the reason you, my friend, take aspirin when you have a headache, have words to use when talking about astronomy(greek word, by the way) and science generally and doing a duckload of others things I can’t think of right now, just because they are too many. So, don’t disrespect us, when you don’t know the full story behind what you read in the US.[/quote]

Lol, don’t take credit for the acts of your ancestors…they’d be ashamed to see what their decedents have become.[/quote]

That’s so true! Next time an american claims the right to respect for “winning” WW2 I’ll point 'm to your post.
[/quote]

66 years ago vs. 2300 years ago. A bit of a difference there, Dutch guy.

There are living breathing Americans walking around right now who fought (and had comrades die) to liberate your miserable little country. Next time a Dutch asshole claims the right to disparage America I’ll point 'm to my post.[/quote]

I would like to share with you my view on war.
I deleted this post because I was trolling like hell to get my point across.

Please read my post called ‘Remembrance day’

I think there’s some confusion as to what the term “allied forces” actually meant, Erasmus.

We honour the fallen soldiers of WW2 every year and there’s still a lot of respect for any nationality that contributed to the liberation of Europe, including the yankees.

[quote]ephrem wrote:

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:
For your info, we lazy hobos are the reason you, my friend, take aspirin when you have a headache, have words to use when talking about astronomy(greek word, by the way) and science generally and doing a duckload of others things I can’t think of right now, just because they are too many. So, don’t disrespect us, when you don’t know the full story behind what you read in the US.[/quote]

Lol, don’t take credit for the acts of your ancestors…they’d be ashamed to see what their decedents have become.[/quote]

That’s so true! Next time an american claims the right to respect for “winning” WW2 I’ll point 'm to your post.
[/quote]

Actually, with the time difference it’s like the people in Iran who think they have a connection to Persia. Ancient Greece and modern Greece are two very different entities.

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

don’t forget gay sex.

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:

don’t forget gay sex. [/quote]

Wrong thread BG. I think you were looking for this one:

[quote]ephrem wrote:

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[/quote]

Americans do not do this. I have lived in the US (I am Dutch) for the past 17 years and have never once heard an American claim the right to respect because of World War II and what they did for us.

I have met several of the heroes who fought for us and liberated us. Amazing men. Your post should not have been made. I am sure your Dutch father taught you too to not say anything if you have nothing nice to say. We owe the Americans that much and a lot more.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
For a nation whose ww2 casualities lie in the vicinity of Mongolia & Thailand, you sure make an awful lot of noise about it.
I recommend stop watching war propaganda (Band of Brothers, Private Ryan et alia) and it’ll sort itself out.

[/quote]

WTF are you talking about? Holland has dozens of grave yards filled with thousands of bodies of fallen American heroes. Not enough for you to matter?
Your reference to war propaganda is interesting too but I guess, you as a German have better information available? You guys do know your propaganda.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
The American military cemetery at Margraten, Holland.

Oh how the modern day lil peckerwoods seem to forget.

Last time I checked there was no Dutch equivalent in Iowa.

[/quote]

But we, the ones your age, still remember my friend, and we are eternally grateful to the Yankees and the Brits :slight_smile:
I used to visit the military cemeteries with my grand father, who suffered in a German work camp and remember the solemn gratitude my fellow Dutch men felt when passing through the rows of young heroes.

I used to pass a cemetery on my way to school (in the south of Holland) and all of us, on our bikes, would pass in silence, every day, year in year out.

Not everyone forgets.

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:

Americans do not do this. I have lived in the US (I am Dutch) for the past 17 years and have never once heard an American claim the right to respect because of World War II and what they did for us.

I have met several of the heroes who fought for us and liberated us. Amazing men. Your post should not have been made. I am sure your Dutch father taught you too to not say anything if you have nothing nice to say. We owe the Americans that much and a lot more.

[/quote]

I’m sure that in real life the people who act like the world owes them everything for sacrifices they themselves never made only dare to do this on the web.

My grandparents told me stories about WW2, how when the Nazis fell in Rome, American tanks were filled with soldiers that roamed the streets of Rome throwing Hershey chocolate bars to the people. That is something I would never read in some book, and the general attitude towards the US involvement is very positive.

With regard to Greece, they are kind of like the unkept mouth-breathers among the European Union. Nice beaches though.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

I got a kick out of that too. “HEY! 2300 years ago we were SUMTHIN ELSE so you’d better watch your step now, by golly.”[/quote]

You’ve only done this yourself about a million times.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]ironcross wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

I got a kick out of that too. “HEY! 2300 years ago we were SUMTHIN ELSE so you’d better watch your step now, by golly.”[/quote]

You’ve only done this yourself about a million times.[/quote]

Copy and paste, Clementine, copy and paste.[/quote]

No need to. If we just wait two seconds, or even page back through this thread, I’m sure you’ll do it again.