T Nation

German's Boo at U.S. Anthem

Did anyone catch the Klitchko fight on HBO? They had a woman singing the U.S. anthem and the crowd erupted in boos. How classy of the German’s. Maybe they were just showing us how much they appreciate Reagan tearing down the wall, I guess.

Anyways, I know Americans as a whole have not agreed with some countries foriegn policies, but I don’t think we have booed them while their national anthem was played at a major sporting event. Maybe they should be booed for cooking the Jews in ovens.

The only other country I think would of booed louder would probably be France, you know the country we helped save from the Germans(NAZIS) with the bloodshed and sacrifice of our forfathers. Keep booing Europe, until of course, you need us again, and trust me it won’t be too long. Thanks guys!

That Bush’s trip to South America and people starting riots (even though half would give their right hand to live here) it get’s so an American wants to be an isolationist

They know that booing people who might hit back is dangerous. They are cowards because they know we won’t do anything.

“Those who can’t beat the donkey beat the saddle.”
— old Roman proverb

Maybe they were booing the singer with the weird hair. She wasn’t that great. I noticed some booing in the beginning but it died down while she was singing.

Oh well, the joke’s on them. They paid a lot of money to watch a Ray Austin fight.

I was shocked to see in some cities in Sweden “Fuck USA” on walls. Anti-American slogans are also very popular among the youth in Switzerland.

The world has gone (been driven?) mad.

[quote]Jack_Dempsey wrote:
Maybe they were booing the singer with the weird hair. She wasn’t that great. I noticed some booing in the beginning but it died down while she was singing.

Oh well, the joke’s on them. They paid a lot of money to watch a Ray Austin fight.

[/quote]

The hair was kind of disturbing, it made Don King’s a look a lot better. Since Don is a republican, it must have been some type of right wing conspiracy. I can’t help but love Don King. He waved those flags throughout the entire thing, he is also a big supporter of our troops, God bless him!

Mexicans do this whenever the US plays them in soccer, and it happens here in the US!
At least we’ve been beating them, yeah baby.

They’re just booing George Bush. Bush is hated but there is a distinct separation between how they feel about Bush and how they feel about Americans.

Bush will be gone pretty soon, and then America can begin the process of rebuilding it’s international reputation.

[quote]Brad61 wrote:
They’re just booing George Bush. Bush is hated but there is a distinct separation between how they feel about Bush and how they feel about Americans.

Bush will be gone pretty soon, and then America can begin the process of rebuilding it’s international reputation.[/quote]

This is the kind of feeling I get from my French friends about how the general populous of France feels. Same with my friend in Denmark.

[quote]bradley wrote:
They’re just booing George Bush. Bush is hated but there is a distinct separation between how they feel about Bush and how they feel about Americans.

Bush will be gone pretty soon, and then America can begin the process of rebuilding it’s international reputation.[/quote]

Rubbish. You do know that the euro-weenies secretly laugh at you for trashing your own country and system of government.

There’s always a euro-weenie excuse for Anti-Americanism.

Here’s germany in the mid-1990’s:

They try to draw the line between the government and the people. However, when the majority of the voting public voted for GWB, you can’t parse them. Further, GWB received more American votes than any President in history.

As much as I disliked clinton, I knew the Anti-clinton, euro-weenie protests
were based on underlying Anti-Americanism. I knew they were attacking our system of government and our people directly. Even though I didn’t vote for clinton, I took umbrage.

I wasn’t fooled. If you keep agreeing with these tools, you shame the rest of us.

You and I can debate the merits of one of our candidates. However, like a family, let’s keep it in house. If your love of country trumps your love of your party, you’ll know what to do.

JeffR

[quote]JeffR wrote:
You do know that the euro-weenies secretly laugh at you for trashing your own country and system of government.[/quote]

I’m not trashing my country, Linguini Arms. This isn’t the Soviet Union, we’re allowed to criticize the president here. I know this doesn’t jibe with your totalitarian fantasies… tough shit. I don’t just want the federal government off my back, I want idiots like you off my back too.

Bush’s approval ratings (in America) are in the low 30s, high 20s. It’s quite easy to separate the sentiment about one of the least-popular presidents in American history, with sentiments about the average American.

Fucking DUH? There are more Americans now, then at any time in history. Did I really need to type that? The next president will get more votes than Bush did, and so on, down the line. Bush didn’t even win the popular vote in 2000, and he won by a razor-thin margin in 2004.

Get a clue, Bush is not popular in America anymore. Most Americans don’t even think he’s HONEST. He can’t even pass that simple test of ethics (basic honesty). I tell you what, when you stop brown-nosing Bush, I might start taking your opinion seriously. Until then, you come off like a partisan douchebag hack, and a not-so- very-smart one to boot.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
There’s always a euro-weenie excuse for Anti-Americanism.[/quote]

Seriously, people, how many free and democratic countries do you know that use terms similar to “anti-Americanism”? Personaly, the only one I know of is the US. Incidentally, such nationalistic BS is part and parcel of autocratic regime (think USSR).

I sure never heard of anti-Swedenism or anti-Norwayism before. Have you?

[quote]bradley wrote:
JeffR wrote:
You do know that the euro-weenies secretly laugh at you for trashing your own country and system of government.

I’m not trashing my country, Linguini Arms. This isn’t the Soviet Union, we’re allowed to criticize the president here. I know this doesn’t jibe with your totalitarian fantasies…[/quote]

Good morning, bradley. Are we cross?

You seem unusually agitated. I see two possibilities: 1. You are angered that I can find plenty of Anti-Clinton euro-weenie protests which effectively invalidates your theory. Or, 2. You aren’t taking your metamucil and your bowels are troubling you.

First, you are the penultimate democrat. You do know that you guys aren’t exactly known for a hands-off approach to federal, state, and local government.

Second, as long as you are in error, I’m going to be right here pointing it out.

[quote]However, when the majority of the voting public voted for GWB, you can’t parse them.

Bush’s approval ratings (in America) are in the low 30s, high 20s. It’s quite easy to separate the sentiment about one of the least-popular presidents in American history, with sentiments about the average American.[/quote]

Bush has himself to blame for those poll numbers. He is correct on his major decisions. However, he doesn’t have the ability or the desire to effectively manage his P.R.

He lets guys like you interpret his agenda.

[quote]Further, GWB received more American votes than any President in history.

Fucking DUH? There are more Americans now, then at any time in history. Did I really need to type that? The next president will get more votes than Bush did, and so on, down the line.[/quote]

Not true. See Ronald Reagan’s popular vote total versus GHWB and bill clinton. I’m not going to link it for you.

For the simple, Reagan received more votes than both GHWB and billy boy (twice).

He won by 3,500,000 votes. Ever seen that many people? It is an absolute SEA of voters.

When I read this, I laughed out loud. First of all, polls can kiss my ass. I’ve said it all along (even when they support a position I believe in). It’s how you ask the question.

To think of a guy who championed one of the greatest liars in all of our history to try to lecture anyone on ethics, makes me roar with laughter.

Ok, let’s have a poll. I’ll ask everyone here: Who is the single most partisan person on this forum?

Which person has never broken from straight party line?

Which person has never criticized their party’s leaders in any way shape or fashion?

Watch, bradley/lumpy/100 meters, you’ll win this. Oh, it won’t be by a “razor margin.”

Finally, bradley, I know part of the reason for your anger this morning is the fact that I can find euro-weenie demonstrations against billy boy in just about any country you name.

It invalidates your argument and proves the Anti-Americanism that is at the root of these protests.

If there is any doubt, let me know and I’ll link more pictures and sites.

Have a great day.

JeffR

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Finally, bradley, I know part of the reason for your anger this morning is the fact that I can find euro-weenie demonstrations against billy boy in just about any country you name.[/quote]

That is entirely true.

But in Billy’s time, the demonstrations were less frequent and drew less people. The reason for that is obvious; While there are no differences between the two parties in handling foreign affairs, I think the Dems do it in a more sneaky way (dare I say subtle?). Bush’s reign represented a peak in arrogance - that his father was too smart to display - and that’s the reason the US’s image is down the drain.

Clinton was a very bad man. Bush is the devil.

Klitschko is an adopted german national hero, every opponent of him gets booed, and the booing wasnt bad at all.

The only game i got tickets for during the 06 football world cup was Italy-Usa, and during the US anthem there was no one in a (mostly german)50,000 audience booing.

Btw, since when have americans turned into hypersensitive whiny pussies?

[quote]lixy wrote:
JeffR wrote:
Finally, bradley, I know part of the reason for your anger this morning is the fact that I can find euro-weenie demonstrations against billy boy in just about any country you name.

That is entirely true.

But in Billy’s time, the demonstrations were less frequent and drew less people. The reason for that is obvious; While there are no differences between the two parties in handling foreign affairs, I think the Dems do it in a more sneaky way (dare I say subtle?). Bush’s reign represented a peak in arrogance - that his father was too smart to display - and that’s the reason the US’s image is down the drain.

Clinton was a very bad man. Bush is the devil.[/quote] Yes,and when Billy Boy brought up Bin Laden and his bunch,the republican’s were to worried about his Blow Job.They said he was just trying to take the attention away from his sex scandal.Just goes to show where their head was at.On the important matters.

[quote]rony wrote:
lixy wrote:
JeffR wrote:
Finally, bradley, I know part of the reason for your anger this morning is the fact that I can find euro-weenie demonstrations against billy boy in just about any country you name.

That is entirely true.

But in Billy’s time, the demonstrations were less frequent and drew less people. The reason for that is obvious; While there are no differences between the two parties in handling foreign affairs, I think the Dems do it in a more sneaky way (dare I say subtle?). Bush’s reign represented a peak in arrogance - that his father was too smart to display - and that’s the reason the US’s image is down the drain.

Clinton was a very bad man. Bush is the devil. Yes,and when Billy Boy brought up Bin Laden and his bunch,the republican’s were to worried about his Blow Job.They said he was just trying to take the attention away from his sex scandal.Just goes to show where their head was at.On the important matters.

[/quote]

Hey, ronny. Thanks for the instructive post (sarcasm).

Sorry, but, I’m not going to let you get away with blaming Republicans for clinton’s failure to get bin laden. Apparently, he had a golden opportunity and he turned it down.

Oh, the blow job wasn’t the problem. I’m not going to write it out again.

JeffR

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Sorry, but, I’m not going to let you get away with blaming Republicans for clinton’s failure to get bin laden.[/quote]

True. But, Bush senior practically created Al-Qaeda. Reagan was busy slaughtering Central and South America in his so-called “fight against terrorism”. Bush Junior failed to catch Ben Laden despite killing hundreds of thousands and wrecking countries.

So, yes Clinton failed to catch him. But, Bush failed miserably!

[quote]Brad61 wrote:
They’re just booing George Bush. Bush is hated but there is a distinct separation between how they feel about Bush and how they feel about Americans.

Bush will be gone pretty soon, and then America can begin the process of rebuilding it’s international reputation.[/quote]

WRONG!
They booed our national anthem, if GWB was singing it, it would be different, he wasn’t. By the way, Americans would never do such a thing, and they have the audacity to call us arrogant. In booing that anthem, which embodys the great spirit of all the good things our GREAT country stands for, not limited too helping tear down that fucking wall a few years ago, they booed everything great our country has done for others including them. That anthem doesn’t represent GWB, neither does our flag that these assholes burn, it represents all that is and has been good about our country. Great men have died for what they stand for, you do know what they stand for don’t you: YOUR FUCKING FREEDOM! It represents all those who have spilt blood for many to have the OPPORTUNITY to have the same freedoms we do without oppression, most of the time they are ungratefull, go figure, but none the less it stands for those who are willing to sacrifice their lives for their freedom to be ungratefull. If you don’t like Bush, fine, I don’t like him either, but don’t show disrespect to all that is great about our country. If anyone should be ashamed of the actions of their leaders the Germans should or was the good old Nazi Socialist Workers party right and the U.S.A wrong?
Give me a break.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
rony wrote:
lixy wrote:
JeffR wrote:
Finally, bradley, I know part of the reason for your anger this morning is the fact that I can find euro-weenie demonstrations against billy boy in just about any country you name.

That is entirely true.

But in Billy’s time, the demonstrations were less frequent and drew less people. The reason for that is obvious; While there are no differences between the two parties in handling foreign affairs, I think the Dems do it in a more sneaky way (dare I say subtle?). Bush’s reign represented a peak in arrogance - that his father was too smart to display - and that’s the reason the US’s image is down the drain.

Clinton was a very bad man. Bush is the devil. Yes,and when Billy Boy brought up Bin Laden and his bunch,the republican’s were to worried about his Blow Job.They said he was just trying to take the attention away from his sex scandal.Just goes to show where their head was at.On the important matters.

Hey, ronny. Thanks for the instructive post (sarcasm).

Sorry, but, I’m not going to let you get away with blaming Republicans for clinton’s failure to get bin laden. Apparently, he had a golden opportunity and he turned it down.

Oh, the blow job wasn’t the problem. I’m not going to write it out again.

JeffR
[/quote]You can believe and say what you believe,it matters not to me .But when that whole affair was going on Newt and some of the boys were on the nightly news ,saying billy was just trying to distract away from monica with the bin laden deal.I also remember seeing your beloved ronnie reagan giving a speach where he said he was a Dem. & was downing the Repubs…Of course i guess that’s when they were trying to hide the fact that he was losing it.I deal with reality and dont make excuses for false idol’s and contribed notions.