German Volume Training Advice

I’m going to start a GVT workout cycle following as closely as humanly possible to the article. However, I do not wish to gain any weight. I would prefer to lose about 5 lbs while doing this. Or at least not gain hardly any.

I do plan to take some nice brisk 45-1hr walks about 4 times a week. (I enjoy them.)

So maybe what I’m asking is about my diet. How can I accomplish this.

(I am taking HOT-ROX and Alpha Male w/ the Carbolin 19 in it now.)

Also supping with Creatine and multi-v’s.

Any advice, flames or criticism would be helpful.

Thanks.

The food you eat just might come into play with your workout program and tablets.

What version of GVT are you doing?

Anywho, I would do the T-dawg Diet. And adjust your daily calories according to you objective.

And Poliquin recommends BCAA’s during your workout. He suggests no less than 20 grams, but if that isn’t feasible I would adjust according to your goal as well…

1. What is your training experience.
    2)This is primarily muscle gain routine, although it can cut fat as well. It is not the best way to lose fat, nor is it the best way to maintain muscle while losing fat. Why did you chose GVT for your goals?

[quote]btm62 wrote:
I’m going to start a GVT workout cycle following as closely as humanly possible to the article. However, I do not wish to gain any weight. I would prefer to lose about 5 lbs while doing this. Or at least not gain hardly any.

I do plan to take some nice brisk 45-1hr walks about 4 times a week. (I enjoy them.)

So maybe what I’m asking is about my diet. How can I accomplish this.

(I am taking HOT-ROX and Alpha Male w/ the Carbolin 19 in it now.)

Also supping with Creatine and multi-v’s.

Any advice, flames or criticism would be helpful.

Thanks. [/quote]

I gained eight pounds in a matter of weeks following AGVT and I didn’t even change my diet! GVT is NOT a weight loss programme. Try German recomposition training for fat loss.

Maybe you should do Meltdown Training by Don Alessi (it’s in the archives around here somewhere). Basically, circuit training, pretty much no rest, and big compound exercises for relatively high reps.

Another suggestion would be EDT.

GVT is probably not the best for fat loss (especially on restricted caloires, things just might not go so well).