German Drops Mayan Skull, Endangers Mankind

An ancient Mayan skull stolen from Tibet by Nazis - said to have magical powers to enable humanity to survive the December 2012 apocalypse - has been dropped by a lab assistant in eastern Germany, chipping its chin.

The volcanic rock skull, named Quauthemoc, was dropped - or, more eerily, may have fallen of its own accord - during a photo-shoot at a laboratory in the small town of Glauchau, Saxony.

“It was probably put down somewhere a bit wobbly,” an eye-witness told Bild newspaper. “Suddenly it crashed to the floor. A big piece broke off the chin. It’s really tragic.”

But the skull’s private owner - who was not in the room at the time of the fateful accident --was more sanguine.

“It was a bit of a shock at first, but then I found the damage was fairly marginal, so I was quite relieved,” skull-owner Thomas Ritter told The Local. “I don’t think it’s a bad omen.”

The 43-year-old amateur historian calls his Mayan skull Quauthemoc, and says it is one of 13 magic skulls that will help humanity survive the impending apocalypse on December 21, 2012 – the last day of the Mayan calendar.

On that day, Ritter plans to bring Quauthemoc to a meeting with the other owners and their skulls to an ancient Mayan site in Mexico.

“The prophecy says that the skulls will reveal a secret knowledge to humanity on that day,” said Ritter. “But I can’t say more than that. The skulls might start speaking or something, but I have no idea.”

The journey taken by Quauthemoc to the lab in Saxony is worthy of an Indiana Jones adventure -Ritter said it had been kept in southern India and Tibet, where it was stolen from a monastery by a Nazi expedition between 1937 and 1939.

After the war, it was found among the belongings of Nazi Interior Minister and Gestapo chief Heinrich Himmler, a well-known connoisseur of black magic and ancient pagan cultures.

Ritter wrote in 2009 that a man whose grandfather was present when Himmler was arrested and took the skull, later gave it to him at meeting in Wiltshire, southern England.

The man told Ritter that Quauthemoc had chosen to “continue its journey” with him.

Ritter said he was not concerned that the chip on the skull’s chin will limit its ability to prevent Armageddon.

“A lot of the other skulls have some kind of superficial damage too.” he pointed out, rejecting the theory that butter-fingered lab assistants in Saxony would be responsible if the world ends in December.

http://www.thelocal.de/society/20120510-42461.html

Fucking Germans. Always trying to end the world. :wink:

Better a chip on the chin than on the shoulder.

Bada-boom!

How is this not from the onion?

I find this a bit hilarious, specially when he mentions that the skull might talk.

Wow people really do like to indulge themselves in mindless shit don’t they, next they will probably come up with an idea that an all powerful being who lives in the sky will save us.

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
Wow people really do like to indulge themselves in mindless shit don’t they, next they will probably come up with an idea that an all powerful being who lives in the sky will save us.[/quote]

Yes, skull that might save the world from apocalypse is the same as there being a God. K.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
Wow people really do like to indulge themselves in mindless shit don’t they, next they will probably come up with an idea that an all powerful being who lives in the sky will save us.[/quote]

Yes, skull that might save the world from apocalypse is the same as there being a God. K.[/quote]

lol

We are ALL going to die.

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:

Lives in the sky?

You know what’s strange?

Why anyone would even feel that much of a need to say negative shit about the concept of God at every opportunity.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:

Lives in the sky?

You know what’s strange?

Why anyone would even feel that much of a need to say negative shit about the concept of God at every opportunity.[/quote]

Oh, I don’t do it often, it is fun though.

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:

Lives in the sky?

You know what’s strange?

Why anyone would even feel that much of a need to say negative shit about the concept of God at every opportunity.[/quote]

Oh, I don’t do it often, it is fun though. [/quote]

You may want to look into why. I personally don’t feel any impulse to randomly call out atheists for no reason or mock their intelligence. I guess I wouldn’t find that funny. My guess is finding it “hilarious” says way more about you.

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:

Lives in the sky?

You know what’s strange?

Oh, I don’t do it often, it is fun though. [/quote]

You may want to look into why. I personally don’t feel any impulse to randomly call out atheists for no reason or mock their intelligence. I guess I wouldn’t find that funny. My guess is finding it “hilarious” says way more about you.[/quote]

Why? Because the concept is stupid. It should be pointed out.

Edit: No, I’m wrong. If I point it out I shouldn’t say it’s stupid and I should invest a great deal of my time to convince people to think clearly.

I am no way prepared to spend any deal of time on this subject so I shouldn’t of said anything past my first few words.

My bad.

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:

Lives in the sky?

You know what’s strange?

Because those of us that are people of reason, not faith, are getting tired of nonsense and are starting to call it out when we see it. Nonsense is nonsense, even if it falls under the umbrella of religion. If I believe that saying some latin words over my pancakes turns them in to the body of Elvis Presley I am clearly full of shit and should be called on it. But if I believe the exact same thing about some crackers and the body of Jesus I’m a catholic and my beliefs are supposed to be respected? Not anymore. It is 2012 and it is time to leave the fairy tales of our past behind. Nonsense is nonsense.

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:

Lives in the sky?

You know what’s strange?

Because those of us that are people of reason, not faith, are getting tired of nonsense and are starting to call it out when we see it. Nonsense is nonsense, even if it falls under the umbrella of religion. If I believe that saying some latin words over my pancakes turns them in to the body of Elvis Presley I am clearly full of shit and should be called on it. But if I believe the exact same thing about some crackers and the body of Jesus I’m a catholic and my beliefs are supposed to be respected? Not anymore. It is 2012 and it is time to leave the fairy tales of our past behind. Nonsense is nonsense.
[/quote]

4 Billion people would disagree with you. Maybe YOU are the one who is wrong. Why are we supposed to believe your opinion but you can’t belive ours? Even better, just don;t comment on it. No one asked you.

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:

Lives in the sky?

You know what’s strange?

[/quote]

Unless you are claiming to be more intelligent than every person on the planet who believes in God to such a level as to make their own opinions invalid, you are simply voicing an opinion of non-tolerance. No one asked your opinion though…and no one did anything in this thread to instigate getting mocked for their beliefs.

You do that because of lack of respect…but then want someone to respect your own opinion?

Hey guys, a dummy German dropped a crystal skull from Indiana Jones 4…

three posts later

RELIGIOUS DEBATE!!!

(fuckin’ internet)

The unfortunate thing about being an atheist is other atheists…some of them start these discussion. As an atheist I’d rather not discuss it all and let people believe what they want to believe.

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:

Lives in the sky?

You know what’s strange?

[/quote]

Unless you are claiming to be more intelligent than every person on the planet who believes in God to such a level as to make their own opinions invalid, you are simply voicing an opinion of non-tolerance. No one asked your opinion though…and no one did anything in this thread to instigate getting mocked for their beliefs.

You do that because of lack of respect…but then want someone to respect your own opinion?[/quote]
“Faith” isn’t necessarily a product of intelligence, in fact it often exists in spite of. It’s more a consequence of social conditioning.

Excepting a handful of converts, people ultimately believe what they’re taught the world over.

You could isolate a group of kids and build a civilization of people worshipping purple alien poo wholeheartedly if you instilled it in them.

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:

Lives in the sky?

You know what’s strange?

[/quote]

Lol. Yes, making false generalizations of religious and making fun of religious to justify what you believe. Please go on and tell us how you’re a person of reason.

[quote]sandos wrote:

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:

Lives in the sky?

You know what’s strange?

[/quote]

4 Billion people would disagree with you. Maybe YOU are the one who is wrong. Why are we supposed to believe your opinion but you can’t belive ours? Even better, just don;t comment on it. No one asked you.[/quote]

Amount of people believing in something has nothing to do with the belief’s basis in fact. For a time, MOST people believed the Earth was flat. For a time MOST people believed droughts, famines, and other tragedies were caused by witchcraft or magical forces. The fact that lots of people believe something means nothing. You are right, maybe I am the one that is wrong. I am totally open to the idea, and I await the evidence that will show me I am wrong. What I espouse is NOT an opinion. It is a lack of belief. I don’t believe my car was made by unicorns. Its that an opinion? No, it is simply a belief for which there is no evidence, so I don’t hold it. I don’t believe a giant invisible spider caries the sun across the sky each day. Is this an opinion? No, it is a belief for which there is no evidence, so I don’t hold it. As far as not commenting because nobody asked…too bad. There is a minimum standard to which we should hold mentally healthy adults. If I tell you I truly believe the story of Jack and the Beanstalk you should judge me for that belief and call me out on it. Maybe I am mentally ill, maybe I am just weird, maybe I am too mentally lazy to think it through. Whatever the reason, believing in Jack and the beanstalk is not OK for a mentally healthy adult. Nonsense is nonsense and people of reason are serving notice that it will be called out, even if it used to be off limits because it is called “religion.”