German Body Composition Training

I am currently doing GBCT following this layout Lactic Acid Training for Fat Loss

I am doing it according to the time pattern and rep range etc, but the workouts to me are short and sharp and done in 20 mins. Is there any harm in adding extra training after doing the workouts? Or even doing more than one in a day so doing lets and arms together rather than on seperate days?

Thoguhts?

I tried that version of GBCT after doing the Advanced German Body Composition routine found here charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/ Article/291/German_Body_Comp_for_Athletes.aspx

I may simply not have been tough enough, but I did not find the version you are doing effective for me. Poliquin created the one you are doing on the assumption that more lactate = more growth hormone = more fat loss. I think CT and most of the other coaches on here would disagree with that assumption. The Athlete’s German Body Comp program I linked above was super effective for me and for others, and the workouts take longer. It would probably be more to your liking.

i agree with kingkai25,

the german body comp for athletes program gave me awesome results. will definitely run it again in a few months

Hi El Diablo

If you finished that workout in 20min it means you were doing it with the incorrect tempo.

That sample routine is not “typical” GBC by Poliquin. at least not the last time i check it. (6 months ago)

load should be 65%-70%

rest interval should be 45sec-60sec. 2min is way too long.

try with a tempo of 3010 or 3110

hope this helps.