Georgia's Strongest Man

http://www.nastrongmaninc.com/upcoming/upcoming_item.asp?UpcomingID=50

Here is the entry form. There is an open class and a Novice. If anybody has any questions please ask.

I’m in, I’ve been wanting to try strongman for a while. Since they offer a novice lightweight division I think this will be an awesome introduction to the sport.

Cool.

If anyone has any questions they PM me.

This is going to be a cool contest.

There will be trophies for the top 3 in each division. Water and Gatoraid will be provided for the athletes.

Pro Wrist Straps is sponsoring the Frame Deadlift. If you win the event in your division, and you are using their straps, then you will win a prize pack.

If you haven’t allready, check out their straps @ www.prowriststraps.com

[quote]MODOK wrote:
If only I hadn’t just pulled my clavicle loose from my body doing deadlifts…
Oh, who am I kidding, I’m waaay too weak. I’ll definitely go watch though.[/quote]

Fucking… ouch. Best of luck with recovery.

Definatly come and watch.

Admission to watch is free, just bring a lawn chair or something to sit in.

I’m in. This should be awesome.

Just wanted to remind everyone; you must have your NAS card to compete. U can buy one at the show or get one before. They are good for 1 year. Price is 20 bucks for teens, and 35 for adults.

What’s the difference between the novice and open classes? Does one need to meet some criteria to qualify for either one?

The novice class is open to people who have never competed in a NAS sanctioned strongman contest.

The open class qualifies you for nationals, the novice does not.

I encourage everyone who can handle the weights to compete in the open class.

Alright folks, got some news.

The medley time limit has been changed to 2 minutes. Considering the weights and distances this is more appropriate.

Heavy Grip Grippers and STRONG magazine are both sponsoring the contest. Their products will be included in the prizes.

We have 12 entries so far. This is pretty good considering how far out we are. Get your entries in quick; the order of competitors is based on when your entry is recieved; i.e. first entry recieved goes last. Open competitors, we have a lot of qualifying spots left, get your entries in.

You must have your current NAS card to compete.

If u are interested in training with the equipment call scott; PM me for his number. We train on the implements every saturday.

Any other questions please PM me.

Cool! I’ll be there! Thanks for the info.

Got the STRONG MAG sponsor pack in the mail today. John has sponsored some awesome shirts and great magazines for the contest. Check out John Beatty’s products at www.strongmagz.com

14 People signed up so far.

Are there weight divisions? Sorry if this has already been pointed out.

Okay, just saw the weight divisions.

A few updates and changes.

The event order has been changed, it will now go like this.

1)Log Press
2)Farmers Walk
3)Tire Flip
4)Frame Deadlift
5)Carrying Medley

The weights have also changed a very slightly bit on the frame, up slightly, but I think everyone will appreciate it because guys were getting 20+reps with it the way it was. I didn’t change it much, just a bit. This is how it is now.

LWN-430
HWN/LWO-510
MWO-570
HWO-610

Also, GorillaGold.Com is sponsoring some tacky towels for all the competitors. These towels give your hands a slight tacky feel, and they really help prevent bicep tears on the tire flip, so they will be allowed on the tire flip. Every competitor gets one.

Other than that, everything is going great. Post if you have questions.

Here is a competitor list. We have 22 people so far. We are only accepting 30 so get your entries in quick if you plan on competing, I have had a lot of verbals.

Women
Michelle Castelvecchi
Amber Suter

LW Novice
Andy Stolarik
Anson Castelvecchi
Young Kim
Rob Smith
Timothy Myrick
Trey Barker
John Strickland
Kent Smith
Wes Peart
Kara Bohigian

HW Novice
Tony Crawford

LW Open

MW Open
Chad Goddard
Jimmy Whisman
Joseph Quinn
Stephen Slausen
Johnathon Creason
Brett Tucek

HW Open
Jason Hehr
Lonny Fehr
Ryan Cox

Here is a competitor list. We have 24 people so far. We are only accepting 30 so get your entries in quick if you plan on competing, I have had a lot of verbals.

Women
Amber Suter

LW Novice
Curtis Yaun
Andy Stolarik
Anson Castelvecchi
Young Kim
Rob Smith
Timothy Myrick
Trey Barker
John Strickland
Kent Smith
Wes Peart
Kara Bohigian

HW Novice
Mac McAllister
Nick Davis
Tony Crawford

LW Open

MW Open
Chad Goddard
Jimmy Whisman
Stephen Slausen
Johnathon Creason
Brett Tucek

HW Open
David Bachelor
Jason Hehr
Lonny Fehr
Ryan Cox

The weighins will be on friday night from 6pm until 9pm @ the GNC in Villa Rica. It is located in the WalMart shopping center. That is inbetween the contest site and contest hotel, so it will be very easy to find. If you have any questions on how to get there call Scott (PM me for his number). Or PM me. You can also weigh in day of the contest if you prefer, but it would be best if everyone weighed in the night before.

GNC will be having a 3 hour sale during weighins. So if you need any supplements be sure to get them during weighins, because you will get a good deal.

[quote]Brett Tucek wrote:
Well then, I guess nobody else on this forum is going to compete.

I highly encourage anyone who is the least bit interested in strongman to come check the contest out.

…I mean, if nothing else, you’ll get to meet me. And that will be really really awesome. Well, probably.[/quote]

Georgia is a bit of a drive…