George W Bush on Hannity Special

President Bush came across well in that interview. A major factor in this is because we are almost two years into the Obama administration we are now able to make a comparison. Obama has been the president that Bush critics whine that Bush should have been and we can see what a failure he has been. The Obama and his administration have proven to be a rank amateurs next to the Bush and his administration.

Seems like a decent guy. Doesn’t erase the fact that massive mistakes were made under his leadership but at least I’d get a beer with him, which is more than I’d say for Obama

This thread proves my earlier point:

History, and time, is ALWAYS much “kinder” to a President than when they were in office; whether it be Nixon, Clinton, Carter, Bush…or Lincoln.

It SEEMS like it coming a lot sooner with Dubya, (when you consider that “history” is still “working through” the Carter Presidency)…

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
(when you consider that “history” is still “working through” the Carter Presidency)…

Mufasa[/quote]

Not true, we all know at this point that Carter was a total failure. After LBJ the worst modern day President. Not many even debate this any longer.

GW Bush will never claim the role of the best president in history. However I truly believe he was a GOOD MAN that was also honest. He never cheated on his wife and then lied about it. GW Bush was a president who made decisions which he believed to be the best for the ENTIRE nation.

Can Osain ever make that claim?? Where does he respect any life??

IMHO it boils down to morals.

[quote]kneedragger79 wrote:
GW Bush will never claim the role of the best president in history. However I truly believe he was a GOOD MAN that was also honest. He never cheated on his wife and then lied about it. GW Bush was a president who made decisions which he believed to be the best for the ENTIRE nation.

[/quote]

Not enough.

Not even close.

Well Mufasa the only reason that cred is coming to soon is because of how our current POTUS is doing, whether it be his fault or not him blaming it on the past 8yrs sounds like a little bitch to me. It just points to how bad he is doing.
Also Bush is a good man met both him and his folks while he was in his ranch in Crawford. Part of his military security… There we are nothing but aviators in a mobile home and someone is knocking on the door, mind you its Turkey day so its a somewhat gleeful but thinking of our families day. We thought it was the SS bringing us turkeys. Next thing you know the whole room is at attention buts whos there George Sr. and Barbara…bringing us our meals… Bush sr. is tall but they talked to us for 10 minutes before departing…
Also me and our pilot where outside doing a check while taking a smoke when here comes a dog around the corner and his owner right behind him…saluted him gave us a pep talk. I have to say one my top 2 thankgiving day memories…sorry if this is a hijack.

Also Bush had his bad moments but damn at least he holds himself accountable not the former POTUS. Name me one perfect president.

jre67t:

1. Dubya was his own former POTUS.

2. I think most would agree that what Dubya was “handed” from Clinton was far different from what the Obama was “handed” from Dubya.

Great story, by the way!

And what I posted was NOT a knock on Dubya; and I was not one to criticize him.

It’s more about the current President’s unrelenting critics.

But that’s Politics, I guess. When he’s gone, the GOP and Palin will figure it all out, right?

Mufasa

[quote]Sifu wrote:
President Bush came across well in that interview. A major factor in this is because we are almost two years into the Obama administration we are now able to make a comparison. Obama has been the president that Bush critics whine that Bush should have been and we can see what a failure he has been. The Obama and his administration have proven to be a rank amateurs next to the Bush and his administration. [/quote]

This is a very good point. Believe me I was no fan of Bush and never will be but Obama is so bad it makes Bush look not so bad in comparison. And that is really saying something. I think your amateur argument definitely holds water.

That being said, Obama is carrying out most of the same policies Bush was. Perpetual war for perpetual peace, bailing out the “Too big to fails”, exporting our industry and jobs overseas, and the absolute primacy of speculation and hot money. Obama is a Wall Street Democrat if there ever was one.

[quote]Charlemagne wrote:

That being said, Obama is carrying out most of the same policies Bush was. Perpetual war for perpetual peace, bailing out the “Too big to fails”, exporting our industry and jobs overseas, and the absolute primacy of speculation and hot money. Obama is a Wall Street Democrat if there ever was one. [/quote]

And if this is not proof that W was not a real fiscal conservative then I don’t know what is. People are blaming Bush (rightly and wrongly) for many of the financial ills that the country has. Well, watching Obama further carry out those policies should be first-hand evidence that IF you are criticizing W’s fiscal policies as dangerous you should NOT, under any circumstances, be praising Obama for doing even worse in the same way.

Also, this should be further evidence that “conservative” fiscal policies were not necessarily to blame for the troubles, because they were not “conservative” in the first place.

My apologies for the rather pedestrian phrasing, I wish I could find a better way to form the thoughts in mind but I don’t have any caffeine in my system and I’m getting ready to leave my computer (but I saw this and I wanted to comment before leaving).

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
<<< Also, this should be further evidence that “conservative” fiscal policies were not necessarily to blame for the troubles, because they were not “conservative” in the first place. >>>[/quote]
Disastrous liberal big government social engineering was what got us here regardless of whose names are attached. Hiring Obama, Pelosi and Reid to fix it was like pumping gasoline into your house to put out a fire.

Clinton didn’t leave the country in the best of times either. He left the country heading into a recession as well. Just not a big a recession as the current one. He also left the country vulnerable and without protection.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
jre67t:

1. Dubya was his own former POTUS.

2. I think most would agree that what Dubya was “handed” from Clinton was far different from what the Obama was “handed” from Dubya.

Great story, by the way!

And what I posted was NOT a knock on Dubya; and I was not one to criticize him.

It’s more about the current President’s unrelenting critics.

But that’s Politics, I guess. When he’s gone, the GOP and Palin will figure it all out, right?

Mufasa [/quote]

W was handed an economy that had peaked and was in decline, a budget surplus based on unrealistic expectations.