George Hackenschmidt.

What more can I say. I read some of his stuff and I believe he said it as good as you would expect from a world class athelete. Im in the beginning stages of my training so I saw it fit to study the beginning stages of modern day weight lifting itself. Any way here’s a book by him if your interested. Read as if trying to learn, not just for novelty purposes, and I gaurantee you learn a thing or two. sandowplus.co.uk/Competition/Hackenschmidt/wtl/wtl-intro.htm

I remember reading someplace that he used to lay flat on the ground, reach behind him, do a pullover with a barbell, then press it up from the chest, then lay it back down behind him. Supposedly he regularly did this with 300+ pounds.

Look at him !!! I believe that all the way. His tri’s are as big as some bodybuilders today and this guy was a champion cyclist.

The food chapter is fascinating. Who needs Berardi when Hackenschmidt was making the same recommendations 80 years ago?

From the book:

And:

I wouldnt go that far. While what the “Hack” sais about nutrition is true, simply reading him and ignoring Berardi would be like reading Einstein and ignoring the Physicists of today. Wouldn’t be wise given the technology advancement.

[quote]triple-10sets wrote:
I wouldnt go that far. While what the “Hack” sais about nutrition is true, simply reading him and ignoring Berardi would be like reading Einstein and ignoring the Physicists of today. Wouldn’t be wise given the technology advancement. [/quote]

I was kidding.