George Farah & Kai Greene Seminar Video

Just stumbled across this. Has some interesting, relatively candid parts.

Is it 53 minutes of Kai trying to answer a single question without anyone catching him peeking at his thesaurus?

Some interesting info in there. Thanks for sharing it.

I wonder what kai thinks about drugs…not. roids but lsd and shrooms…

Some very interesting stuff in there thanks for sharing

I lol’d at Kai rambling on about how you are attractive to undesirable people when you become successful after someone asked him a question about protein! Ha!

I would be interested to know what other people thought about farahs take on no carbs during or up to 30 mins post workout even when not dieting due to reducing natural gh…

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

I lol’d at Kai rambling on about how you are attractive to undesirable people when you become successful after someone asked him a question about protein! Ha!
[/quote]

That was a specific reference to one of Kai’s former buddies who has recently come out and been very vocal about how it was his advice that secured Kai’s 2nd place finish at the Olympia, not Farah’s. Even claims that Kai paid to have them both in different hotel rooms at the Olympia venue (sounds like an old Three’s Company plot line -lol).

S

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

I would be interested to know what other people thought about farahs take on no carbs during or up to 30 mins post workout even when not dieting due to reducing natural gh… [/quote]

That got my attention too. It’s one of those things where if you read up on it though you get 25 different opinions all opposing each other though. I guess the real question would be if natural GH levels would be raised enough during/post workout to make it relevant.

[quote]Rush88 wrote:

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

I would be interested to know what other people thought about farahs take on no carbs during or up to 30 mins post workout even when not dieting due to reducing natural gh… [/quote]

That got my attention too. It’s one of those things where if you read up on it though you get 25 different opinions all opposing each other though. I guess the real question would be if natural GH levels would be raised enough during/post workout to make it relevant.[/quote]

True, don’t know how much to read into this. Although he does reference assisted vs natural I’m guessing he’s more used to training assisted bb’ers although this shouldn’t matter anyway if they’re supplementing gh.
The only way to know for sure is to give it a try I guess
*(The carb thing not the gh) unless…

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

[/quote]

That was a specific reference to one of Kai’s former buddies who has recently come out and been very vocal about how it was his advice that secured Kai’s 2nd place finish at the Olympia, not Farah’s. Even claims that Kai paid to have them both in different hotel rooms at the Olympia venue (sounds like an old Three’s Company plot line -lol).

S[/quote]

I didn’t know any of that, interesting. His answer still didn’t seem to have any relevance to the question though

I would be interested to hear if any guys here follow that principle post workout?

more recently I see some guys discouraging anything but protein post workout.

I think it has a lot to do with fat burning I dunno if there is any benefit in regard to muscle building.

Thanks for posting the link to this, I spent some time checking it out today.

A few of my favorite parts:

“If you don’t have abs in the offseason, you’re not a bodybuilder.”

I also liked what he said about using cardio, especially in the off-season, as a way to increase nutrient absorption and ultimately build mass more effectively. He mentioned that this approach might work particularly well for skinny guys. Interesting.

Thanks for the post.

Definitely curious about the no carbs 30 minute post workout ordeal. Has an intermittent fasting feel to it, or maybe that’s just me? Wonder what he does for pre-workout nutrition, he did mention cortisol and breakfast as well, what carb pre-workout would go against what he wanted to do post workout right?

Kai sure can ramble on can’t he? lmao, no problems tho he ends up having something come across as good in the ramblings.

Love how Kai just starts tucking into food after only 15mins haha

I like him advocating not over doing the protein and focus on more health than looking good.

George :‘Like when people USED to do synthol’ hahaha