George Dubbya Bush

[quote]tGunslinger wrote:
I agree with you, but not quite in the same pejorative sense. [/quote]

Just to be clear, there was nothing pejorative about my comment. A man surrounded by teams of writers and advisors cannot be THAT clueless.

I heard it in the news that according to standardized test scores that were on record for Bush that his I.Q. was likely around 120. That makes him near the eightieth percentile. Hardly a stellar intellect but far from a simpleton.

Of course one would hope that the highest office in the U.S. that includes the position of commander in chief of the military would be a bit more exclusive than the eightieth percentile.

Interestingly the same report stated that John Kerry’s record indicated he and Bush were neck and neck on the bell curve of intelligence.

How ironic the drawbacks of majority rule can be. An eightieth percentile would never be good enough to attain the upper echelons of command in the U.S. military. But it was enough in our last election to secure both parties nomination to the office that holds the ultimate keys to that same military.

[quote]Heliotrope wrote:

[/quote]

I disagree. IQ tests shouldn’t come into play for a country’s leader. The qualities one should look for are dedication, common sense, and the willingness to serve the people (NOT some wealthy elite).

[quote]merlin wrote:
How on earth did the media make W seem dumber than he is? I provided a photo of the man, 50 quotes, and 3 videos of him. What you see if what you get. I didn’t even have to provide a statement or an essay. W simply does all his talking for himself. He’s so good at being a dumbass, the media would only help him seem more intelligent.

You don’t need to be coerced …not when you can watch this man in action, jerking your head back in disbelief. You can’t even make this kind of stuff up, who’d believe you? Some of this stuff is so fuckin’ crazy, I can’t even believe it, I think the videos are a figment of my imagination and I am in a dream.

Defending stupidity, we’re going down the fuckin’ drain …and fast! Defending the pluralistic reasoning to secure your own justifications of your own opinions …LUDACRIS! If my twin brother fucked an elephant, that’s on him. He’s a fuckin’ loon. Just because we have the same mother don’t make him sane!

merlin[/quote]

Everyone see my point?

[quote]Heliotrope wrote:
Of course one would hope that the highest office in the U.S. that includes the position of commander in chief of the military would be a bit more exclusive than the eightieth percentile.
[/quote]

Name the last president that was elected based on intelligence.

Last time I checked it was about sound-bites and money.

People want to laugh at Bush’s perceived stupidity - but there is no such thing as bad press.

I love the fact that the author of this thread prides himself in not being a conformist - yet falls most comfortably into the plush seats of the ABB peanut gallery.

Hypocrisy is not being non-conformist.

Limbic, my frog licking little friend - Bush is not Texan. Never forget that.

The guy has terrible foot in mouth disease. He even made fun of it himself on Saturday Night Live. The fact that he beat Sen. Kerry on the military intelligence test should tell you something.

If you listen to the mainstream media, you will hear that the republican is always some idiot, and the democrat is always some genius. And if the democrat looses, then the people just were not intelligent enough to understand him. This is almost a direct quote.

Anyone remember how Reagan was portrayed? A hell of a lot different then now.

Kennedy was Americas royalty. Nixon, evil crooked republican. Ford, dumb guy who fell down a lot. Carter, a “freaken genius”, who studied nuclear engineering in the military. (Actually I was supposed to do the same.) I knew a few guys who were also going into the same field, and I guarantee they were not geniuses.

Reagan, bumbling fool. Bush sr. Dullard. Clinton, Rhodes Scholar and “obviously” a genius. Gore was supposed to be another super genius, but beat by that “idiot”, and then again by the great intellect Kerry.

The story of Bush jr. getting a low IQ score turned out to be an internet myth, but you wont here that.

Now when are we going to quit gossiping, and discuss politics? When you talk about the person, it is gossip, and actually a way to not have to discuss the politics. Usually a sign a person cannot rationally argue a political position, so distraction ensues by attacking the person instead of the policy. (Am I repeating myself?)

There is no problem making fun of him. He dose produce a lot of “Bushisms”. But using this, or anything to produce hate only speaks about the person writing the hate. (You’d almost think Bush was Jewish, if you get my drift.)

[quote]merlin wrote:

How on earth did the media make W seem dumber than he is? I provided a photo of the man, 50 quotes, and 3 videos of him. What you see if what you get. I didn’t even have to provide a statement or an essay. W simply does all his talking for himself. He’s so good at being a dumbass, the media would only help him seem more intelligent.

[/quote]

I saw him at a (free) campaign rally in 2004. I wanted to see Kerry when he came to town but he was charging at least $ 200 a person.

Bush isn’t the greatest public speaker in the world but at the campaign rally he gave a long professional speech. He didn’t come off like an idiot at all.

If you had a camera pointed at you every waking moment you would probably leave quite a trail of foolishness. I know I would. Even Clinton who was one of the smoothest presidents ever made an ass out of himself on a regular basis and, if anything, there is much more media attention now than ever.

[quote]Heliotrope wrote:
I heard it in the news that according to standardized test scores that were on record for Bush that his I.Q. was likely around 120. That makes him near the eightieth percentile. Hardly a stellar intellect but far from a simpleton.

Interestingly the same report stated that John Kerry’s record indicated he and Bush were neck and neck on the bell curve of intelligence.

How ironic the drawbacks of majority rule can be. An eightieth percentile would never be good enough to attain the upper echelons of command in the U.S. military. But it was enough in our last election to secure both parties nomination to the office that holds the ultimate keys to that same military.
[/quote]

Good point. 120 is a little low for a president, I have that eclipsed and my president should be the one eclipsing me.

merlin

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
merlin wrote:

I saw him at a (free) campaign rally in 2004. I wanted to see Kerry when he came to town but he was charging at least $ 200 a person.

Bush isn’t the greatest public speaker in the world but at the campaign rally he gave a long professional speech. He didn’t come off like an idiot at all.

If you had a camera pointed at you every waking moment you would probably leave quite a trail of foolishness. I know I would. Even Clinton who was one of the smoothest presidents ever made an ass out of himself on a regular basis and, if anything, there is much more media attention now than ever.
[/quote]

The best I saw Dubbya do was in his nomination speech(speech writers …but still, he delivered). Clinton on the other hand could talk policy for days on end, and manage NOT to make it sound like it was comming from the “special ed” class down the hall.

Excuses are like assholes fellas, everybody has one. Stop making them! The guy is an IDIOT period. Trying to justify idiocy does speak volumes for your own intelligence …it really does. There are some smart posters in here that give their IQ points away for free when a G.W.B. post comes along.

I would rather you just botch 100 words in your post/essay and have 150 typos with 2nd grade grammer, as long as you made some LOGICAL sense and actually thought for yourself in some NON self-serving, I’m better than YOU, obviously insecure & justifying way …then your posts wouldn’t sound so meaningless and uninspirational like(insert those posting who need BIG WORDS here) and be a little more truthful and less high on the hog by using LOGIC and some common sense.

Simpleton’s posts are actually much better than those who try to speak so eloquently to communicate. The best forms of communication are those that get their point across by making it SIMPLIER… NOT COMPLICATED. The posts that present BIG arguments or solid points, NOT big words and illogical points.

You should be able to get your point across effectively with near nothing. I posted nothing but quotes/videos and a photo(I didn’t even have to type a word to show that W was a goofy fuck with the intellectual capacity of a blade of grass. There are some people in these forums who couldn’t argue their way out of a B.S. traffic ticket, I don’t even know why they post. No influence what-so-ever!

Usually the posts I see that make way on little LOGIC usually have some of the more “college dictionary” words in them. NOT trying to hide something here are we fellas? Maybe the fact that your post’s quality is for SHIT. Add a few more BIG words in how idiosyncratic germaneness it and allotment accede appositeness it sounds …this way noone will understand you and you will have influenced a sphere that includes none other than yourself.

Add a FUCK and a FACT in your post. You won’t sound so much like well …an incompetent asshole(Republican).

merlin

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Everyone see my point?[/quote]

No thunderbolt23, you often have NO point …you are as dull as the pencil that spent too much time writing illogical essays. The only point I’ve seen you TRY to make is to deny reason, in hopes of tooting your own horn in some cloudy way. Some of us don’t wear foggy goggles. We see right through your eversoclear ways. Add some color to a post, being bland is as boring as well …confirming conformity.

merlin

[quote]merlin wrote:

merlin [/quote]

If the topic is making an ass of yourself you are succeeding admirably. Kudos for staying on topic.

[quote]merlin wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
tGunslinger wrote:

While I haven’t loved W. as POTUS, I do think he is far more intelligent than the media make him out to be.

Exactly - but the critics in this retarded vein need something to feel all superior about, since very few opportunities otherwise present themselves?

Bush deserves plenty of criticism - well, grown up criticism - but plenty of it.

And have you ever noticed that the legions of people who can’t stop beating the “Bush is stupid” drum aren’t exactly rocket scientists? Maybe Bush is really, really stupid - but that seems an odd claim coming from people who actually stare up at him on the IQ scale.

You don’t need to be coerced …not when you can watch this man in action, jerking your head back in disbelief. You can’t even make this kind of stuff up, who’d believe you? Some of this stuff is so fuckin’ crazy, I can’t even believe it, I think the videos are a figment of my imagination and I am in a dream.

Defending stupidity, we’re going down the fuckin’ drain …and fast! Defending the pluralistic reasoning to secure your own justifications of your own opinions …LUDACRIS! If my twin brother fucked an elephant, that’s on him. He’s a fuckin’ loon. Just because we have the same mother don’t make him sane!

merlin

[/quote]

merlin, I think a lot of this stuff they come up with literally, LITERALLY, emanates from .mil internet addresses. It’s just TOO fucking stupid otherwise.

[quote]tGunslinger wrote:
The media-created caricature of W is that of a man who can’t sign his own name without a spell-check and needs an instruction book for his toilet paper. This is obviously not the real Bush.

Further, it was advantageous for Bush to cultivate this image when his opponents, especially Kerry, presented themselves as brilliant, Ivy-League academics. It made Bush look better and his opponents look worse when they were on-stage together, and the ‘aw-shucks’ Texas simpleton could hold his own with the Ivory Tower prodigy.

Think about this:

If the entire world was bound and determined to paint you as a doddering fool, and you did not have the public speaking skills to convince them otherwise, could you overcome that, and even use it to your own advantage, to win two national elections? Or would you simply fade away, dunce cap firmly planted on your head?

I’m not arguing that W. possesses a transcendent intellect, merely that he is a lot smarter than the dumb-as-a-post caricature that has been created for him. He is smart enough to have used that negative image to his advantage.[/quote]

He can not withstand intelligent opposition because he is not of the firm, the firmament if you will. He grew up a rich kid aware of inconsistencies in his daddy’s world that he’s never resolved for himself. He is a product of his upbringing.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

Limbic, my frog licking little friend - Bush is not Texan. Never forget that. [/quote]

His family is originally from Connecticut?

rainjack, stop promoting lesbians, play-lesbians, and murdered sons of republican lesbians as our role models.

[quote]The Mage wrote:
The guy has terrible foot in mouth disease. He even made fun of it himself on Saturday Night Live. The fact that he beat Sen. Kerry on the military intelligence test should tell you something.

If you listen to the mainstream media, you will hear that the republican is always some idiot, and the democrat is always some genius. And if the democrat looses, then the people just were not intelligent enough to understand him. This is almost a direct quote.

Anyone remember how Reagan was portrayed? A hell of a lot different then now.

Kennedy was Americas royalty. Nixon, evil crooked republican. Ford, dumb guy who fell down a lot. Carter, a “freaken genius”, who studied nuclear engineering in the military. (Actually I was supposed to do the same.) I knew a few guys who were also going into the same field, and I guarantee they were not geniuses.

Reagan, bumbling fool. Bush sr. Dullard. Clinton, Rhodes Scholar and “obviously” a genius. Gore was supposed to be another super genius, but beat by that “idiot”, and then again by the great intellect Kerry.

The story of Bush jr. getting a low IQ score turned out to be an internet myth, but you wont here that.

Now when are we going to quit gossiping, and discuss politics? When you talk about the person, it is gossip, and actually a way to not have to discuss the politics. Usually a sign a person cannot rationally argue a political position, so distraction ensues by attacking the person instead of the policy. (Am I repeating myself?)

There is no problem making fun of him. He dose produce a lot of “Bushisms”. But using this, or anything to produce hate only speaks about the person writing the hate. (You’d almost think Bush was Jewish, if you get my drift.)[/quote]

Your rebuttal is weak. You argue policy diversion for idiocy. The person is the policy. You sell yourself. Bush’s policy is easy to dispute(clusterfuck of a presidency here), his persona is the question at hand. Can he really be this big of an idiot? Someone prove us all wrong. Say it aint so.

Is our country in this bad of shape? This is the best we have to offer to seat in the White House? Is our election process a joke? Do we even have a real say in the election process(same two families for three decades). Do we not have any more intelligent beings in America to choose from, is this the best we have? What the fuck went wrong? Are people losing their power to the ruling elite, no matter how incompetent they are. How do we change this fuck-upISM in American politics? Do we just stand by and HOPE we don’t get another fuck up come 2008?

The real question most of you forget to ask …if humans recreate trauma/chaos, then why do we let it pass through the floodgates? There is no control issue here? Are we out of control an refuse to break the cycle or stop the insanity? Not alot of thinkers/leaders left, just followers and conformist. No balls and no brains.

Should we all just accept propaganda and perpetuate the cycle by standing by and becoming immobile? There is no purpose for war other than to serve itself, you’re taught the opposite of this and it becomes accepted. So widely accepted that it becomes global and a threat to humanity. Denial is almost a given, widely accepted. The first step in change is recognition. And YOU(you know who you are) couldn’t recognize idiocy if it was standing in front of you and kicked you in the NUTZ! Repeating chaos is easy, this was learned and triggered as acceptable conformation. Stopping it takes work. Alot of lazy mother fuckers in this country.

merlin

[quote]merlin wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
Everyone see my point?

No thunderbolt23, you often have NO point …you are as dull as the pencil that spent too much time writing illogical essays. The only point I’ve seen you TRY to make is to deny reason, in hopes of tooting your own horn in some cloudy way. Some of us don’t wear foggy goggles. We see right through your eversoclear ways. Add some color to a post, being bland is is as boring as well …confirming conformity.

merlin[/quote]

One would think that with a supposed 120 IQ, you could do better than the “conformity” stuff you have been getting off on lately.

But, I guess when you learn a new word, it helps to use it as often as possible. Too bad you aren’t intelligent enough to actually grasp the definition - as your entire existence is nothing more than a poorly educated college kid’s desire to belong.

I have to call bullshit on the 120 IQ.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

If the topic is making an ass of yourself you are succeeding admirably. Kudos for staying on topic.[/quote]

If the definition of being an ass is telling the truth & telling it the way it is, instead of CONFORMING to some popular opinion or illogical reasoning to justify those common interests …then I’ll gladly be the ass for the donkey this time.

At least I stand for something other than a fart in the wind. You won’t even make a difference other than to change a confirmation number …and the number aint right.

There are a million more like you Zap, nobody will ever even notice you in a crowd. You blend right in with the rest of the stench in the air. You may as well state some more excuses for your failing president.

Justify it some more, see if you can’t convince yourself that he’s a genius and fill that doubt in your mind and your own philosophy. See if you can’t totally convince yourself that the idicoy is here to saty and ITS the thing to do.

If you can’t beat em’, join em’ …right? That’s obvious. Well, its the unpopular eccentrics that will be used to absolve the problem. Patriots always look like traitors because they didn’t conform to stupidity. Reason wins out in the end, not rationalism. Stupidity is for the birds, go fly with the rest. I saw your flock heading south.

merlin

[quote]rainjack wrote:
merlin wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
Everyone see my point?

No thunderbolt23, you often have NO point …you are as dull as the pencil that spent too much time writing illogical essays. The only point I’ve seen you TRY to make is to deny reason, in hopes of tooting your own horn in some cloudy way. Some of us don’t wear foggy goggles. We see right through your eversoclear ways. Add some color to a post, being bland is is as boring as well …confirming conformity.

merlin

One would think that with a supposed 120 IQ, you could do better than the “conformity” stuff you have been getting off on lately.

But, I guess when you learn a new word, it helps to use it as often as possible. Too bad you aren’t intelligent enough to actually grasp the definition - as your entire existence is nothing more than a poorly educated college kid’s desire to belong.

I have to call bullshit on the 120 IQ. [/quote]

Oh lord …the biggest TEXAN on earth shows up to support his fellow douchebag. Why am I not surprised?

I’m older than you son, be careful who you call “kid”. You are the worst represenative the “conservatives” have, let them argue(they’re much more inept). You argue because you are too stupid not to, you the little boy who saw his daddy beat his mom and you become the abuser). You don’t think, you only react.

Let your friends argue for you, they do a much better job. The last time a TEXAN tried to argue he completly fucked up the whole “Fool me once” saying. Rainjack …you have no reason. Therefore, you are not worth my time. Goodbye.

merlin

[quote]rainjack wrote:
merlin wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
Everyone see my point?

merlin

I have to call bullshit on the 120 IQ. [/quote]

Almost forgot, I take it you don’t like the word “conformist”. I know it sucks, but that’s exactly what you are. Too bad you don’t stand very tall, deal with it or stop conforming to stupidity.

The only reason you are an idiot Rainjack is because you CHOOSE to be. I choose not to defend W no matter if I agree with him or not. He is an IDIOT. Therefore, it will be well noted!

merlin

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
merlin wrote:

merlin

Everyone see my point?[/quote]

Yup. Nailed it.