George Carlin, Conspiracy Nutcase

George Carlin talks about the problems of education.

Too bad he’s wrong! Man I can’t wait till we can throw these guys in jail or at least kill them a little bit.

Tolerance is a sign of weakness.

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/52091/George_Carlin_Education_And_The_Elite.html

He’s a bit unhinged but not too far off the mark.

If you aren’t the owner chances are you are one of the owned.

That was good, thanks. There’s at least one phony George Carlin ranting essay that’s floating around on the internet (he didn’t write it) so it’s good to hear one straight from the horse’s mouth.

That was actually pretty fun. I don’t disaggree with his sentiment. He must be getting wise in his old age. My problem with Carlin is he is a social commentator not a comedian. Comedians are supposed to be funny which he is not.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
That was actually pretty fun. I don’t disaggree with his sentiment. He must be getting wise in his old age. My problem with Carlin is he is a social commentator not a comedian. Comedians are supposed to be funny which he is not.
[/quote]

No, he’n not just a comedian-- he’s an entertainer. Just like the untalented actors who become untalented musicians and vice-versa. At least he has talent and isn’t mistaken for the many “Journalists” that recite news commentary from a teleprompter.

When did commentary replace objectivity in news? No matter what news happens to be on there is always someone putting a spin on it and analyzing it and not presenting it as a report but as a “matter-of-fact”. I think someone on this site described it as “offering closure” where there may not actually be any.

He’s dead on about everything he stated here. Loved it.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
pat36 wrote:
At least he has talent and isn’t mistaken for the many “Journalists” that recite news commentary from a teleprompter.

When did commentary replace objectivity in news? No matter what news happens to be on there is always someone putting a spin on it and analyzing it and not presenting it as a report but as a “matter-of-fact”. I think someone on this site described it as “offering closure” where there may not actually be any. [/quote]

True. That is why I no longer watch the news. Crap is passed off as fact and people just buy it blindly.

An Actual British Government poster outside a London Metro station. And you thought all the talk of a “police state” was just fear-mongering.

I didn’t know where to throw this in, so I just chose this thread.

[quote]ssn0 wrote:
An Actual British Government poster outside a London Metro station. And you thought all the talk of a “police state” was just fear-mongering.

I didn’t know where to throw this in, so I just chose this thread.[/quote]

Thank you Winston. Please remain seated, the Thought Police will be with you shortly.