Genetics Damn Genetics

Right on! very educational thread. I really like these. My fitness “big picture” is divided into 3 parts–wt. training, cardio, and nutrition (diet). I guess it is jason n.'s “what goes on in the gym” expanded. With help, I managed a decent weight loss (see the “fatty” post on me). Alot of people pick their genetic strong points and ignore the weaker ones, too. Fat guys benching a good amount in good form–but have trouble handling a flight of stairs, naturally lean ons, so vascular, again the stairs problem, I’ve seen fatter guys that beat me to bits on cardio. The “look” doesn’t automatically mean “fit”. In my view, I need to concentrate in my genetically weaker areas a little more than just picking my own “ego boosers”. A person can have a genetically doomed “physique”, which is outward appearance, and a fit interior–where fitness really counts, in my view. please continue–this is great. I second the motion to your non-arrogant knowledge expression, jason n.!!

“Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.”
-Washington Carver

If you ask me its another facit of our cultures inability to take responsibility for themselves. I know htat i personally have had a bitch of a time putting on muscle (easy to put on fat) and gain strength, AFter years of experimenting i think ive finally found something that will work for me. THe notion that some people will never derive benefit from any type of training is absurd.