Genetics? (Bulked)

I am in a bulking phase at the moment where I am getting ALOT of calories in so I want to know if you all think ive put on QUALITY muscle in this phase or if I just slopped on abunch of fat. (The picture of my most muscular is shit lighting but I was lean in this picture, probably around 170ish) Other pictures are all of me bulked (195-203) CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM thank you all.

pretty tough to tell, but honestly, it looks like you put on a whole lot more fat than muscle. How much have your lifts progressed? This is usually a good indicator of progress.

My bench max went from 180 to 260, squat went from 335 to 405, deadlift was 405 at 170ish not sure what it is now, Would you like more pictures? Just ask and ill find some more. (what poses ext.)

This is my back. (This is my best muscle group)

Try to get pictures that are in the same pose. Otherwise it’s way too hard to tell what the difference is.
Cheers. Nice strength progression though.

All of my posing pictures are from around my 180s, I have barely any of when I was REALLY lean, I have this one back shot from wrestling last year (163) I’m just wondering genetics wise how am i?

That’s considerable progress on your lifts, so obviously you put on some quality muscle.

Nobody can give you any real guess as to where your genetics can take you. Sorry to break that to you. But would it really matter anyway? If someone told you that you had shitty genetics, would you train differently? What if they told you that your genetics were the best in the world? It shouldn’t matter either way. Plenty of people have had great success in bodybuilding with less than ideal genetics for the sport, and plenty of guys with great genetics have failed. Eat and train like a monster, and hope that’s what you eventually become.

Good luck.

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t really tell from the pics what the fat to muscle ratio would be in regards to the increase in body mass. However, if your lifts progressed as much as you stated, then I’d say good job on putting on some quality muscle too, with complementary TM number increases.

If, as you noted in the other thread, you feel you’ve reached a level of ‘fatness’ that you’re no longer comfortable with, follow a cutting regiment that suits you best and lean out for summer (again if that’s your goal as you posted in the cutting thread).

I just looked back a realized that at 182 I hit the 260 bench I haven’t been training flat bench or squats lately so I don’t know what my max would be, should I go back to strength training for a month to see what I can do at 200?

[quote]Swoleheim wrote:
I just looked back a realized that at 182 I hit the 260 bench I haven’t been training flat bench or squats lately so I don’t know what my max would be, should I go back to strength training for a month to see what I can do at 200?[/quote]

Dude, only you can answer these questions. I don’t know what your goals are, so I can’t tell you how to reach them. If you define your goals more clearly, that would help. If your goal is to be stronger, a ‘strength training’ template makes sense. If your goal is to look good naked, maybe a bodybuilding-style template is right for you. Or a fat-loss oriented program of some sort.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Swoleheim wrote:
I just looked back a realized that at 182 I hit the 260 bench I haven’t been training flat bench or squats lately so I don’t know what my max would be, should I go back to strength training for a month to see what I can do at 200?[/quote]

Dude, only you can answer these questions. I don’t know what your goals are, so I can’t tell you how to reach them. If you define your goals more clearly, that would help. If your goal is to be stronger, a ‘strength training’ template makes sense. If your goal is to look good naked, maybe a bodybuilding-style template is right for you. Or a fat-loss oriented program of some sort.[/quote]

Im on a good training program at the moment, My goal is to be big enough to crack sidewalks.

[quote]Swoleheim wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Swoleheim wrote:

Dude, only you can answer these questions. I don’t know what your goals are, so I can’t tell you how to reach them. If you define your goals more clearly, that would help. If your goal is to be stronger, a ‘strength training’ template makes sense. If your goal is to look good naked, maybe a bodybuilding-style template is right for you. Or a fat-loss oriented program of some sort.[/quote]

Im on a good training program at the moment, My goal is to be big enough to crack sidewalks.[/quote]

Then I feel like your other thread on how best to cut is a mistake. You need clearer goals.

Incidentally, I’m intrigued how much strength you think you’ll gain in a month on any strength program?

Bulk does not mean getting fat.

[quote]Swoleheim wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Swoleheim wrote:

Im on a good training program at the moment, My goal is to be big enough to crack sidewalks.[/quote]

You have a long way to go to be cracking sidewalks, but keep working hard and eating like a beast. You have a decent foundation and what looks like decent genetics. What are your goals besides being big?

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]Swoleheim wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Swoleheim wrote:

You have a long way to go to be cracking sidewalks, but keep working hard and eating like a beast. You have a decent foundation and what looks like decent genetics. What are your goals besides being big?[/quote]

Maybe the IFBB one day? Hopefully, Thats why I was asking genetic wise because I know IFBB’s that were monsters at 16 let alone 18.

Stop comparing yourself to others and just build the best body you can

[quote]Swoleheim wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]Swoleheim wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Swoleheim wrote:

You have a long way to go to be cracking sidewalks, but keep working hard and eating like a beast. You have a decent foundation and what looks like decent genetics. What are your goals besides being big?[/quote]

Maybe the IFBB one day? Hopefully, Thats why I was asking genetic wise because I know IFBB’s that were monsters at 16 let alone 18.[/quote]

I have a few close friends that are competing in the higher ranks of national NPC shows. The amount of genetics and drugs needed is unreal to even go pro much less make a living at it. It is a great goal and a lofty ambition, but I wouldn’t bank on it.

I am not saying you won’t, but with the genetics I see the odds are stacked against you. I know at your age IFBB pros seem glamorous and all, but that is not the reality. It is a hard, dedicated, and drug filled lifestyle with no guarantees.

I agree with though just keep at it and hitting small goals. You are still young with plenty of time to grow and advance. Just remember it is a marathon and not a sprint.