Geneticist: Cloning Neanderthal Possible

http://news.yahoo.com/cloning-neanderthals-safety-ethical-hang-ups-193646442--abc-news-health.html

This has so many crazy possibilties if ever completed

Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!! Now we can Remake Blazing Saddles.

Theirs a bit of Neanderthal in all of us. Literally. Our ancestors had some caveman sex with them. We share a % of their genes.

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:
Theirs a bit of Neanderthal in all of us. Literally. Our ancestors had some caveman sex with them. We share a % of their genes. [/quote]

I think there’s even a DNA test you can get that will see how much neanderthal you have in you. They also have them for matriarchal and patriarchal lineage assessment of where your genes came from.

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:
Theirs a bit of Neanderthal in all of us. Literally. Our ancestors had some caveman sex with them. We share a % of their genes. [/quote]

Either adam and eve were neanderthal or they were not, so we share 0% or 100% of neanderthal genes.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

Either adam and eve were neanderthal or they were not, so we share 0% or 100% of neanderthal genes.[/quote]

Yes, the entire human population is a result of inbreeding. The first generation after Adam and Eve must have been awkward…

I’m willing to bet someone will step up and want to give birth to a Neanderthal but will be stopped from doing so for obvious ethical reasons.

This is why the great flood happened, these sub-humans had to be wiped out, but not ALL of them were, which is why some people have traces of their DNA and now they’re returning via our latest DNA
Harboring and Hi Tech.
We are being psychologically ‘primed’ for this to be acceptable via hollywood…DNA Hybrids.
“Hanna”, “Splice”, the latest “Bourne” movie…etc. etc.
Fiction/Fact is merging, the ‘priming’ for hybrids are everywhere, what’s Monsanto doing with the seeds?
Playing “God”…manipulating the DNA of seeds, indirectly playing around with our DNA eating
Monsanto’s by products and fuckin’ up our health in the process.
The endgame doesn’t look good here, this can’t end well.

[quote]Karado wrote:
This is why the great flood happened, these sub-humans had to be wiped out, but not ALL of them were, which is why some people have traces of their DNA and now they’re returning via our latest DNA
Harboring and Hi Tech.
We are being psychologically ‘primed’ for this to be acceptable via hollywood…DNA Hybrids.
Fiction/Fact is merging, the ‘priming’ for hybrids are everywhere, what’s Monsanto doing with the seeds?
Playing “God”…manipulating the DNA of seeds, indirectly playing around with our DNA eating
The endgame doesn’t look good here, this can’t end well.[/quote]

…wtf did I just read?

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would think that the world needz mooooaar slightly retarded people with heavy brow ridges.

Does not compute.

[quote]detazathoth wrote:

[quote]Karado wrote:
Harboring and Hi Tech.

…wtf did I just read?[/quote]

[quote]detazathoth wrote:

[quote]Karado wrote:
Harboring and Hi Tech.

…wtf did I just read?[/quote]
Scientology?

I just keep thinking about all of the scenarios that could take place if they actually clone a freaking neanderthal. It is so weird for me to say those words ‘clone a neanderthal’ lol wow!

‘The Truman Show’ type documentation? It’s just endless what could come from this in craziness.

Hate to burst your bubble guys:

http://news.yahoo.com/scientist-im-not-seeking-mom-neanderthal-215347543.html

He was misquoted in the original article. He said it should be possible to do, but he’s not actively working on it.

Soon enough they will be cloning animals to prevent food shortages in the future. We’ll be cloning giant cows and making meat in labs. We’ll continue to do stuff to crops to increase yield and output.

In other technological fronts, nanotechnology will likely play an important role in creating solutions in energy and clean water. The latter is particularly significant because I’ve read that many people believe shortages of clean water will become one of the most important issues facing the world in the next 30-50 years. We need technology that will be able to desalinate sea water and dirty water in a cost-effective and efficient way.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

Either adam and eve were neanderthal or they were not, so we share 0% or 100% of neanderthal genes.[/quote]

You are obviously 100% neanderthal if you base your reasoning for this argument on a fairy tale about a two people who appeared out of thin air naked, in a garden, fucking to create the human race.

“You are obviously 100% neanderthal if you base your reasoning for this argument on a fairy tale about a two people who appeared out of thin air naked, in a garden, fucking to create the human race.”

Is that any more of a fairy tale than you evolved from a Monkey or that our ancestors
were space aliens that seeded the planet?
What philosophy do you subscribe to?

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
We need technology that will be able to desalinate sea water and dirty water in a cost-effective and efficient way.[/quote]

Define we. If you live in a desert and piss away your water resources by trying to have green grass for a lawn, yes, you might need water. If you live in a temperate zone, might not be your problem.

…and here comes “the debate”

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Soon enough they will be cloning animals to prevent food shortages in the future. We’ll be cloning giant cows and making meat in labs. We’ll continue to do stuff to crops to increase yield and output.
[/quote]

there is no food shortage, it’s this image the media has sold us. There is more than enough food to feed the world twice over, it’s unevenly distributed and we waste an enormous amount of food (enough to feed africa daily)