T Nation

Genetically Gifted?

Some people can put on muscle mass easier than others, sometimes, much easier. People would say this individual is genetically gifted. What does that mean exactly, in scientific terms? Does this specifically mean they have higher testosterone levels? Less myostatin inhibitors (okay, at this point I’m talking out of my ass), but you guys get the point.

Well it would be multiple levels they are in many ways predisposed to be athletic bulid hormones etc, like you listed, AND IMO mentally they just work damn hard.

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
Well it would be multiple levels they are in many ways predisposed to be athletic bulid hormones etc, like you listed, AND IMO mentally they just work damn hard.

Phill[/quote]

I think some people have the propensity to “hold” muscle mass without eating properly, training smartly, or resting appropriately. My roommate is a good example: he drinks 4 nights a week, does the same workout routine every time he goes to the gym (which is 2 or 3 times a week for an hour), and he hardly eats anything. However, he’s about 5’11 and weighs 200 lbs of pure Greek God muscle.

It makes no sense, but it is what it is.

I work for every lb of lean muscle that I get. It aint easy, it aint fun, but it is worth it and I feel more accomplished in the end.

Aside from natural Testosterone levels some people have more muscle fibers than others. They might have better connective tissue that lets them train with less injury downtime.

[quote]SkinnySwimmer wrote:
Aside from natural Testosterone levels some people have more muscle fibers than others. They might have better connective tissue that lets them train with less injury downtime. [/quote]

some people naturally have more efficient cns,
the more efficient ur cns the more muscles u recruit, the stronger you get, the more muscles you gain,

Some people have more effecient mitochondria which gives them ability to eat more junkfood and food overall and not gain fat.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I think that most people with a serious African heritage, not the average black american, I mean dark African, have good genetics.

Also if the parents were aggressive athletes I feel that has something to do with it.

And finally the choices they made during puberty can affect how they develop. Like if one were to participate in sports and stay active, his body will develop to maintain that lifestyle.

[quote]Roy wrote:
I think that most people with a serious African heritage, not the average black american, I mean dark African, have good genetics.

Also if the parents were aggressive athletes I feel that has something to do with it.

And finally the choices they made during puberty can affect how they develop. Like if one were to participate in sports and stay active, his body will develop to maintain that lifestyle.[/quote]

Seriously dude, that’s just ignorant. Not calling you stupid because I thought the same thing, but then I went to East Africa for 7 weeks. I visited the largest city in Kenya and stayed over 5 weeks in the thrid largest city. In that time I went to several villages and spent most days walking around aimlessy.

I was taller than most everyone I came across…by alot. At the time I was 6’ tall and 180 pounds and they thought I was huge.

They seemed to think that Americans were big and strong, and a couple told me that they thought Black-Americans were stronger because all of the weaker ones died when they were brought over as slaves. I’ve also heard that some believe it has to do with them being bread to be bigger and stronger so they could work harder. I don’t know if I believe any of that, so I won’t say either way, but I do know Africans are not pre-disposed to be especially gifted athletes.

Some people just have a very high concentration of fast twitch muscle fibers relative to their slow twitch fibers.

Fast twitch fibers respond better to hypertrophy as well as contributing heavily to what most people consider athletic ability. They are the ones responsible for jumping higher or farther, speed, quickness, etc.

Fuck. Somebody should have told my fast-twitch fibers that my father was a national level 200-m runner, cuz I’m just about average.

[quote]Deserteaglle wrote:
Roy wrote:

And finally the choices they made during puberty can affect how they develop. Like if one were to participate in sports and stay active, his body will develop to maintain that lifestyle.

Seriously dude, that’s just ignorant. Not calling you stupid because I thought the same thing, but then I went to East Africa for 7 weeks. I visited the largest city in Kenya and stayed over 5 weeks in the thrid largest city. In that time I went to several villages and spent most days walking around aimlessy.

I was taller than most everyone I came across…by alot. At the time I was 6’ tall and 180 pounds and they thought I was huge.

They seemed to think that Americans were big and strong, and a couple told me that they thought Black-Americans were stronger because all of the weaker ones died when they were brought over as slaves. I’ve also heard that some believe it has to do with them being bread to be bigger and stronger so they could work harder. I don’t know if I believe any of that, so I won’t say either way, but I do know Africans are not pre-disposed to be especially gifted athletes.

[/quote]

I seriously have a theory about this.

Tan makes people that are at a given level of leannes, look leaner.

Black people are always tan.

Therefore, given a black guy and a white guy of the same size, the black guy is going to look leaner.

[quote]Imen de Naars wrote:
Deserteaglle wrote:
Roy wrote:

Therefore, given a black guy and a white guy of the same size, the black guy is going to look leaner.[/quote]

I think you’re on to something here…

We’ve all known guys who either had great physiques with little or no exercise, or achieve great results with any sort of exercise program, well-thought-out or not, religiously followed or not, regardless of diet.

It’s these same genitcally gifted guys who are the source of all the bad advice in the other thread. People see someeone who looks great and ask what he does, and then spead whatever he says around as “expert advice,” when in reality he’s look great doing or eating almost anything.

Therefore, given a black guy and a white guy of the same size, the black guy is going to look leaner.[/quote]

Why do you think bodybuilders get a fake tan before a competition? It’s not a theory, it’s a fact.

[quote]Scott aka Rice wrote:
Imen de Naars wrote:

Therefore, given a black guy and a white guy of the same size, the black guy is going to look leaner.

Why do you think bodybuilders get a fake tan before a competition? It’s not a theory, it’s a fact.
[/quote]

:rolleyes:

Of course it is a fact that tanner makes you look better.

But do you think that everybody knows that blacks look better because they are black?

If so, why nobody gave this response?

So shove your fact up your ass.

Scott aka Rice wrote:
Imen de Naars wrote:

But do you think that everybody knows that blacks look better because they are black?

[/quote]

What?!! u two are crazy…so crazy…it just might work…

[quote]Roy wrote:

[/quote]

…and here we go…

[quote]Deserteaglle wrote:
Roy wrote:

[/quote]

Duh, you needed to go to Western Africa. that’s where the true genetic freaks are at. Think Ivory Coast.

Scott aka Rice wrote:
Imen de Naars wrote:

[/quote]

What? You are agreeing with me in one sentence and curse me out in the next? Weird guy.