Generation Kill - Awesome Series

All those military men and women, awesome series by HBO -
Generation Kill.

Thought i might share this for those Tube junkies…
Those who watched it, could share its awesomeness.
Those who haven’t, watch it!

http://www.hbo.com/generationkill/

I’m digging this show, it’s starting kind of slow but seems like its just going to get better and better.

Better then most of the crap that’s on TV.

I thought it was a good show.

Starting is a bit slow, more like an introduction to the whole platoon…
now its more in depth character development.

This is going to be another band of brothers hit but a modern day version of it.
The fighting is extremely realistic.

Agree that its starting slow…

And its not quite hitting the level yet of “Over There”.

“Over There” was a MUCH better show from day one. However, as many critics noted, it just came too soon after casualties began to mount in Iraq.

America just seemed to not be ready for that on Prime Time.

Mufasa

I like it. Of course, I’ve had those damn Avril Lavigne songs stuck in my head for the past two weeks…

As the great warrior poet Ice Cube once said: If the day does not require an A.K. it is good.

Edited.

Yes sir. Tis.

[quote]meangenes wrote:
As the warrior poet Dr. Dre once said: If the day does not require an A.K. it is good.[/quote]

Two in the mornin got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read, “Ice Cube’s a pimp” (yeah)
Drunk as hell but no throwin up
Half way home and my pager still blowin up
Today I didn’t even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day (shit!)

Wasn’t that Cube of the Ice variety my friend?

And, yes it’s looking like a good show. I remember reading the articles it’s based on in Rolling Stone back during the first year of the invasion. It was a damn good read.

D

I didn’t catch this thread the first time around.

While it sounds like I’m damning with faint praise, this is the best show on TV now. They didn’t dumb down the dialog to make it accessible to your average TV viewer. Good mix of vulgarity and action.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
I didn’t catch this thread the first time around.

While it sounds like I’m damning with faint praise, this is the best show on TV now. They didn’t dumb down the dialog to make it accessible to your average TV viewer. Good mix of vulgarity and action.[/quote]

I agree very good show.

Saw it for the first time this past weekend. Now scheduled on DVR regularly.

Yes, it’s been very good so far and damn hilarious at times. The incompetence of some of the officers like Encino man and that nervous joke capt. America is funny yet tragic. When Encino did his little dance on the bridge I couldn’t help but laugh.

Also, when Capt. America was screaming they were cut off and in danger of being taken out and that Marine in the humvee that was cut off says “what’s he talking about were the ones cut off he’s back on the bridge,”. Hilarious.

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
Yes, it’s been very good so far and damn hilarious at times. The incompetence of some of the officers like Encino man and that nervous joke capt. America is funny yet tragic. When Encino did his little dance on the bridge I couldn’t help but laugh.

Also, when Capt. America was screaming they were cut off and in danger of being taken out and that Marine in the humvee that was cut off says “what’s he talking about were the ones cut off he’s back on the bridge,”. Hilarious.

D[/quote]

Captain America is hilarious. ‘Assaulting’ the airstrip was classic.

‘He’s got his bayonet out.’

I like the series.

I have seen almost every one but I don’t memorize anyone’s name.

The drive for the Alpha squad cracks me up.

[quote]JGerman wrote:
I like the series.

I have seen almost every one but I don’t memorize anyone’s name.

[/quote]

FYI, Rudy Reyes (“Fruity Rudy”) plays himself and is a consultant for the series.

http://www.insidesocal.com/tv/2008/08/generation-kills-rudy-reyes-am.html

If you haven’t read the book on which the series was based, or “One Bullet Away” by Nate Fick, I highly recommend both.

Show is growing on me.

It accurately portrays the stretches of boredom between actual engagements pretty well. That and lack of what you actually need as opposed to what they actually have.

Was anyone else not disappointed with how the series went?

I thought it was entertaining but was hoping for more that never came.

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:
Was anyone else not disappointed with how the series went?

I thought it was entertaining but was hoping for more that never came.[/quote]

Ending fell rather flat. I’m reading the book now, which is good.