General Thoughts and Advice?

Could you give general thoughts and give advice on a particular part to focus on.

(There are a few most likely). I’m planning to put on a shit ton of mass to get bigger. (Always sick of being reffered to as skinny) I know in the details everyone is different. But given my shape, are there helpful examples of what I’ll look like? Many thanks and much love

At this stage of the game you should be focussing on OVERALL development…so, getting strong as fuck for sets of 5-10 reps, eating plenty, smash everything (with the exception of deadlifts) about twice a week. Do that for at least 12-18 months then review.

Lats seem to need the most work IMO

1 Like

What do the legs look like?

you are the absolute epitome of the kid who needs to eat a TON and lift weights like his life depended on it.

It’s actually a pretty fun place to be as you get to eat a shitload of pizza and milkshakes!

Pick a three or four day per week lifting program (the original 5/3/1 or WS4SB would both be great choices) and stick with it for a few MONTHS before changing. Don’t get caught up in the classic newb mistake of reading a load of scientific articles and trying to reinvent the wheel.

You really have to eat. Like, seriously, eat more than you are now. Think you eat a lot already? Doesn’t matter - no matter how much you eat now, you need to eat considerably more than that.

Eating is by far the hardest part of this lifestyle. Any chump can drag his ass to the gym 3 or 4 times a week. Eating like your life depended on it 24/7 is the hard part, and you won’t get big without it.

9 Likes

When you say bigger, what and physique do you want?

Also sandwiches, eat some.

Just very big. Traps, shoulders arms, especially chest. Tired of being known as the thin skinny kid. As big as my build will let me be. I’ve been told I’m an ectomorph, so the best version of that build is what I’m going for I guess.

I agree with people who said that you could develop everything. My two pieces of advice: don’t let your ego convince you to neglect legs for the sake of upper body development. Dead lifts hit more muscles than any other exercise, from your calves to your traps, and squats hit your metabolism in a way that increases the growth of the rest of your muscles. The second bit of advice is for bench presses: if your gym has a press bar with an arch built into the middle that allows you a wider range of movement, you should use it. It helps me widen out my chest muscles even if I can’t press as much weight. If your gym doesn’t have one, then dumbbells can do the same thing.

2 Likes

General advice:

1. Never, ever listen to other beginners. You will fail.

2. Get off the internet. Go train with big and strong guys that you want to look like in the gym. Don’t waste time online. Most people are full of shit.

9 Likes

citizen_kane

5 Likes

How does my chest look, it’s weird and assymetrical as fuuuuck. The left comes up in a rounded way. The right just latched onto the sternum and is considerably smaller. My Inner chest line is uneven and goes off centre. That’s my biggest peeve. That’s and my shoulders/traps slope down differently. I wanna get big af in general, how well can these things be helped by as you’ve all said

Lifting a fuck ton consistently

And

Eating a lot consistently

(No dirty bulk)

i’ll share a before and after of myself, as I was even skinnier than you when I started.

most postural issues can sort of work themselves out over time. Honestly, just focusing on standing straight helps. I have similar issues, but most people would never know it. My head tilts to one side when I strain under heavy loads. some spinal issues. one shoulder that sits higher than the other. I have a weird indentation in the middle of my chest, likely a tear from a long time ago or something. I also have a tear on my outer pec that is noticeable when I flex. but when you look at my after picture, I’m gonna guess none of these things stand out to you.

9 Likes

Dude that’s crazy! I knew you were super skinny when you were younger because you’ve said it multiple times, but I’ve never seen a picture. Now THAT is a transformation!!

But on a side not you should bring the hair back!

1 Like

i’ll share a before and after of myself, as I was even skinnier than you when I started.

most postural issues can sort of work themselves out over time. Honestly, just focusing on standing straight helps. I have similar issues, but most people would never know it. My head tilts to one side when I strain under heavy loads. some spinal issues. one shoulder that sits higher than the other. I have a weird indentation in the middle of my chest, likely a tear from a long time ago or something. I also have a tear on my outer pec that is noticeable when I flex. but when you look at my after picture, I’m gonna guess none of these things stand out to you.

Maaaaaan I wish. Alas, my hairline sucks pretty bad, and it’s pretty thin on top these days.

And thanks!

I dunno man, that does still kinda stand out in the after pic :stuck_out_tongue:

hahahahahahha. yes in that picture it does, but that’s intentional there.

Actually, what I’m talking about is when I deadlift and squat. I can’t keep my head straight, and it’s always in the same direction. I’ve always assumed it’s like a spinal mis-alignment thing in my upper back, or maybe a muscular imbalance. I didn’t notice it until someone pointed it out to me about a year ago. They think it’s a hip issue. Which I suppose it could be as well.

1 Like

Is one of your ears lower than the other or more cupped?

Context* I had a scoliosis operation about two years back. Everything’s healed and finally me now, but I wonder if my body developing for years as i was, could’ve made the chest develop off centre to the left. The centre line/gap just goes off that way instead of evenly reaching up to the collarbone area like it does on 98% of people. Like However big and good my left will be, my right will always be a smaller and a different shape?

I think your overthinking… For the record I have been diagnosed with a slight case of thoracic scoliosis

How is your chest structured.