T Nation

General Pace on Gays

Thank You, General Pace! At last someone speaks up.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070313/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/military_gays

The military is diverging from the values of civilians. Its a last bastion of morality.

The good thing about Gen. Pace is that he is at the end of his career. I can’t beleive I served under this tool. He just discredited 60 thousand troops. That’s ok though, maybe some clear thinking homosexuals might rethink standing up to defend a country that won’t stand up for them.

“I believe homosexual acts between two individuals are immoral and that we should not condone immoral acts,” Pace was quoted as saying in the newspaper interview. “I do not believe the United States is well served by a policy that says it is OK to be immoral in any way.”

Damn straight (no pun intended)!!!

At least the USMC has retained some morality and decency in this evil PC world.

Pace should be President.

That would of course imply that homosexality IS immoral in any way.

Since you are an objectivist you believe that man lives properly “with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life.”

So, how are the actions of these soldiers immoral, so what if a semitic tribe wanted to distinguish itself from its more hedonistic and less judgemental neighbours and who cares about the ramblings of an old fool that justifies his moral code with the further delusion of an invisible man in the sky.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
[…]
The military is diverging from the values of civilians. Its a last bastion of morality.[/quote]

Military is a bastion of morality? Laughable!
The military is a political tool for systematic violence, which is kept sheathed as long as there is no other way. What is more brutal, unfair and inhuman than planned, strategically deployed systematic violence?
It is evil in essence.
The flashy uniforms, medals, traditions, the saluting and all that crap is just to distract the feeble minded.
You probably don’t understand that, HH, because you did not serve your country (just like the guy you voted for president).

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
…You probably don’t understand that, HH, because you did not serve your country (just like the guy you voted for president).[/quote]

HH voted for Clinton?

[quote]orion wrote:
That would of course imply that homosexality IS immoral in any way.

[/quote]

He compared it to adultery, not quite an accurate comparison. It is more like premarital sex.

Maybe “Don’t Ask, Don’T Tell” works best-I don’t know-personally, I don’t see how your sexuality affects how you do any job-I feel it is a real non-issue & matter of personal business.

Honor, duty, country…where do we find these values?

Homosexuality is immoral because it is a choice made against either God or nature, depending on if you accept religion or science.

HH-
I actually agree with you on a lot of what you say & do believe in Honor, Duty & Country. I just don’t believe it is a “choice,” that is all.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Honor, duty, country…where do we find these values?

Homosexuality is immoral because it is a choice made against either God or nature, depending on if you accept religion or science.[/quote]

The definition for criminal sodomy used by the military includes heterosexual oral sex between a married couple, along with any non-standard (“unnatural”, which can be extended to anything) copulatory acts. Basically, if you engage in anything other than missionary, you are making a choice against God or nature. If you’ve never made a choice against God or nature, then I pity your poor wife.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Honor, duty, country…where do we find these values?

Homosexuality is immoral because it is a choice made against either God or nature, depending on if you accept religion or science.[/quote]

So what you are saying is that everyone should have your moral values. Have you ever cheated on your wife?

I served and am straight, but I could care less what someone’s sexual preference is. What’s done in the privacy of your foxhole is your business. I don’t want, nor expect everyone to be like me so I don’t like to judge others.

And if you think the military doesn’t have more than their fair share of gay soldiers, well you are just uninformed.

Trust me, Gen Pace has gays on his staff and might or might not be aware of it. When you have made a career out of the military, you don’t think for a second that everyone is hetro.

I’m not proud of it, but being a Marine on a Naval Station, I romped with a few wives and WAVES while their husbands were out to sea. I guess that makes me, and them OK, but gays immoral.

You’re a bigot and not having served, who the fuck are you to be knocking anyone who is putting their life on the line for YOU? Shut up, relax, and enjoy your freedom at the expense of the hetro and homosexual servers.

You have some set of balls.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Honor, duty, country…where do we find these values?

[/quote]

These are not values. They are emotive words that have a certain meaning depending on your world view. Rhetoric.

Or it may be a defect in the DNA in which case it couldn’t possibly be immoral nor would it be a “choice”.

[quote]etaco wrote:
If you’ve never made a choice against God or nature, then I pity your poor wife.[/quote]

LOL

Just a parentheses; In Islam, anything goes in bed besides anal sex. Go Wild!

[quote]olderguy wrote:

You’re a bigot and not having served, who the fuck are you to be knocking anyone who is putting their life on the line for YOU? Shut up, relax, and enjoy your freedom at the expense of the hetro and homosexual servers.

You have some set of balls.
[/quote]

Do you love the irony as much as I do?

Thank you. This needed to be said.

Ignore the fool. He’s a troll.

I’m not gonna debate the right and wrong of what he said, but I’m impressed with the way he’s standing behind what he said. At least he doesn’t give in to the politically correct horseshit.

T-man in my book.

[quote]orion wrote:
That would of course imply that homosexality IS immoral in any way.

Since you are an objectivist you believe that man lives properly “with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life.”

So, how are the actions of these soldiers immoral, so what if a semitic tribe wanted to distinguish itself from its more hedonistic and less judgemental neighbours and who cares about the ramblings of an old fool that justifies his moral code with the further delusion of an invisible man in the sky.

[/quote]

Or from his own hubris.

[quote]lixy wrote:
etaco wrote:
If you’ve never made a choice against God or nature, then I pity your poor wife.

LOL

Just a parentheses; In Islam, anything goes in bed besides anal sex. Go Wild![/quote]

Well, that rules out Islam I guess.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Schwarzfahrer wrote:
…You probably don’t understand that, HH, because you did not serve your country (just like the guy you voted for president).

HH voted for Clinton?[/quote]

Don’t be daft.
You know what I’m talking about.
Clinton, while not having served, did know the implications of the american war machine unleashed and it’s fury.
The other guy didn’t do both.
You don’t have to serve to recognize this. But some guys learn from that experience.

Yeah, right, because some guy who “accepts religion” and actually believes that stuff (Jesus, Allah, whatever) will then in turn start screwing his own gender?

(on a sidenote, HH, did you know that Mohamed Atta was a closet gay of the highest calibre. Had no girlfriend his whole life, never greeted them with a handshake -similar to Borat- and stressed in his last will that no women should be present at his funeral. Kind of frustrates a guy, doesn’t it?
Now that happens if you are gay and simultaneously truly believe in (a old mesopotamian) god. )

And why on earth would that be “scientifically” against nature? Please , no bullshit links to right nut christian fanatic sites. Honest explanations, please.