General Malaise

For the last three months Ive noticed a complete feeling of exhaustion, and lack of energy. In the past this mostly occured do to strick dieting OR to long on a LCD. But that is not the case currently and the tricky thing is the more I eat the more tired I feel. I feel as if Im in slow motion most of the time very logy.

Im not sure what to do or what to look at. NOthing on blood work has come back as to low. Ive tried different remedies but was wondering if someone had any Ideas outside of looking at thyroid, taking a multi, ZMA, orincreasing calories or raising T levels.

My typical day of eating looks like this

5 oz lean meat, two eggs, grapefruit.
train. fish oil multi vitamin

pwo either Surge 2 scoops or Metabolic Drive plus oatmeal, and bananna

cottage cheese, yam and apple

7 oz grass fed beef, salad or veggies
fish oil, olive oil or flax some beans

3 scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 tbs flax, fiber a few strawberries, plus green food

10 oz salmon, veggies, beans, avocado

cottage cheese and nuts and green powder
or omlette with turkey chili and one tbs fish oil.

ZMA before bed.

I aM 210 lbs 14% BF. Any thoughts?

How many grams of carbs are you getting a day? If they get too low they can negatively effect your mood and energy.

From your diet you still look like you’re going low carb.

When was your last refeed day?

Have you tried Spike?

I haven’t really tried Spike.
For me low carbs are 50 g or less a day.

I try not to go above 250 as my BF is kind of high, and have never been carb tolerant.

Refeed? I havn’t justified a refeed day cause im not in ketosis?

what do you think, Up the carbs? keep fats the same?

[quote]Kill’Em All wrote:
Refeed? I havn’t justified a refeed day cause im not in ketosis?[/quote]

Any long term low carb dieter needs a refeed day. No wonder you feel like shit.

Very nice use of the word “Malaise”

Up the fats or the carbs, your choice. Pick a source that works for you and give yourself lots of it. When I eat high lipid and low carb I feel better than a schoolgirl alone in a room full of football players that don’t masturbate.

But when I start mixing the two too much I get highs and lows that eventually turn into constant lows. Also try some taurine and…

A WEEK OFF!

take a week off of training and go to a yoga class once per day. Refocus. This kind of thing helps me with MMA training. Too much getting hit in the mind makes chris a confused boy. So just calm the fuck down, refeed, zen out for a bit and have more sex.

Or eat one whole cheesecake in one sitting and then have a 13 hour nap. This is a prefect restart. One catatonic coma lies between you and non-lethargy.

-chris

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1229510

Today’s tip comes from Dr. John Berardi:

Time To Refeed?

When you’re trying to drop fat using a low carb diet, but maintaining performance levels is a priority, it may be beneficial to partake in a carbohydrate refeeding meal or refeeding day once every three to seven days. Rather than suggesting this meal upregulates metabolism, I’ll suggest that you’ll be able to train harder when the fuel supply is topped off again. Not only will it allow you to train harder during the first few days post-refeeding, but it’ll give you a great psychological boost by releasing some “feel good” neurotransmitters and by causing you to feel less deprived.

I’d read everything he’s written in '06 as well. Click on his name under authors
<---------

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Kill’Em All wrote:
Refeed? I havn’t justified a refeed day cause im not in ketosis?

Any long term low carb dieter needs a refeed day. No wonder you feel like shit.[/quote]

I’m definitely a refeed believer, but with grapefruits, bananas, apples, beans, strawberries etc. I’m not seeing this as particularly low in carbs. You probably have another 30 or 40 grams on incidental carbs in the other stuff too. Your apple or banana alone has more carbs than a whole day for me.

I dunno. I’ve been on the AD for several months and have never felt better. Seriously. Maybe you’re not low enough in cho and high enough in fat to adapt and also not high enough in carbs for sufficient energy. That sounds like a possibility.

I have found that Major Woody actually outranks General Malaise.

Perhaps you should give your Private Parts a little Corporal Punishment.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I have found that Major Woody actually outranks General Malaise.

Perhaps you should give your Private Parts a little Corporal Punishment.[/quote]

Hahah! I just choked on my own wit reading this.
Funny funny…

In all seriousness though, to the OP I had similar symptoms and was just totally beyond burnt out.
Overtraining is sometimes really hard to recognize as it’s developing.

Lots of good advice up here, a carb up might just make all the difference for you.

Actually I just had a week off ( HOLIDAYS).

LIke I wrote before the more I eat the slower I feel. (even protein).

If I drop carbs my energy levels are stable but systems in my body slow down, Circulation, warmth, etc.

Upping my carbs doesn’t give me grater energy ever in my life, just a feeling of being more anabolic.

Something defenitely doesn’t feel right inside my body, I just can’t figure out what to do.

I’ll have a carb up day this week, and up my efa’s and fats on other days.

Im cutting down on volume for a couple of weeks as I just took some time off

PS. sex has been plentiful this last month.