T Nation

General Health Supplements

Healthwise what supplements should I take. I eat 4 pieces of fruit and about 5 portions of vegetables a day, I drink quite a bit of green tea aswell for antioxidants, in the near future I am getting flax or fish oil. Anything else I should take like multi vitamin or antioxidant supplement?

Depends on what kind of vegetables and fruit you are eating. I would just get fish oils. Are you male or female? Flax is studied to be a phytoestrogen and mimics estrogen. It aids women in battling symptoms of menopause. Hence why I wouldn’t get it due to being a male. Fish oils are packed with lots of Omega 3.6.9. Get Flameout from T-Nation.

A multivitamin and antioxidant supplement would depend, again what fruit and vegies you are eating. Vegies are packed with vitamins and fruit are packed with antioxidant. If your getting an adequate amount of both really no need to get a supplement for them.

It varies, most green veg, carrots or peppers, bananas, apples, oranges, berries, mango… Anything I see really

Male, teenager

Thanks a lot by the way, I’ll definately get fish oil and will look for antioxidants and multi vits, any recomendations especially for antioxidants?

[quote]Needforspeed wrote:
Thanks a lot by the way, I’ll definately get fish oil and will look for antioxidants and multi vits, any recomendations especially for antioxidants?[/quote]

I do not take vitamins and or antioxidants so I wouldn’t be able to help you out in that department. However, look for one that has good bio-availability.

Consider vitamin D3

For multivit check out this thread: Pay attension to Bill Roberts.