Gender Norms, Postmodernism and How We Identify and MeToo

It hurts my feelings that you expect their feelings to reign supreme.

But it is done consciously so it can’t be unintentional. It is deliberate. So again, you didn’t answer the question.

Nope. It sin’t deliberate or intentional. Do you know my feelings or something, Z?

By definition it is. Tell me your credentials that make you able to decide what our words mean.

It hurts my feelings that they won’t be polite back if I don’t want to go by their personal feelings as to what a woman is. They are still free to disagree with me.

By which definition?

Just curious: On what would you base such an expectation?

Until relatively recently, this could have been said about the geocentric model of the solar system.

This will come as a surprise to the vast number of scientists who have long since departed from it.

Edited for a dumb error

How does it hurt your feelings?

Doesn’t matter. Those are my feelings.

You are deliberately hurting me now. Please, cease and desist.

Deliberate, intentional, knowingly, etc. You do something knowingly, it is deliberate.

That was my intent.

I don’t know their feelings are hurt. I can’t know their feelings…Remember?

In addition, I feel hurt they insist I bend my own definitions and not live by them.

See, we’re different.

The intent is not to hurt or harm, it’s merely to bw accurate.

Heh - sorry, I consider the postmodern view of (no such thing as) truth to be in the same philosophical camp of phrenology. If we can’t stipulate that truth exists, I’ve got nothing for you.

I have no doubts the vast majority of these situation involve sincere feelings. But feelings so not determine truth. A person might have a sincere feeling that they can fly, but that feeling doesn’t change the fact that if they jump off a cliff, they will instead plummet to the ground.

I don’t think Swedish is limited to Nordic, as Swedish is commonly understood.

2 Likes

They can tell you it bothers them when you intentionally/deliberately/knowingly use a pronoun they don’t want you to.

They aren’t asking you to agree with them. If a man was named Mary would you call him something else because you thought his name was for females only? Does calling him Mary mean you don’t think it’s a woman’s name anymore?

And if I tell them it bothers me to use those pronouns? They can’t insist or they knowingly hurt my feelings!

Among other things, I don’t see any evolutionary advantage gained by the species moving toward these genetic anomalies.

Ok? So?

A vast number of scientists haven’t departed from it.

Hate to break it to you - Asian women do not play in the NBA.

1 Like

Unless we feel they are all Asian women…whoah.