Gender Norms, Postmodernism and How We Identify and MeToo

No, it wouldn’t be intentional. It would be an unintended side effect.

I don’t care about that, that’s fine - but society does itself no favors by pretending truth doesn’t exist in the name of making sure someone’s feelings don’t get hurt.

Point being, be polite, have manners, but the project of rearranging our entire nomenclature of sex/gender based on things that aren’t true does not serve society’s purpose.

1 Like

You acknowledge more than one truth in the matter?

Do you know my feelings? I thought you couldn’t?

Yep, under this “individual truth” approach. I want to think you’re an Asian woman and refer to you as such - even though you’re obviously not - doesn’t matter, you can’t say, “TB, you’re wrong” - My Truth.

NBA, here I come!

Edit: Just a a joke…Ahem.

If you consciously use a pronoun that will offend the person, then by definition it is intentional.

But what is truth? The transsexual doesn’t feel something? He or she defines it as the opposite sex, maybe it is, maybe it isn’t, but the feeling is real. So maybe biologically the person is his birth sex but when talking about gender identity maybe they really do feel differently.

I asked this already but what if an ethnically Swedish couple adopt a black child from Africa and raise him as their own, in Sweden. If the child claims to be Swedish he will be right as far as citizenship but what if claims to actually feel like he’s Swedish? Science will say he is black not Nordic.Would it be right to call him black if he wants to be called Swedish?

No. There are facts and beliefs. I was using truth as the poster I quoted was using it.

Ok, do you know my feelings?

Again, by definition, if you knowingly hurt someone then it is intentional. If it helps you, just insert knowingly wherever you see intentionally, then think of a different way to avoid the question.

That’s not what I’m asking. I’m asking if you know my feelings.

I know you get upset and sad when I point out your intellectual shortcomings.

Zecarlo, do you know my feelings?

Side bar question. What entity legally defines men and women? The health department?

Because you don’t want to answer the question.

Yes, I know right now you are scared to answer a question.

What question? I’ve answered the intentional question multiple times…that one?

Do you know my feelings?

Maybe a doctor’s note?

You never answered it.

I said it was unintentional and not deliberate. I’m only sharing and going by my own feelings as to what a woman is.

Now, do you know my feelings?