T Nation

Gender Identity

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]tmay11 wrote:
I have sympathy for the ones born “in-between” … the only solution I can really see is to let them use the one of their choosing. But, just because you identify as another gender doesn’t mean you should be allowed into the opposite sex’s bathroom.

The same applies for sports teams. It’s quite hilarious to think of a girls H.S basketball team stacked full of boys… [/quote]

One could argue there should be no need for separate sex bathrooms in an enlightened society.[/quote]

One could argue just about anything.[/quote]

After a certain age and maturity level, sure unisex bathrooms are fine…

But for pre-teens it would simply be too much of a distraction IMO to have boys and girls going potty in the same room at the same time, and during the teen years with the rampant body image issues people have I would say it offers much too much in the way added insecurity and will further complicate psychological development.

Once people are adults however… Yeah fine, no issue with it.

Most public restrooms in Europe are unisex this is urinal in Utrecht Netherlands

Urinal in Utrecht

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Urinal in Utrecht [/quote]

Gross.

I don’t want to walk down the street and watch people piss. Where do they wash their hands?

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Gross.

I don’t want to walk down the street and watch people piss. Where do they wash their hands?[/quote]

urine is sterile , they could like their fingers and be fine :slight_smile: Shitting is a different matter

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Gross.

I don’t want to walk down the street and watch people piss. Where do they wash their hands?[/quote]

urine is sterile , they could like their fingers and be fine :slight_smile: Shitting is a different matter
[/quote]

Urine? How do I know the prick they are holding is sterile? Gross man. Just gross.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Gross.

[/quote]

Urine? How do I know the prick they are holding is sterile? Gross man. Just gross. [/quote]

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Gross.

[/quote]

Urine? How do I know the prick they are holding is sterile? Gross man. Just gross. [/quote]

[/quote]

haha.

Tell ya what, I’ll buy you a beer if I ever get the chance, but I’m not shaking your hand. :wink:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Gross.

[/quote]

LOL…but yeah…of all bodily fluids you could ever ingest, you are safest with urine. The only bacteria should be if they have a urinary tract infection.

You pussies wouldn’t last a minute in India. 900 million people, and they sell 4 rolls of toilet paper per year. Not per person. Four rolls period.

[quote]drunkpig wrote:
You pussies wouldn’t last a minute in India. 900 million people, and they sell 4 rolls of toilet paper per year. Not per person. Four rolls period. [/quote]

I actually brought those 4 rolls with me to India. Just a dreadful place. Everyone taking a dump where ever they want. All waterways just full of feces. Smells like it to. Once you get out of the city it is not that bad. If you take the train the bathroom is just a hole in the floor and you see the tracks running under neath your bum.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Gross.

[/quote]

[/quote]

haha.

Tell ya what, I’ll buy you a beer if I ever get the chance, but I’m not shaking your hand. ;)[/quote]

I am sure we would at least get a buzz, I would love to meet you also :slight_smile:

So far as I see it, the purpose of gender segregated bathrooms are to prevent opportunities for sexual harassment and sexual assault, not about reaffirming a person’s gender identity.

If I had a daughter she wouldn’t be going to a school with unisex bathrooms.

– ElbowStrike

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
So far as I see it, the purpose of gender segregated bathrooms are to prevent opportunities for sexual harassment and sexual assault, not about reaffirming a person’s gender identity.

If I had a daughter she wouldn’t be going to a school with unisex bathrooms.

– ElbowStrike[/quote]

But what if she/it was “third gender,” “gender queer,” “binary gender,” “two spirit,” “cisgender,” “cissexual,” “agender” or any of the other gender related identities that we must acknowlegde or else suffer the stigma of being a bigot?

I gotta say if someone is really worked up over what bathroom they have to use, because they have some atypical gender identity be it homosexuality or transsexuality or whatever else there is, then fuck them. Fuck you and fuck your gender identity.

If you can’t deal with having to use a certain bathroom, I’m sorry, but you’re fucked. There is so much more significant adversity out in the real world. Be glad you were born with working legs. Be glad you didn’t get your arm blown off in Iraq. Be glad your parents didn’t die in a fire. Be glad you even have a goddamn clean bathroom to wipe your entitled gender identifying ass in.

We do some super eco-friendly diapers now.

No more gender / sexual orientation issues.
Reduced carbon footprint.

a real “quick and dirty fix”.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
We pay for sex changes?
[/quote]
Yes, that is part of ObamaCare. Along with surrogate moms for gay male couples.

[quote]
If so, could someone tell me why you can’t buy testosterone by the gallon from your doctor’s office?[/quote]

Obama is your president. You voted for this. You must want it.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
SM you and I know each other fairly well by now my friend. We agree on quite a bit at least politically and socially. I’m going to challenge you in all sincerity. You are unabashedly opposed to homosexuality and are on record as declaring it an “abhorrent and unnatural” act and practice. I agree and you know why I agree. I am asking YOU sir with all due respect. On what basis beyond your own personal individual sensibilities and interpretation of nature do you hold this dogmatic condemnatory position of fellow men and women who happen to find themselves aroused by members of their same gender?[/quote]

Tirib, I am going to challenge you on something…write simply and clearly…this is America, not Downton Abbey. I had to look up three words to make sure I understood what you were saying…

Urine is not sterile and there is evidence to suggest that, for many of us, our bladders probably aren’t, either.

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
So far as I see it, the purpose of gender segregated bathrooms are to prevent opportunities for sexual harassment and sexual assault, not about reaffirming a person’s gender identity.[/quote]

Really? Because in our culture and others gender-specific restrooms were (are) designed well before sexual harassment and assault were (are) crimes. Also, if you wanted to prevent crimes, the way restrooms are designed is currently one of the worst possible designs to imagine.

As a father, any restroom you take her to would de facto be unisex. And, because of the falseness of your statement about harassment and assault, many/most parents forgo gender segregation when it comes to the fear of assault/harassment of their kids.