Gender Identity

Junior thinks he’s a girl even though he has a penis? Don’t worry. After all monkeys bugger each other all the time and there’s a species of jellyfish that can have a sex change in warmer water. Anyhow, we need more ‘rights’ for gender queer, cross gender, trans gender and third gender children. Fortunately the city of San Francisco and the Democratic Party are leading the charge.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/dan-joseph/california-bill-would-allow-students-use-bathrooms-consistent-his-or-her-gender

SM you and I know each other fairly well by now my friend. We agree on quite a bit at least politically and socially. I’m going to challenge you in all sincerity. You are unabashedly opposed to homosexuality and are on record as declaring it an “abhorrent and unnatural” act and practice. I agree and you know why I agree. I am asking YOU sir with all due respect. On what basis beyond your own personal individual sensibilities and interpretation of nature do you hold this dogmatic condemnatory position of fellow men and women who happen to find themselves aroused by members of their same gender?

I have sympathy for the ones born “in-between” … the only solution I can really see is to let them use the one of their choosing. But, just because you identify as another gender doesn’t mean you should be allowed into the opposite sex’s bathroom.

The same applies for sports teams. It’s quite hilarious to think of a girls H.S basketball team stacked full of boys…

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
I am asking YOU sir with all due respect. On what basis beyond your own personal individual sensibilities and interpretation of nature do you hold this dogmatic condemnatory position of fellow men and women who happen to find themselves aroused by members of their same gender?[/quote]

I don’t espouse punishment or anything of the sort specifically aimed at the gay community. And on what basis beyond my own interpretation of nature do I object to it? Do I need further basis? I feel quite confident that homosexuality is not a good thing for society and for the people involved as well. And you know why I believe this as I’ve gone into it before.

Social theorists of the left like Emile Durkheim argue that there is no such thing as ‘deviant’ behaviour and that it is entirely dependent upon the customs and norms of society. I don’t believe this. That explanation is a form of moral relativism.

You did not disappoint me oh prudish one :slight_smile:

[quote]tmay11 wrote:
I have sympathy for the ones born “in-between” …[/quote]

First, they aren’t born with a male/female gender identity any more than they are born with a wicked/virtuous soul or a destiny for any given profession or life path.

Isn’t it a rather biased view to only see one solution? Maybe the reason you only see one solution is because a problem has been manufactured and manufactured in such a way that predisposes you to that one solution.

-Unisex bathrooms
-Monitored Unisex bathrooms
-Individual unisex bathrooms

or how about the fact that the bathrooms we have are designed around biology and not a commentary on a small minority’s trivial social awkwardness or inconvenience? What about the kids with no gender identity? Why should they be compelled to choose? What about the kids with one or no hands (many of whom actually were born that way)? Shouldn’t the facilities accommodate them? What about the kids with IBS?

This isn’t a slippery slope, it’s people portraying themselves as victims, manufacturing a problem(s), garnering undeserved sympathy, and demanding a solution.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Junior thinks he’s a girl even though he has a penis? Don’t worry. After all monkeys bugger each other all the time and there’s a species of jellyfish that can have a sex change in warmer water. Anyhow, we need more ‘rights’ for gender queer, cross gender, trans gender and third gender children. Fortunately the city of San Francisco and the Democratic Party are leading the charge.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/dan-joseph/california-bill-would-allow-students-use-bathrooms-consistent-his-or-her-gender[/quote]

Well, on the bright side, ObamaCare requires that the productive wage earners all pay for chop-a-dick-offa-mes and add-a-dick-to-mes. So, this will probably be moot.

Inded, it looks like surrogate moms will be paid for for “womb challeneged” gay male couples.

Yea, ObamaCare!

[quote]lucasa wrote:

[quote]tmay11 wrote:
I have sympathy for the ones born “in-between” …[/quote]

First, they aren’t born with a male/female gender identity any more than they are born with a wicked/virtuous soul or a destiny for any given profession or life path.

Isn’t it a rather biased view to only see one solution? Maybe the reason you only see one solution is because a problem has been manufactured and manufactured in such a way that predisposes you to that one solution.

-Unisex bathrooms
-Monitored Unisex bathrooms
-Individual unisex bathrooms

or how about the fact that the bathrooms we have are designed around biology and not a commentary on a small minority’s trivial social awkwardness or inconvenience? What about the kids with no gender identity? Why should they be compelled to choose? What about the kids with one or no hands (many of whom actually were born that way)? Shouldn’t the facilities accommodate them? What about the kids with IBS?

This isn’t a slippery slope, it’s people portraying themselves as victims, manufacturing a problem(s), garnering undeserved sympathy, and demanding a solution.

[/quote]

You’re right. That’s a simple and obvious solution that I overlooked.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

Well, on the bright side, ObamaCare requires that the productive wage earners all pay for chop-a-dick-offa-mes and add-a-dick-to-mes. So, this will probably be moot.

Inded, it looks like surrogate moms will be paid for for “womb challeneged” gay male couples.

Yea, ObamaCare![/quote]

Saddest part is, Obamacare has little to do with the “I’m a victim, really!” syndrome. I’m still incredulous about this:

[quote]tmay11 wrote:
I have sympathy for the ones born “in-between” … the only solution I can really see is to let them use the one of their choosing. But, just because you identify as another gender doesn’t mean you should be allowed into the opposite sex’s bathroom.

The same applies for sports teams. It’s quite hilarious to think of a girls H.S basketball team stacked full of boys… [/quote]

One could argue there should be no need for separate sex bathrooms in an enlightened society.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

Yea, ObamaCare![/quote]

We pay for sex changes?

If so, could someone tell me why you can’t buy testosterone by the gallon from your doctor’s office?

[quote]tmay11 wrote:

You’re right. That’s a simple and obvious solution that I overlooked.
[/quote]

Well, he has a point.

Why do we see a woman’s bathroom as off limits?

We have a unisex bathroom here at work. I go in the “women’s bathroom” everyday and they go in the “men’s bathroom”.

Shit, I don’t even worry about putting the toilet seat back down.

Hahahahaha! Okay I’ll tell you how that woulda went at my school: “Uh… yeah I just feel like gender-wise I’m like a girl too so I’ll just go in here” Boy’s bathroom woulda been fuckin empty lol.

[quote]csulli wrote:
Hahahahaha! Okay I’ll tell you how that woulda went at my school: “Uh… yeah I just feel like gender-wise I’m like a girl too so I’ll just go in here” Boy’s bathroom woulda been fuckin empty lol.[/quote]

Yeah, but most of that comes because we as a society have made “sex” “evil”.

Something that is as natural to us as seeing my dog’s junk exposed all day long is something we have CHOSEN to cover up and mask.

It would be naive to ever believe that our current view of these issues will stand the test of time forever.

You know why the boys would have acted like fools in that scenario?

Because we told them it was off limits their whole lives.

If it were natural to them there would be no reaction.

As far as this topic, yes there are some people born with BOTH sex organs. It doesn’t seem those coming from purely religious stances have covered those.

[quote]csulli wrote:
Hahahahaha! Okay I’ll tell you how that woulda went at my school: “Uh… yeah I just feel like gender-wise I’m like a girl too so I’ll just go in here” Boy’s bathroom woulda been fuckin empty lol.[/quote]

If you’re school is like mine was, there are doors on every stall and there are plenty of people that would’ve felt completely entitled to take a wide array of disciplinary measures if you tried to peak over/under them.

Plenty of girls at my school and even women at the gym that are mortified to be glimpsed in underwear let alone gawked at naked. If peeping became a major problem, the boys bathroom would be empty the girls bathroom would be full of boys and the girls would go to the bathroom at home or at Curves.

Homeschooling, for the gender dysmorphic or everyone, is yet another solution to the problem. If implemented for everyone, it even has the added benefit of making it harder for an Adam Lanza to skulk from house to house in order to find 20 six-year-olds to shoot.

But we don’t want to actually solve any problems, we want to offer the ‘disadvantaged’ kids an option that we don’t offer everyone else so that they feel better.

Today, I feel like a grapefruit.

Please squeeze me.

[quote]orion wrote:

Please squeeze me.

[/quote]

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]tmay11 wrote:

The same applies for sports teams. It’s quite hilarious to think of a girls H.S basketball team stacked full of boys… [/quote]

One could argue there should be no need for separate sex bathrooms in an enlightened society.[/quote]

One could argue just about anything.

[quote]orion wrote:

Please squeeze me.[/quote]

, would you like to be squeezed like a grapefruit in the boy’s room or the girl’s room? Or the kitchen?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

We pay for sex changes?

[/quote]

Sort of…