Gen Y'ers Are Pussies

Can’t say I disagree.

I’m 22 and am irregular compared to most of my friends. Lots and lots of betas. I’m not even that “alpha”, i just get shit done. With roommate situations, the lease, bills, are all in my name as none of my pussy friends can get it done. Just the old saying do it right by doing it yourself. I wouldn’t trust my life with most people I know, it’s really sad. Wouldn’t know whether to shit or go blind if I was bleeding profusely.

Your thoughts?

http://thegig.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2008/04/16/gen-yers-lack-confidence-behave-like-idiots/

I don’t really like the article and I don’t agree. However I do agree that talking to someone on the phone is a rarity these days. Between text messaging and Facebook people don’t speak with each other anymore. Shit is weak.

I think each generation has its fair share of pussies. In mine it is these emo/ indie culture type kids, along with others, that have nothing in life going for them. Dead end job, debt, not in school, living at home.

I am 22 btw.

heh, I’m 19 and I agree with OP and dalejohnson… there are way to many of these types hiding behind texting and their parents.
If I text its usually to the point and not to bullshit. The only reason I have unlimited texting is because no one else picks up the dam phone anymore.
And I really don’t want to start my rant on emo kids… I guess its the xenoestrogens?

Its true. I’m 23 and I’m a pussy.

I’ve got a job but I am fucking tempted to throw that in and go back to uni full time (I’m doing uni part time at the moment) or go find myself somewhere with the aid of drugs and alcohol.

Basically because a career is scary.

Being an armchair social critic is fun.

Just curious what everyone here gains from venting their loathing of metrosexuals, emo-children, and the like, and then blaming them for all of society’s problems? Frankly, I think all such anger is absurd, and think the notion of the “ideal” man is a myth.

Ya, I’m 21, its funny cuz witrh girls it seems like if you are confident and young. You are a rarity lately, it’s like everydude you meet is some shade of a gigantic pussy, be it emo, wigger or pothead.

In my college, which is right by a boxing gym, I’ll offer to take some kid to the gym with me, or any guy.

They shrink up real quick, I even told these frat dudes about the place and they excused out of it with their bullshit fears and procrastinaiton complex.

Part of this is, the lack of ability to take control of yourself and the culture were raised in where you are constantly told to seek approval, especially from women.

This creates a man with small testicles, no pride and chronic laziness.

A half man per say. Most men nowadays have the conviction of a hermaphrodite.

I’m tossing up joining the marines, I need to get myself in around alot more testerone, if I keep on up at Uni like this, I don’t think I’m ever goign to fully develop.

I have deal with beta male inferiority complex teachers with poor posture and, megalomaniac super lib wanna be hillary females, yapping off about some political bullshit noone cares about and that they have no experience in.

I think the Marines will give me a leg up, and a sense of pride which I am currently fighting for in my mind claw and tooth.

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:

Just curious what everyone here gains from venting their loathing of metrosexuals, emo-children, and the like, and then blaming them for all of society’s problems? Frankly, I think all such anger is absurd, and think the notion of the “ideal” man is a myth. [/quote]

Metrosexuals - never done anything wrong really in my books.

Emo - lazy anti-social people are a problem for society.

There is an ideal man. But that’s the point of an ‘ideal’. Not many of them around. BUT men should still strive for something close.

We gain:

1. Entertainment with these forums.
  2. Knowledge from other’s opinions and ideas (such as yours).

You’re judged by the company you keep. I started cutting through the bullshit with people I was “friends” with a while back. Probably about 20.

Too many hanger’s on and people who exist only to cut you down, whether or not they do it while you’re around.

I have a few circles

Family:

My immediate family- mother, father, sister… and friends that I KNOW would take a bullet for me. At the moment this is just my one friend and I consider him my brother; i usually introduce him as my brother anyway.

Friends:

Like minded people who are few and far between, usually training partners or mentors. Tend to be much older than me but I can seek them for advice and they respect my opinion enough to bounce ideas off of me.

Associates:

This is where most people of my generation end up. Too much innane idiocy regarding interest in popular culture that has no effect on life other than to distract you from the important shit that IS going on.

The same people that are STAUNCH Obama supporters (not there is anything wrong with him) but cannot name their Congress-person or the head of the Federal Reserve.

Same people that buy things because they’re trendy, not utilitarian.

The one’s who I invite to go to the gym with me, but they make excuse after excuse. Yet will berate me for my dedication with terms like “gym rat” or as TC wrote in the recent Atomic Dog “Like Hell You Can”, They say they could look like me or accomplish the things I have if they stayed in the gym all the time.

90% of my battle is OUTSIDE the gym, watching what I eat, not staying out all hrs of the night, etc.

but I dont judge them, that is who they are. If they seek me for a paradigm shift. If they want to achieve more than just day dreaming about success they can ask me and travel my journey with them. If not I’m not going to NEVER talk to them, I just know what circle to keep them in so they don’t pollute my life.

I will not become one of them.

It just doesn’t suit me.

Moving along…

as far as emo culture, which gets a lot of other things lumped into it i’m sure. I truly do not give a fuck. There are far larger issues going on than for me to worry about what other people are doing. Plus a large percentage of the time its a fucking phase. I’m sure we all have something we’re embarassed about in our past especially if you spent your teen years in the 80’s.

I went off on Analog_Kid (probably unwarranted but oh well) regarding the whole “man-hood” idealism. That sort of thinking is what sparks women’s lib and other nonsense. Men have enough pressure in society to perform to unrealistic standards as it is.

We could cite the lack of justifiable role models as the problem

We could point to xenoestrogens or other ‘womanizing’ (just a synonym for weakening) of the culture.**

But what is the real issue here?

There are only two rules a man should live by…The rules have infinite depth in efficacy and application, but is staggeringly simple and completely consistent:

1- Don’t be a bitch.

2- Don’t give a fuck.

One doesn’t refer to female, but the overall premise of what a male-bitch is should pop into mind. An overwhelmingly emotional weakling with no original thought in there head. Someone who’s word is not their bond. Someone who backs away from a challenge. Someone who lacks courage. The list goes on.

Two, Not giving a fuck means that you not only do what YOU feel comfortable doing without the strangle hold of society and its predetermined “man values”, but also that you do not give a fuck what another man chooses. Ask yourself, truly “HOW DOES THIS EFFECT ME”. 99% of the time it doesn’t. So you see a strange dressed “emo” kid walking down the street… do you allow that to fuck up your entire day? Is that kid now your topic of conversation? Why? Because he’s odd looking? Get the fuck outta here thats hardly a reason. More than likely a sociologist or psychologist would pick apart your own insecurities and fear of the unknown.

This agrees with an above posters point that we (as men) constantly look to seek approval from women, though my fuck-it-all theorem reasons that we seek approval from other men JUST as much. You can lift weights to get chicks, and then meet a girl that likes skinny travis barker looking types. It all just goes back to peacocking really. You do these things to impress other males enough to back off so you can have the woman you want, or you do it to get the woman you want to show off to other males. It all goes back to your fucking approval rating with other dicks.

Oddly enough, the fact that you shouldn’t give a fuck…means that you shouldn’t listen to these two rules im espousing either. Or at least give fuck-all about what I think.

My point is, take the blue pill.

Again, probably a side issue, but I needed to address the above posters…

What in my opinion is described in the article is a comfort zone that no “Gen Y’er” is willing to break free of.

Your grandfather was a man at nearly 14 because he HAD to be. There was no social security, his folks had no retirement plan other, and very few people in the country at that time had a legacy in which they could start something with an inheiritance.

He had only himself, no comfort zone. Hell the great depression was beginning and with the industrial revolution dawning children became a liablity not a benefit (Farm life- kids =free labor, industrial rev.- kids = another mouth to feed)

This continued till we created a middle class in the New Deal Era, everyone (as is the nature of democracy) had a feeling of entitlement. We all wanted a better life for our kids

This grew and grew till we reach our technological age and nearly everyone has a safety net.

The Gen Y’ers he’s describing have parents with a 401k, stock, and probably some real estate.

If things go bad they can always “go home” and move back in. Mom & Dad are always the back up plan

This is the pinnacle of wanting and being able to createa better life for our kids.

But what is a better life?

Not having to take any risks?

Having everything decided for you?

Never having to work for anything?

Never facing failure?
Never losing?

Everyone in little league gets trophies?

If you can’t learn you take a prescription?

If you can’t keep up physically it’s discriminatory?

This is generation that is lamented in the article the culmination of the American dream.

Apathetic, Unappreciative, Talented beyond all measure, but completely unmotivated.

Our ancestors gave us the best they had, with all the best intentions. But some of the worst things in history were done with the best of intentions (forgot what movie that’s from).

It’s nothing that can’t be remedied with a good kick in the ass. But where is this shock of reality going to come from?

We don’t lack confidence persay… what we lack is what the greeks would term as Dynamis or Kanong Seuk (I think) in Thai…

The Will to Fight.

Hell, we don’t have anything to fight for.

HELL, we don’t even have a word for it in English.

oh and FRAT^ (fuck reading all that)

**Off topic but ask yourself WHY “womanizing” (‘of the culture’) is considered weakening. Why do we consider women naturally weak. Women can be some of the strongest people on the planet, why denigrate them? Emotional and wimpy is (obviously) not just a female trait. Just something to think about.

Some of your posts are hilarious. You think your thoughts are new? Every generation is always the worst generation ever and the world is going to hell in a hand basket yada yada.

You guys honestly think that a couple decades ago every male was a man’s man capable of leveling a forest with one swing of his dull axe, fighting a world war, and knocking up his wife for the 10th time after dinner all in the same day?

Each generation has their degenerates, cutthroats, brown nosers, sloths and other lesser lifeforms. Don’t let it get you down and hating everyone. Just surround yourself with good people and don’t waste time on the others.

^^a bitch is a bitch^^

yeh i see this alot, hell im not going to lie im in university at the moment and scared shitless about what the future has for me after university…but i still take risks, still stand up when its needed, but i agree there are too many people in the current generation who need to man the fuck up

I laugh openly at emos.

I am SLIGHTLY metro. As in I take pride in my appearance knowing that it practically guarantees me pussy. But I only do it for the pussy.

Oh wait. That what everyone (normal & single) does.

And I’m 21.

There is NO point in grouping people into these absurd categories, there’s whiny bitches and what not in every age group. Always were, and always will be. Thank your lucky stars you’re not one of them and move along.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:

**Off topic but ask yourself WHY “womanizing” (‘of the culture’) is considered weakening. Why do we consider women naturally weak. Women can be some of the strongest people on the planet, why denigrate them? Emotional and wimpy is (obviously) not just a female trait. Just something to think about.[/quote]

Excellent point.

George Carlin:

“Motivation is bullshit- if you ask me, this country could use a little less motivation. The people who are motivated are the one’s causing all the trouble! Stock swindlers, serial killers, child molesters, christian conservatives- these people are HIGHLY motivated!
And anyway, I think motivation is overrated: you show me some lazy prick who’s lying around all day, watching games shows and stroking his penis-and I’ll show you someone who’s not causing any fucking trouble, Okay?”

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
An excellent rant
[/quote]

Good stuff, especially the part about not giving a fuck about the things that don’t affect your life. I see too many people getting their blood pressure up over some shit they saw on TV or read on the internet. Save your energy for things that affect you, or that you have some control over. If it’s somebody else’s problem, let them handle it.

I liked the original article. When I read things like this I do not look around me and cast judgement on people I do not know, but rather use it to evaluate myself, and find my own short comings. Some of the things he criticizes young people for I was guilty of myself when I was younger, especially indecisiveness. But but people do change with experience, so I’m not really worried about the future. It may take gen Y’ers a little longer to figure shit out than it did their grandfathers, but most will eventually.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
Can’t say I disagree.

I’m 22 and am irregular compared to most of my friends. Lots and lots of betas. I’m not even that “alpha”, i just get shit done. With roommate situations, the lease, bills, are all in my name as none of my pussy friends can get it done. Just the old saying do it right by doing it yourself. I wouldn’t trust my life with most people I know, it’s really sad. Wouldn’t know whether to shit or go blind if I was bleeding profusely.

Your thoughts?

http://thegig.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2008/04/16/gen-yers-lack-confidence-behave-like-idiots/[/quote]

I’d agree, the day when getting things done means you pay bills is sad.

Hmmm by the definitions there is an over lap of about 4 years between when generation X ends and Y starts (years 1980-1984) and I’m in that over lap. I suppose that’s why I’m good with technology to some degree but more confident?

I think people are reading too much into it. Pussies will always be pussies no matter what generation, stop trying to come up with an excuse for them.

I also hate facebook and myspace. Both are just places to make people feel like they have friends when in reality they have none because they are sitting behind their computers checking to see if they have any new wall posts. Lame. Go outside and do something.

For those of you who think I’m a hypocrite because I’m on T-Nation all day, you’ll notice I almost never post after 4 aka when I got off work. Haha if I’m going to be at a computer all day than I’m keeping T-Nation up as one of the windows on my screen.

wow Xen Nova you went on such a rant, you even went against yourself. Now that’s a pretty impressive rant when you tell people they shouldn’t even be listening to you lol.

A+ for going full circle.

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:

Just curious what everyone here gains from venting their loathing of metrosexuals, emo-children, and the like, and then blaming them for all of society’s problems? Frankly, I think all such anger is absurd, and think the notion of the “ideal” man is a myth. [/quote]

I’ll be the first to say I am slightly metro. I also know a couple of emo kids who aren’t pussies either, but that is out of a lot.

And you are right. There is no ideal man, but the type of pussies we are speaking of don’t even come close. I am not exactly angry either. I am just glad I am not a pussy emo loser with nothing going for me.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
msd0060 wrote:
Can’t say I disagree.

Your thoughts?

http://thegig.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2008/04/16/gen-yers-lack-confidence-behave-like-idiots/

I’d agree, the day when getting things done means you pay bills is sad.[/quote]

It was just the most recent, easiest-to-type example. There are others, but I’m busy.

[quote]GhorigTheBeefy wrote:
Some of your posts are hilarious. You think your thoughts are new? Every generation is always the worst generation ever and the world is going to hell in a hand basket yada yada.

You guys honestly think that a couple decades ago every male was a man’s man capable of leveling a forest with one swing of his dull axe, fighting a world war, and knocking up his wife for the 10th time after dinner all in the same day?

Each generation has their degenerates, cutthroats, brown nosers, sloths and other lesser lifeforms. Don’t let it get you down and hating everyone. Just surround yourself with good people and don’t waste time on the others.[/quote]

Wow, somebody in this place actually has some perspective on things. Nice.